Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 11:18:23 AM EDT
I'm looking for a store that has a good selection of MTB shoes. I'd prefer in the N. Phoenix/PV area, but I'll go farther out for a good store.

Also, any good sources for good used bikes? Looking for a spare bike...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Email sent
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Performance bikes has a few locations and good selection. One is off Raintree near the Danny's car wash. There's  one on the 101 west loop , maybe on thunderbird
Landis cyclery on Scottsdale road sells specialized brand shoes, which are great shoes but run a little narrow compared to sidi

There's a movie theatre where the 101 meets Scottsdale rd. straight south across from that theatre in the plaza across the road there is a huge dealer with great selection. Sorry for the flaky directions but you can't miss it if you're there

Giant bikes also have a corporate store in the area, google it, they'll have tons to pick from
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
DNA Cycles has been good to me. Not sure if they are in your area though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DNA Cycles has been good to me. Not sure if they are in your area though.
View Quote

This, they are at 7077 East Mayo Blvd. Right off of Scottsdale and the 101.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Sunday cycles. 32nd street and Bell. Have a beer with Joe.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Performance or roll down to Tempe Bike (which has a lot of crap they sell to poor college students, but also has some good stuff)

There's a DNA by me. They're nice guys. Prices are MSRP + a premium.

I'll buy a tube or something from them, but anything else... I drive.

Quick Example (which, when I busted mine, is when I realized just how far out of line they are)

Shimano M520 MTB Pedal; possibly the most common pedal in the world.

DNA: $54.99
Performance: $39.99
Amazon: $36

I just about choked when they told me $60. Sorry, the premium is too much for me to recommend them to anyone I like.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Performance or roll down to Tempe Bike (which has a lot of crap they sell to poor college students, but also has some good stuff)

There's a DNA by me. They're nice guys. Prices are MSRP + a premium.

I'll buy a tube or something from them, but anything else... I drive.

Quick Example (which, when I busted mine, is when I realized just how far out of line they are)

Shimano M520 MTB Pedal; possibly the most common pedal in the world.

DNA: $54.99

Performance: $39.99

Amazon: $36

I just about choked when they told me $60. Sorry, the premium is too much for me to recommend them to anyone I like.
View Quote
That was for one item. I've bought two bikes from them that were year old models at half MSRP. Couldn't even find a used one at that price (Specialized).

Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#9]
This is great informaiton, thanks! Time to go wear out a CC....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top