From what I saw on the billboards.. it is in the Coliseum, AKA "The Ice House"
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:22:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
From what I saw on the billboards.. it is in the Coliseum, AKA "The Ice House"

Does that mean there will be AC?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#3]
AC, if it's working, yes.  Went there once when it wasn't working...

Beyond that, for me the math doesn't work.  Last week I needed a Picatinny rail adapter for an 11mm grooved receiver to mount a FastFire sight.  It is a $10 part.  I went to at least 7 sporting goods/gun stores with no luck.  I found it on-line for $10.  It cost an additional $10 in bullshit & handling to get it to me via UPS in 5 days.  The PHX gun show would cost me $25 to get in.  IF I could find the part there, and IF it was $10 at the show It would cost me $35.

...but I will miss the smell of the crowd.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I stopped going a few years ago. The cost to park and get in offsets any good deal you MIGHT find.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I stopped going a few years ago. The cost to park and get in offsets any good deal you MIGHT find.

Absolutely, and I'm kinda sad about it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The SAR show in December is to ONE gun show that I look forward to each year. Not so much for finding deals but for the vendors in the Small Arms Review building. Cool class 3 stuff and the unique items that show up then.
Shameless plug:
I will have a table there (Dec 3,4 and 5) selling State flag camo atches and IDF improved slings.
You can check out my stuff at www.DesertPatches.com
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I will probably go check it out this time around...

Can I park off site?

Last time I went, got a pretty good deal on some 5.56 and 7.62x39.

Plus this time around I will be looking for some random AK parts (screws, sling swivel, sling, etc.) which can be a pain in the butt to find online, and not always what I am looking for.

Furthermore, I like to get a hands on encounter or try some stuff on that I am looking for that I just can't get over the internet.

ALSO, just *might* find me a cheap SKS, 870, or 500 that I have been itching for.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Isn't the SAR show at Glendale Arena this year?
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

$15 to get in
$10 to PARK ?!?!?

The only time I go anymore is if I know in advance that there is an item I will specifically buy and that I'll make up the $25 either in savings or hassle.
(usually this means buying something from J&G)
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$15 to get in
$10 to PARK ?!?!?

The only time I go anymore is if I know in advance that there is an item I will specifically buy and that I'll make up the $25 either in savings or hassle.
(usually this means buying something from J&G)

Ridiculous isn't it? Maybe if parking was free, but $15 is still stupid for an entrance fee. I'm not sure I've EVER found a deal with the hassle...
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fairgrounds according to their calendar:

http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that too, but saw a couple threads on multiple sites about it being at the arena. Bummer, would have been closer and free parking.
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that too, but saw a couple threads on multiple sites about it being at the arena. Bummer, would have been closer and free parking.

And smelled better
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 7:31:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
there is supposed to be a cross roads of the west gunshow at the glendale arena in October I believe, but it is not the Crossroads. they are testing out a new venue. I am still trying to find out the cost of parking if there is a cost at the phoenix stadium.......but I might just ride my bike there.

I don't know if they could charge for parking, they'd have to block off a lot of exits. There's still all the parking for the mall and the hockey (lol) to the north.
google maps
Link Posted: 8/29/2010 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Carpooling is a good idea.

I used to go for ammo, but anymore I just order online.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Carpooling is a good idea.

I used to go for ammo, but anymore I just order online.

+1 Even with sharing the parking fee, still generally cheaper to ship.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I dragged myself to the last show only because I had an EOtech to sell and I did not want the hassle of selling online.  Otherwise its definitely NOT worth going especially if its in the "ice house" its packed like sardines.  Sometimes I will take a "rookie" or a visitor from CA to a show so they can oohh and ahh at all the EBR's and handle a variety of types.  
It great that we have that outlet available and that its thriving in AZ but the days of deals are over, even if you are buying bulk.  With astronomical entry fees, vendors bitching about their overhead, cheap ass AR parts and accessories, pushing through packed isle ways, oh ya..and the smell.  Just support a local shop or go to Cabelas and spend the time you saved going to the range.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you gents.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 1:11:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I really hate to throw a monkey wrench into this whole thing.... But, I was talking with Clint of C3 Arms last night and he informed me that the Crossroads show this month on the 11-12 will be at the University of Phoenix/Cardinals stadium not the fairgrounds. He said that they were rolling out the grass and that the show would be on the floor of the stadium. He wasn't sure on the parking. Considering he is setting up some tables at the show, maybe he knows better then the billboard I saw. What a potential fiasco in the works here!
Step right up and hand over your money....just not to sure where to go to do so!
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 2:34:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really hate to throw a monkey wrench into this whole thing.... But, I was talking with Clint of C3 Arms last night and he informed me that the Crossroads show this month on the 11-12 will be at the University of Phoenix/Cardinals stadium not the fairgrounds. He said that they were rolling out the grass and that the show would be on the floor of the stadium. He wasn't sure on the parking. Considering he is setting up some tables at the show, maybe he knows better then the billboard I saw. What a potential fiasco in the works here!
Step right up and hand over your money....just not to sure where to go to do so!

You sure he's not mixed up with the October show? Their page was last updated on the 30th... it seems short notice to change it now.
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 4:40:07 AM EDT
[#22]
I thought the october show was the one at the stadium too. I was just posting what Clint told me last night when I was doing a transfer.
Maybe he is incorrect? I don't know...
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#23]
The Crossroads September show is at the Phoenix Fairgrounds Icehouse.  The October show is at the Glendale stadium.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#24]
if the vendors figure out obamaclypse pricing no longer applies, I might start going again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Ain't that the truth QG.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I get free passes all the time. JHave a bunch now. The red VIP ones. $12.00 to park is a little wacky but the deals alone on ammo make it worth it.
This weekend should be pretty big. Anyone selling an AR15 / AR10? I'll be looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top