Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2003 4:12:23 PM EDT
Has anyone been to this recently?   I used to go every year as a little tyke, up until my early teens, when I stopped bowhunting.  I wanted to start up again this year, but time seemed to fly by, and I never ended up getting any practice time in.  Still, I was thinking of taking a ride up to Forksville this year and getting an early start on next season.

Anyone been there recently?  I remember having a great time as a kid - not just shooting, but overall.  It was a big event - lots of vendors, clinics, movies, bands, demonstration shooting, etc.   I went once 6-7 years ago, and it just wasn't the same.   No more late nights watching Howard Hill movies in the barn, no more bands, etc.   Also seemed like fewer vendors - or at least fewer archery vendors and more "junk".

How has it been recently?  I feel the "quality" probably fell off because during the older days, it was the only place where you could shoot 3-d targets.  Now they're all over the place.  Then again, perhaps it is just fond memories from the "good ole days".

What's the ratio of "real" bowmen like vs. the guys with all the wheels and gyroscopes and crap (j/k all you compound guys) nowadays?

TIA,
Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top