Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2022 6:12:04 PM EDT
True Shot Gun Club

I'm in LHC, so I'd have them ship me ammo, but I've never dealt with them before.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not a big fan but they are GTG.  They have a big warehouse in Tempe, i've bought from them a couple times before.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If you were local, I would warn you that they are the kings of false price advertising...but they should be OK if they have to ship to you.

They are located about 2 miles from my house.  I will never shop there, and here is why;

A little while ago I was in need of some 6.5 Creedmoor plinking rounds, so I was looking for some S&B 140gr.  True Shot had them listed on their website for $16.49 per box.  I drove over and walked into their small show room....at the time they were a small warehouse and about a 150 sq ft show room.  I grabbed a few boxes of ammo and went to pay for them...and I was told they were $22.99 per box.  Confusion...."they are listed as $16.49 on your website", I told the counter guy.  "Yeah, that's the online price....we have different pricing if you pick them up."  I inquired as to why that is... "Well, we have to pay for the retail space"  I was told....this coming from the guy sitting in a 10ft x 15 ft front office/room of a warehouse space that was being rented regardless of how many people walk into a store in person.

They continue this practice to this day, and they now have large show retail show room.

You know how if you go to the McDonald's drive-thru and a Big Mac is $4, but if you walk inside to use their tables and chairs and order one it costs $7?  Yeah, me either....fuck True Shot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you were local, I would warn you that they are the kings of false price advertising...but they should be OK if they have to ship to you.

They are located about 2 miles from my house.  I will never shop there, and here is why;

A little while ago I was in need of some 6.5 Creedmoor plinking rounds, so I was looking for some S&B 140gr.  True Shot had them listed on their website for $16.49 per box.  I drove over and walked into their small show room....at the time they were a small warehouse and about a 150 sq ft show room.  I grabbed a few boxes of ammo and went to pay for them...and I was told they were $22.99 per box.  Confusion...."they are listed as $16.49 on your website", I told the counter guy.  "Yeah, that's the online price....we have different pricing if you pick them up."  I inquired as to why that is... "Well, we have to pay for the retail space"  I was told....this coming from the guy sitting in a 10ft x 15 ft front office/room of a warehouse space that was being rented regardless of how many people walk into a store in person.

They continue this practice to this day, and they now have large show retail show room.

You know how if you go to the McDonald's drive-thru and a Big Mac is $4, but if you walk inside to use their tables and chairs and order one it costs $7?  Yeah, me either....fuck True Shot.
View Quote
Thanks for the info. I'm debating buying from them. It's $70 to ship 3k rounds to Lake Havasu, and another $30 for insurance. Or I have to spend a $100 to join their "club" for free shipping. I also see they charge $9.99 to will call an order....
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Aren’t a total scam but close, I would spend my money elsewhere
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I've bought from them in store and online-pickup-in-store this month. Gtg.

$10 to pickup in store still ended up cheaper than buying elsewhere +shipping.

Guys that work there are cool too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 12:46:17 AM EDT
[#6]
As stated already, in store is a little more expensive.

They're good to go though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I'm debating buying from them. It's $70 to ship 3k rounds to Lake Havasu, and another $30 for insurance. Or I have to spend a $100 to join their "club" for free shipping. I also see they charge $9.99 to will call an order....
View Quote

$100 to ship?

It's freight.  Yeah, they'll never get my bidness
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#8]
GTG as in won't steal your info and you'll get your ammo yes.

However as others have said they have some seriously fucky practices. They do have a small show once a year which is interesting. The other major problem I have with them is that when the pandemic and all the protests and what not hit they were one of the first to seriously jack up prices well beyond what was reasonable. I have screen shots if you want to see them. I know how supply and demand but it was to ridiculous levels.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I had the same bait and switch prices trying to buy in their store a few years back.
No thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:31:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ran into the same issuse whem buying 556 wolf gold

Not sure why they hate us local guys
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:08:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ran into the same issuse whem buying 556 wolf gold

Not sure why they hate us local guys
View Quote

The fact that they now charge you $10 for the honor of walking inside their building and picking it up your online order is a slap in the face.  I am simply amazed they are still doing business with local shoppers.  Maybe they could sell the fancy robot they own that moves boxes 5 feet and use the money to not fuck over local buyers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Bought some 9mm and 556, no issues, paid the price listed on their website, purchases were made in Feb and March. I say GTG
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I sure miss UN Ammo
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:18:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I sure miss UN Ammo
View Quote

I loved their 165 grain 9mm
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#15]
All I gotta do is read a few negative/Bad reports like these and they've lost me Forever, Thanks fellas
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:03:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All I gotta do is read a few negative/Bad reports like these and they've lost me Forever, Thanks fellas
View Quote
Yep, I ended up not buying from them.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not a big fan but they are GTG.  They have a big warehouse in Tempe, i've bought from them a couple times before.
View Quote

Same experience here. Fuk 'em.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Bought from them once online and received the ammo
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#19]
The owner is my neighbor and a friend, I made him aware of the thread and he’s working on a couple things. I’ve always had good experiences but he’s a friend. Always good to support local v big box.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Never had a problem with Howie ,what ever happened to UN ammo ?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

They closed.  Can’t remember the reason, but I think it was after they sold pretty much everything they had at the beginning of covid
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

My understanding is that he retired after selling off his inventory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top