Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2021 1:04:09 AM EDT
Was in the NF east of Camp Verde this past weekend. The soil was similar to the rubber matting at parks the kids play on. Had some give.

Been in Phoenix my whole life and am used to the soil packed so tight a razor blade backhoe can hardly dig through it. Plus rocks the sizes of VW bugs throughout.

Also, the Verde Valley is absolutely beautiful in springtime. Go outdoors, friends.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 1:24:18 AM EDT
[#1]
It really is beautiful up there, my favorite area of the state.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It really is beautiful up there, my favorite area of the state.
View Quote

Bloody Basin up north through to Happy Jack, to include the Verde Valley, is where I spend most of my time. Lots of places to explore.

OP, where exactly was this?

A couple years ago, I went hiking in Central Nevada, near Manhattan. The moon dust there was like walking on marshmallows and it didn't easily become airborne. It was heavenly.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Bloody Basin up north through to Happy Jack, to include the Verde Valley, is where I spend most of my time. Lots of places to explore.

OP, where exactly was this?

A couple years ago, I went hiking in Central Nevada, near Manhattan. The moon dust there was like walking on marshmallows and it didn't easily become airborne. It was heavenly.
View Quote

260 east of camp verde, not all that far from town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top