Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2021 7:43:12 PM EDT
I live in Colorado and I'm heading to Arizona for a couple days and plan to take my Glock and my wife will take her Shield. I know Arizona accepts the Colorado permit(we both have CO CCW permits) and vice versa. Any laws in AZ that are very different from CO we should be aware of? We will be in Lake Havasu and the surrounding areas. Flying in to Las Vegas and driving the rest of the way. Any laws about traveling the roads with a loaded chamber and gun on the hip? From what I understand I have to declare the handgun, have then together, unloaded with ammo and everything in a locked hard case and put in your checked luggage.....Thank for any advise!
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Be aware of reservation land. You can travel through on the highways ans be ok, but if you stop to go hiking or visit certain areas then you are under their laws.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
California is <- that way if you go on the lake.

No guns in bars unless you have a permit, are concealing and then you cannot drink. The bar can post a no gun sign, usually next to their liquor license, which applies to all.

If you get pulled over, there is no mandatory reporting to the officer that you are carrying. Despite GD hilarity, 87% of these situations are based on the attitude of the person being pulled over. Of course, there's bad apples on the other side as well.

AZ is constitutional carry. I do not know if it applies to non-residents.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys! It looks like we will have to drive through a small section of California. Any restrictions for traveling through? Leave locked up in the case?
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:29:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Best to ask the CAHTF for that one. Concealed means concealed though, so YMMV. Just don't drive like a jackass and draw any attention and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
California is <- that way if you go on the lake.

No guns in bars unless you have a permit, are concealing and then you cannot drink. The bar can post a no gun sign, usually next to their liquor license, which applies to all.

If you get pulled over, there is no mandatory reporting to the officer that you are carrying. Despite GD hilarity, 87% of these situations are based on the attitude of the person being pulled over. Of course, there's bad apples on the other side as well.

AZ is constitutional carry. I do not know if it applies to non-residents.
View Quote

There is no mandatory reporting, but you must answer accurately if you are specifically asked.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#6]
It has been a while but I think CA has a 10 rd mag limit and when transporting the gun and mag need to be separated and the mag unloaded.

If you want to visit the Hoover Dam then be aware that it is controlled by Homeland Security and they pull you over for a vehicle check. If you have any firearms they will not let you cross the damn or go into the visitor center.

If you go down to Kingman, AZ or Palm Gardens and over to Laughlin you can stay on the AZ side.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys! It looks like we will have to drive through a small section of California. Any restrictions for traveling through? Leave locked up in the case?
View Quote

If you are driving south on the 95 you make a left at Courtright road towards Topock and Golden Shores (left at the Arco).  You will stay in AZ the whole time.  This route is also faster than trying to through Kingman. In spite of my profile location, I live in Lake Havasu Az.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone! I had a successful trip with no trouble! Arizona is awesome! May have to move there!
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It has been a while but I think CA has a 10 rd mag limit and when transporting the gun and mag need to be separated and the mag unloaded.

View Quote

Kalifornistan:

10-round mag limit
Mags may be loaded.
Gun must be unloaded when transporting.  (unloaded means nothing in the chamber and mag out if mag is loaded)
Gun must be secured.  So, either in a locked case, OR in the trunk.   Factory case w/ small padlock is fine.

Concealed = Concealed  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top