Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/8/2022 5:21:51 PM EDT
Got my primary ballot in the mail this week.

The Senate candidates are
Jim Lamon
Blake Masters
Michael McGuire
Justin Olson
Mark Brnovich

Brnovich has done next to nothing about the election fraud in spite of being in a position to do something,
and it seems like he was literally embarrassed into doing what little he did. I've spent a lot of time on
election analysis and imo Brnovich's handling of it is shameful, so he's out for me.

It looks like Lamon and Masters are the only others on the short list. Masters seems to have a lot
of out of state money which could be good or bad, reports are he got Trump's endorsement
after Trump met all three basically because Trump liked him, didn't like Brnovich due to election
fraud handlin (with him there) and thought Lamon was trying too hard.

I'm genuinely undecided on the senate race other than no Brnovich, so I'm curious as to everyone's pro/con on the list.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Jim Lamon
Blake Masters
Michael McGuire
Justin Olson
Mark Brnovich

Brnovich has done next to nothing about the election fraud in spite of being in a position to do something,
and it seems like he was literally embarrassed into doing what little he did. I've spent a lot of time on
election analysis and imo Brnovich's handling of it is shameful, so he's out for me.

It looks like Lamon and Masters are the only others on the short list. Masters seems to have a lot
of out of state money which could be good or bad, reports are he got Trump's endorsement
after Trump met all three basically because Trump liked him, didn't like Brnovich due to election

I'm genuinely undecided on the senate race other than no Brnovich, so I'm curious as to everyone's pro/con on the list.
View Quote

I feel the same way you do about Brnovich.
Up in the air at this point between Masters and Lamon.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Slight tangent...  I just noticed Michelle Ugenti-Rita -- the one that's been blocking most election integrity
work -- is running for Republican secretary of state. That's a bigger Nope than Brnovich for me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jim Lamon
Blake Masters
Michael McGuire
Justin Olson
Mark Brnovich

Same here...
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
This has my interest as I received my ballot today.

My first step will be to vote for NO ONE who is currently in office.

I have to research each candidate as I have given fuck all about politics and candidates in the last year or so.

"Tries too hard" unfortunately describes how I feel about Kari Lake.  Her talking points are just too perfect and I feel like she's totally manufactured.  Although I do kinda like her, its between her and Salmon for me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for info.

I'm not sure, personally, but I'll vote for anyone who can beat the ASStronaut. That guy is garbage.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 8:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have to research each candidate as I have given fuck all about politics and candidates in the last year or so.

"Tries too hard" unfortunately describes how I feel about Kari Lake.  Her talking points are just too perfect and I feel like she's totally manufactured.  Although I do kinda like her, its between her and Salmon for me.
View Quote

Salmon dropped out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:07:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
snip
View Quote

If that's the case, you're voting for Lake -- Salmon withdrew from the race and is backing Karrin Taylor Robson.

I'd already decided on Lake, I feel the same in the sense that she's clearly saying all the right things --
but it's all the right things to conservatives and she's not pulling punches. Honestly the main thing for me
is that they've made it very clear she's not part of the crony AZ state Republican machine, which IMO is
one of the biggest problems the state has right now, they're the ones electing RINOs and covering up
election fraud for the Dems, probably because they had a hand in it. Of the roster Lake was the only one
that's clean in that regard, and that probably is why she got Trumps endorsement.

I'm a bit surprised Fann endorsed Robson as well.

Lake is leading Robson by quite a bit, Robson's main base is never-Trump republicans.

Hobbs is virtually guaranteed the Dem slot, so it's either a Lake v. Hobbs or  Robson v. Hobbs race, and
Lake has way more recognition than Robson, and back in February was the only one polling as beating
Hobbs. God forbid if Hobbs wins, as they'll institutionalize the fraud we saw in 2020 and there'll be no
turning back.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Salmon dropped out.
View Quote

After they printed the ballots, apparently.  

He's on mine.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
OK.  Now I have to figure out the rest.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got mine and don't know who half these people are or what they truly represent.  I've got some research to do.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Brnovich sucks ,and needs to go .
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree that she comes across as a little too polished and overproduced which can seem fake. I think that came from her news days. After some of the long-form interviews that I've seen her give, I think she's genuine, but I wish she would be a little more down to earth.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Brnovich sucks ,and needs to go .
View Quote

Agreed. He talked so tough about a bunch of stuff, but he never delivered. And it was too little too late for him on the election shenanigans. Very disappointing.
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Brnovich is at the bottom of my list.  Arizona’s election got stolen under his watch.

