Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 6:48:48 PM EDT
I have an expensive dj mixer that I want to sell but it stopped working a while back.  I think maybe the power supply went bad because it just stopped turning on one day.   If there is anyone on here willing to fix it (Ill pay for parts) I would be willing to split whatever I sell it for with you.  

I think I can probably drag 200-300  bucks out of it at least. It was 1700 dollars new and is still in good condition. it is a tascam x-9 mixer
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I might be able to check it out, is it soldered in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#2]
this is what i got

youll probably have to open it up and see why the power button isn't turning it on. didn't spill anything on it or drop it so Im assuming it just quit due to power supply or something.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My dad likes to work on audio equipment.  I can check with him and see if he might be interested in looking at it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#4]
At least open it up and look for blown fuses before paying someone.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I Guess i can pop it open and see if i can fix it just let me know when is good for you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
just spent an hour taking the thing apart since the  main fuses looked fine and found a little hiden blown fuse.. seems to me by design to make you send it in to the manufacturer when it blows.  going to radio shack to get a new one and see if this fixes it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top