Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2011 6:38:26 AM EDT
To the pretty lady at the gym,

I want to congratulate you on your latest achievement.  I know it was a struggle to put the dumbbells back on the rack.  Every time before today you just simply left them where you were working out.  Well, to my surprise you actually put them back on the rack this morning!  I was so happy.  I bet you just didnt know how to put them back before.  Someone must have enlightened you to the proper gym etiquette.  

Now that you have conquered this hill, I want you to start a new goal.  When you put the weights back on the rack, they have this technology call "numbers".  If you look real close on the dumbbells, you will see these "numbers".  Typically, these numbers equal the amount of weight you are using.  Well, guess what?  They put those crazy numbers on the rack too!  This means, that when you pick up a set of 30 pound dumb bells, you can put it back where you found it by matching those numbers!!!

Wow, I know thats a lot to take in.  But thanks for you continued co-operation in making the gym experience pleasurable for everyone.

You are cute, and in great shape.  But why do you have to be so ignorant?

Thanks,
Rifleguy81

She is real cute though!

ETA: Grammar Nazis
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
To the pretty lady at the gym,

I want to congratulate you on your latest achievement.  I know it was a struggle to put the dumbbells back on the rack.  Every time before today you just simply left them where you were working out.  Well, to my surprise you actually put them back on the rack this morning!  I was so happy.  I bet you just didnt know how to put them back before.  Someone must have enlightened you to the proper gym etiquette.  

Now that you have conquered this hill, I want you to start a new goal.  When you put the weights back on the rack, they have this technology call "numbers".  If you look real close on the dumbbells, you will see these "numbers".  Typically, these numbers equal the amount of weight you are using.  Well, guess what?  They put those crazy numbers on the rack too!  This means, that when you pick up a set of 30 pound dumb bells, you can put it back where you found it by matching those numbers!!!

Wow, I know thats a lot to take in.  But thanks for you continued co-operation in making the gym experience pleasurable for everyone.

You're
cute, and in great shape.  But why do you have to be so ignorant?

Thanks,
Rifleguy81

She is real cute though!

Pics or it didn't happen.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
LOL most women are lazy at least his one works out
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps someone should give her a Pearl Neckless as a reward
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I see an excuse to talk to the girl.  Might lead to something
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I go to the gym to work out.  Its not a social club (to me) although many there can be seen chatting with each other holding and sipping their Starbucks coffee.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#6]
This looks and reads exactly like the Craigslist/Rants and Raves (love that section) letters do. I feel your pain though, when you see that crap happen, the ole' "are you fucking kidding me???" thoughts spring to life.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pics or GTFO - you know the rules!

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I aint taking pictures.  I would get arrested Im sure.

I can do MS Paint though
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can do MS Paint though

A pic is a pic. Get to work.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can do MS Paint though

A pic is a pic. Get to work.

This her?

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Here's my MS Paint of what I predict her to look like

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#13]

wow, you have 1337 ms paint skillz
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go to the gym to work out.  Its not a social club (to me) although many there can be seen chatting with each other holding and sipping their Starbucks coffee.

Thread just turned gay.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:46:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Open letter to all males on Arfcom.  

I know you believe that talking to cute women is harder than making an FM radio out of a pile of dead leaves, but it's really not, it's actually pretty easy.  Just walk up to her and say something like "Hi, my name is XXX, I can see you're having problems putting the weights away, can I help?"  And when you're done helping say "How would you like to go next door for a cup of coffee (or whatever the nearest place offers).

The worst that can happen is she can say "No" and you'll have gotten valuable practice talking to women AND a chance to toughen up your ego. And you've gotten your point across about the weights.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know you believe that talking to cute women is harder than making an FM radio out of a pile of dead leaves, but it's really not, it's actually pretty easy.  Just walk up to her and say something like "Hi, my name is XXX, I can see you're having problems putting the weights away, can I help?"  And when you're done helping say "How would you like to go next door for a cup of coffee (or whatever the nearest place offers).

The worst that can happen is she can say "No" and you'll have gotten valuable practice talking to women AND a chance to toughen up your ego. And you've gotten your point across about the weights.

HAHA! This one made me laugh out loud. I don't get it either, man - it's just a female. Go over and talk to her - maybe you'll make a friend for the day, and if you're lucky, the rest of your life. She might be totally awesome. I'm glad I took the chance with my wife - she's the coolest person ever.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would have skills talking to women, but there are none to practice on in my moms basement.....

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is probably the most gay I've heard all week, and I work in a mechanical shop. Go up to her and school her about the weights, yeah she'll get pissed but then you'll have her full attention.

Is this her?

Now go sneak a pic or everyone will think that you are gay!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HAHA! This one made me laugh out loud. I don't get it either, man - it's just a female. Go over and talk to her - maybe you'll make a friend for the day, and if you're lucky, the rest of your life. She might be totally awesome. I'm glad I took the chance with my wife - she's the coolest person ever.

You two should think about doing seminars.  

Lots of guys out there need more of this kind of help.  

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You two should think about doing seminars.  

Lots of guys out there need more of this kind of help.  

That's funny - I actually tell some guys I know that I'll give them "Man Lessons" for a small fee. Then I start cracking jokes about how much allotted time their wives give them every month to take their testicles out of the mason jar under the bed. And single guys, holy crap - what's with them these days? Skinny jeans and long hair - WTF?! My Dad would've kicked my ass. Seriously, wouldn't even have asked any questions, just went straight to an ass whooping. Whatever happened to grabbing some fine young lady and sitting her on your knee while you drink whiskey and tell war stories?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I aint taking pictures.  I would get arrested Im sure.

I can do MS Paint though

dont be a pussy.... thats what camera phones are for looks like you are texting but you're really snapping away....lol
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is probably the most gay I've heard all week, and I work in a mechanical shop. Go up to her and school her about the weights, yeah she'll get pissed but then you'll have her full attention.

Is this her?

http://www.liberatemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/david-hasselhoff-07.jpg

Now go sneak a pic or everyone will think that you are gay!

Thank you.  

I never said it was social club, but if you are single the girl is single, has some looks, exercises, and seems cool other than not putting weights away, maybe one thing can lead to another.  Sounds like you've been eying her for a while.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I know you believe that talking to cute women is harder than making an FM radio out of a pile of dead leaves, but it's really not, it's actually pretty easy. Just walk up to her and say something like "Hi, my name is XXX, I can see you're having problems putting the weights away, can I help?" And when you're done helping say "How would you like to go next door for a cup of coffee (or whatever the nearest place offers).

Most women are smarter than this and know from the movies...dudes that lift weights and are named Triple X...don't drink coffee.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

That's funny - I actually tell some guys I know that I'll give them "Man Lessons" for a small fee. Then I start cracking jokes about how much allotted time their wives give them every month to take their testicles out of the mason jar under the bed. And single guys, holy crap - what's with them these days? Skinny jeans and long hair - WTF?! My Dad would've kicked my ass. Seriously, wouldn't even have asked any questions, just went straight to an ass whooping. Whatever happened to grabbing some fine young lady and sitting her on your knee while you drink whiskey and tell war stories?

You really should.  

I try to give the guys advice where I can, but for the most part it seems they need a man to teach them.  

And as a woman - I'll tell you many guys out there need man lessons bad.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top