Not a huge fan of McGuire either.  I spent 11 years in the Arizona Guard, and was never impressed by him.  He used Covid as an excuse to set himself up for a senate run.  Any time Ducey was on TV, McGuire was no more than 10 feet from him.  He seems very much like a politician, which is not something we need another one of in office here.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Masters for senate.

Lake for governor.  

Taylor Robson was put in as a candidate by the McCain faction and the establishment RINOs.  She's got the backing of Ducey and Cindy McCain.  Those two endorsements are enough to tell me that she would be awful as governor.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe it’s just me, but the more rags like Washington post come out against Lake, and now the AZ RHINO Association is backing Robson, that’s just cements my vote for Lake

As to the other candidates, is there an ‘America First’ , or similar group that we can run all these candidates through?
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I agree that she comes across as a little too polished and overproduced which can seem fake. I think that came from her news days. After some of the long-form interviews that I've seen her give, I think she's genuine, but I wish she would be a little more down to earth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same people that hate her are the same people that I hate...

That's all I need to know.  

Look at her enemies and you'll know who she is.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He's on mine.
View Quote

He folded on guns when we had the UofA nursing school shooting here when he was running against nappy,  he's a weak suck
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#19]
gezzus...

I swear some are just never satisfied.  People cried about Trump NOT being polished and now some are crying about Lake being TOO polished.

Policy, not personality, should always inform your vote.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Masters for senate.

Lake for governor.  

Taylor Robson was put in as a candidate by the McCain faction and the establishment RINOs.  She's got the backing of Ducey and Cindy McCain.  Those two endorsements are enough to tell me that she would be awful as governor.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm starting to lean Masters now as well. He seems to live well outside the RINOsphere.

Link Posted: 7/10/2022 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
gezzus...

I swear some are just never satisfied.  People cried about Trump NOT being polished and now some are crying about Lake being TOO polished.

Policy, not personality, should always inform your vote.
View Quote

I voted for Lake.  But she seems to be the gubernatorial-candidate equivalent of a manufactured boy band.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just got mine and don't know who half these people are or what they truly represent.  I've got some research to do.
View Quote
Same. Whichever one is the most libertarian will get my vote. I have about as much interest in living in a Republican theocracy as I do living in democrat poverty
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I voted for Lake.  But she seems to be the gubernatorial-candidate equivalent of a manufactured boy band.
View Quote

As long as she's singing the tune I want to hear
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just hope she doesnt Flip when she gets in office

Whats the dirt on Masters?

He seems too good.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 12:34:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He seems too good.
View Quote

Masters is a well polished RINO and fan/follower of George Soros!
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well....Salmon flipped BEFORE he got in office and I'm thankful he showed that he's a weak suck with no conviction by bailing on gun owners back in the day.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He's on mine.
View Quote

This will be my first time voting in AZ in 40 years.

I registered to vote two months ago.  Am I supposed to receive my ballot in the mail?  Haven't seen one yet.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This will be my first time voting in AZ in 40 years.

I registered to vote two months ago.  Am I supposed to receive my ballot in the mail?  Haven't seen one yet.
View Quote

Only if you signed up for early voting. Normally you get a notice to sign up but if your registration is that new
you might have missed the early voting cut-off for primaries, mine came either with or right around the same
time as my voter ID.

You can check with the county recorder on dates but if you haven't gotten a ballot I'd assume you need to
vote in person, recorder will also know your precinct.

Did you get your voter ID card yet?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He seems too good.

you got something to back that up? seems unlikely T$ would endorse him if he was connected to soros
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I hate to be the bearer of bad juju but the ill be gotten saying "the lesser of two evils" applies to every political party, that includes the Republican party.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 4:31:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Only if you signed up for early voting. Normally you get a notice to sign up but if your registration is that new
you might have missed the early voting cut-off for primaries, mine came either with or right around the same
time as my voter ID.

You can check with the county recorder on dates but if you haven't gotten a ballot I'd assume you need to
vote in person, recorder will also know your precinct.

Did you get your voter ID card yet?
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Yes, I received the card.

I've always voted in person except for the years I was outside CONUS.

This is a small town, so the line shouldn't be too long
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I hate to be the bearer of bad juju but the ill be gotten saying "the lesser of two evils" applies to every political party, that includes the Republican party.
View Quote

I don't support either party.  I'm registered as an independent.  

