Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2018 10:47:44 PM EDT
Any recommendations for a Krav Maga studio in the Scottsdale area for a 50 year old former athlete?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
We called a few places but they were very pushy to sign up for a year with out having the ability to take a few lessons first.  They kept calling back for weeks too leaving voice mails - Multiple places.  It was very off putting
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Asking for a friend. He does not want attention nor drama.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe looks for a place that offers boxing or muy thai for standup and some BJJ for the ground.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:30:53 AM EDT
[#4]
For what it's worth, a friend of mine who used to fight semi professional told me not to bother with it and to do BJJ with some sort of boxing for striking.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Second that response above.

BJJ gym where I go:

http://www.ufitmma.com/
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I always wondered about the Krav Maga thing.  But I hear more about BJJ than I do positive experiences with places around here that offer krav maga.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I did krav for years, it's a great workout. I'll just leave it at that. I switched over to Muay Thai and never looked back.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the responses. I will let him know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 5:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure what part of down dude is in. But Megaton BJJ in North Phoenix is great.

Lots of older dudes, no meat heads, great place to train. Megaton Dias is a world class BJJ instructor.

Cecil Burch teaches a phenomenal self defense orientated standup class there.

Can't recommend that place enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top