Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2011 7:03:05 PM EDT
Anyone heard of these guys ? Looks like a fun course, I like that they have force on force training but ehhh not sure about their videos lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj2DltrfSGg

www.Marauders.us

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 4:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Rap music in the video killed it I shut it off within 2 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I did a class with them a while ago, one of the instructors (head instructor?), Mike, is a pretty cool guy

Only qualm I would have is that the shooting stance they taught me was a bit different, kind of in between an isosceles and a standard 45 degree stance

they have a simulation town complete with buildings like hotels, church etc. and running cars and vans to train with

I think the reason their videos look kind of "tacticool" is because they run an airsoft field, and the revenue from that

greatly depends on how much they can make the kids who go do that feel like tier 1 operators
pretty good imho

Link Posted: 11/16/2011 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
First I've ever heard of them.

I'm not much into the whole "let's look tier 1" training, but it works for some guys.
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not saying they are anything special at all I just like the range / town they have set up. Pretty nifty
Link Posted: 11/16/2011 9:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not saying they are anything special at all I just like the range / town they have set up. Pretty nifty

Did you just say nifty? Yep, you did. I quoted it.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o7gg554DZU&
WTF is it with these YouTube "tactical" schools and their unsafe firearms handling tactics?

Am I mistaken or in the above link (at 00:32-00:50) does it appear the guys with ballcaps are firing while the guys who just popped smoke are basically downrange from them?

Are these simunitions or something? If not, I sure wouldn't want to be 50 feet in front of 2 guys firing live rounds in my general direction.

Besides, I'm saving so that I can train with 1911 snipers! ( you know who you are)

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WTF is it with these YouTube "tactical" schools and their unsafe firearms handling tactics?

Am I mistaken or in the above link (at 00:32-00:50) does it appear the guys with ballcaps are firing while the guys who just popped smoke are basically downrange from them?

Are these simunitions or something? If not, I sure wouldn't want to be 50 feet in front of 2 guys firing live rounds in my general direction.

Besides, I'm saving so that I can train with 1911 snipers! ( you know who you are)

im pretty sure its normal in training to shoot while your teammates/classmates are kind of in front of you, to a point

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
im pretty sure its normal dangerous and asking for an accident in training to shoot while your teammates/classmates are kind of in front of you, to a point

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

im pretty sure its normal dangerous and asking for an accident in training to shoot while your teammates/classmates are kind of in front of you, to a point

FIFY

you cant honestly say that no serious training center in the country does team training like this, can you?

gunsite, thunder ranch, the services.................................................. magpul

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Do reputable trainers teach move & shoot drills? Of course!

However, there's a big difference between traversing sideways from the left end of the range to the right end of the range while closing distance to targets (as seen in the magpul video) and standing 50 feet behind where others are located (in front of you) and firing (as seen in the marauder training video).

(Edit)
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Instructor "bios"-

MTT Ground Combat School programs are organized
and taught by a number of MTT Staff Personnel.  These programs may also
include guest instructors with specialized knowledge or experience.  
Please direct specific inquiries about each instructors background or qualifications to [email protected]
Instructor 1
Military Experience:  US Air
Force Security Forces (4 years) with experience as a patrol man, desk
sergeant, and assitant team leader for Emergency Services Team (1 year).

Private Sector Experience:  
Consultant/Trainer for military, law enforcement, corporate security (10
years) with experience in executive protection, force protection
training, and  critical incident response team development.

MTT Courses of Instruction: All GCS Course Programs
Instructor 2

Military Experience:  US Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician (8 years) with multiple deployements to Iraq and Afghanistan.

Consultant/Trainer for military, law enforcement and corporate security
(4 years) with experience in force protection training and IED
recgonition and interdiction training.

MTT Courses of Instruction:  GCS Basic Training, Combat Stress Program, Tactical Mobility, IED Recognition and Response.
Instructor 3

Military Experience:  US Naval Special Warfare and French Foreign Legion with deployments to Bosnia.

Consultant/Trainer for military, law enforcement and corporate security
with experience in executive protection, force protection training and
close quarter defensive tactics instruction.

MTT Courses of Instruction:  GCS Basic Training, Combat Stress Program, Weapon Qualification, Close Quarter Combat, Close Quarter Defenseive Tactics.

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Do reputable trainers teach move & shoot drills? Of course!

However, there's a big difference between traversing sideways from the left end of the range to the right end of the range while closing distance to targets (as seen in the magpul video) and standing 50 feet behind where others are located (in front of you) and firing (as seen in the marauder training video).
(Edit)

so its okay when youre moving and shooting with friendlies downrange, but not when youre stationary, in stable shooting positions
k

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1. It appears that they are about street width distance apart.
2. Both sides are firing down their own "lane."
3. Live fire.
4.Probably staff.

Don't disregard the training they offer from a short video clip.
I'm sure they did cold rehearsals and dry walk thru's many times before they started filming the live fire runs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top