Republican are just as shit-baggy as the dems.

Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:39:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

you got something to back that up? seems unlikely T$ would endorse him if he was connected to soros
View Quote

Just a Connected Republican that attends all the meetings and also told me that Trump was booed in Las Vegas
for his NV. picks.  T doesn't get them all right...look at his picks in GA.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:51:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been digging and so far I haven't found anything. The only stuff that keeps coming up is Peter Thiel, which is no
surprise since Masters literally worked for his foundation (and is being bankrolled in part by him.)

I am finding a lot of attack stuff from left-leaning (and Soros connected) organizations so it seems unlikely
he's backed by them, but if anyone else finds something please post it.

I will say there is some whacked "news" from fringe media out there that needs sources disclosed,
and even that didn't indicate any Soros support that I could find.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Olson > Lamon > Masters > McGuire > Brno
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Slight tangent...  I just noticed Michelle Ugenti-Rita -- the one that's been blocking most election integrity
work -- is running for Republican secretary of state. That's a bigger Nope than Brnovich for me.
View Quote

She blocked Townsend bills, which were shit. She has passed other ones.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Salmon is withdrew. Robson is a RINO. Funded the commie Gallegos.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Masters for senate.

Lake for governor.  

View Quote

Masters is Peter Thiel, Silicon Valley, WEF
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:39:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Masters is Peter Thiel, Silicon Valley, WEF
View Quote

Peter Thiel and Silicon Valley, yes.

Thiel pretty much hates the WEF.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

https://www.weforum.org/people/peter-a-thiel

https://www.younggloballeaders.org/community?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=peter&status=&class_year=§or=®ion=a0Tb00000000DC9EAM
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.younggloballeaders.org/community?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=peter&status=&class_year=§or=®ion=a0Tb00000000DC9EAM
View Quote

Yes, and Thiel has separated himself from the organization and openly criticizes it now ("I got sick of it, it's not a truth seeking place."), per my above link.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lots of people change their minds, T$ used to be a democrat, so did I
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, and Thiel has separated himself from the organization and openly criticizes it now ("I got sick of it, it's not a truth seeking place."), per my above link.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I get that. However, why take that risk. When you can vote for someone with no baggage, such as Olson. Who had a proven record and has served AZ for years?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I get that. However, why take that risk. When you can vote for someone with no baggage, such as Olson. Who had a proven record and has served AZ for years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not really a fan of life long politicians, that wasn't really what the founders had in mind
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

From the research I've done since I first posted this, we're down to two candidates that are polling high enough that one will win,
so the choice is really between Lamon and Masters. Lamon is getting backed by a whole lot of RINOs, and Masters is backed by
Trump and a bunch of billionaire money, lead by Thiel who seems to be more libertarian than republican.

The next issue is which of them would win against Kelly. The last election Kelly outraised McSally, with the totals of $99 million and $71 million.

This election needs seriously deep pockets.

I've found myself leaning towards Masters due to bring pragmatic about money winning races and not wanting another McCain-class RINO in the seat.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not really a fan of life long politicians, that wasn't really what the founders had in mind
View Quote

Olson is like in his mid 40s.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

From the research I've done since I first posted this, we're down to two candidates that are polling high enough that one will win,
so the choice is really between Lamon and Masters. Lamon is getting backed by a whole lot of RINOs, and Masters is backed by
Trump and a bunch of billionaire money, lead by Thiel who seems to be more libertarian than republican.

The next issue is which of them would win against Kelly. The last election Kelly outraised McSally, with the totals of $99 million and $71 million.

This election needs seriously deep pockets.

I've found myself leaning towards Masters due to bring pragmatic about money winning races and not wanting another McCain-class RINO in the seat.
View Quote

Lamon is extremely wealthy. One of the reasons I am leery of him is because of his solar business. But, I am less leery of that than someone being on the Facebook board and having not lived in AZ long before running
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:51:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Lake once registered as, and voted for the mocha jesus, even had a pic taken with the guy, but you're not suspicious of her past baggage, which is much more egregious than Blake's.
To be fair, neither am I, which is why I voted for her, and voted for Masters.

Jay
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lake once registered as, and voted for the mocha jesus, even had a pic taken with the guy, but you're not suspicious of her past baggage, which is much more egregious than Blake's.
To be fair, neither am I, which is why I voted for her, and voted for Masters.

Jay
View Quote

Yeah, but let's be honest. I'm not sure having your picture taken with McCain is much better.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top