Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 11:33:31 AM EDT
NOOOOOOO!!!!! WHY ME!!!! WHY!!!!

I can't do anything with my handgun right? California doesn't honor our permits at all I think. I'm going to have to research this.

I need to find a legal way that I can bring my gun with me.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll make it simple.

CCW without a permit is a misdemeanor. No they do NOT honor your AZ permit.

When transporting a "concealable firearm", i.e. handgun, it must be in a locked container, locked gun case or trunk counts, glove box or console DOES NOT. (counts as concealed weapon)

When transporting ANY firearm, it must be unloaded.  Transporting a loaded firearm is also a misdemeanor.

Importing standard capacity magazines (> 10 rounds) is also illegal.

––

Basically to be legal you have to transport it in a locked case or in your trunk, you can't load it until you get to your destination, and you can't conceal it unless you are on private property.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'll make it simple.

CCW without a permit is a misdemeanor. No they do NOT honor your AZ permit.

When transporting a "concealable firearm", i.e. handgun, it must be in a locked container, locked gun case or trunk counts, glove box or console DOES NOT. (counts as concealed weapon)

When transporting ANY firearm, it must be unloaded.  Transporting a loaded firearm is also a misdemeanor.

Importing standard capacity magazines (> 10 rounds) is also illegal.

––

Basically to be legal you have to transport it in a locked case or in your trunk, you can't load it until you get to your destination, and you can't conceal it unless you are on private property.

That's so crazy. I'll be in a hotel room for 2 and half days, probably not even worth it to try and bring it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You are allowed to have it in your hotel room, (counts as a private residence)
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#4]
please destroy the roads at the border on the way back in.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
G30 ftw - 10 round mags
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sorry Brotha I wish I could, my unit is flying us out.

I've been thinking about the gun thing more and more, I guess it wouldn't be that hard to just case it and bring it with me. I would rather have it unloaded then not have it at all. But I'm also scared to leave it in the hotel room when I'm not there. It will be 3-4 hours a day of powerpoints in the hotel dining room and then the rest of the day is mine to explore the town. And I wouldn't want to carry a case around with an empty gun in it all day.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry Brotha I wish I could, my unit is flying us out.

I've been thinking about the gun thing more and more, I guess it wouldn't be that hard to just case it and bring it with me. I would rather have it unloaded then not have it at all. But I'm also scared to leave it in the hotel room when I'm not there. It will be 3-4 hours a day of powerpoints in the hotel dining room and then the rest of the day is mine to explore the town. And I wouldn't want to carry a case around with an empty gun in it all day.

a knife or a bat or a rock is more useful than  gun locked away unloaded.  Might be good to at least have it loaded and ready at night when you are asleep in the hotel room though.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:54:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Yellow ribbon?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top