Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2011 12:19:11 AM EDT
Hello all,

I'm going to be visiting my dad in Green Valley next month and Alaska Airlines says I can transport up to 50lbs of ammo.  Ammo prices in Alaska are crazy high and shipping is a no go (1000 rounds runs about $400 up here    ).

Where is the best place to pick up a case of 5.56?  Maybe some Lake City xm855 (I'm not really picky)?  Also looking for some 147gr 9mm.

The old man isn't a shooter, so if any of you could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  

Thanks in advance,

Sh1fty
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Order online and have it sent to his house would be my suggestion.  Sales tax in tucson is just shy of 10% so there are not too many good deals right off the bat.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd agree, just order something online and have it sent to your dad's house, then take it back with you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed, order online and have it shipped to AZ then take it home with you. The tax rate here in AZ is insane.

Check out:

http://www.gun-deals.com/ammo.php

or

http://www.ammoengine.com/

Happy hunting!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Good call...  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Plus, it's already boxed for you. After checking the contents, tape it back up, slap a new label on it and you're GTG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top