Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2009 5:53:39 PM EDT
Man charged in Apache Junction bar incident
5 commentsOct. 9, 2009 03:58 PM
Associated Press
Authorities say a transient who entered an Apache Junction bar with two assault rifles and allegedly threatened to kill everyone inside has been charged with felony offenses.

Apache Junction police say 62-year-old Samuel Garrels was indicted Thursday by a Pinal County grand jury on charges of aggravated assault with a weapon, threatening and endangerment.

Police arrested Garrels on Oct. 3 after he became loud and abusive at the Jake's O Mine bar and allegedly threatened to kill the bar's security guard as he was leaving.
Witnesses say when Garrels returned to the bar, he was carrying two military-type assault rifles.

When police later arrested Garrels without incident, authorities confiscated the rifles, a number of handguns and at least 1,000 rounds of ammunition Garrels had in his vehicle.

Garrels is being held in the Pinal County Jail on $500,000 bond.

Guess the bartender didnt have a "No Guns" sign posted by his license.  Would have stopped this guy in his tracks.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2009 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
This transient?

Link Posted: 10/13/2009 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My dad told me about that.

Link Posted: 10/14/2009 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
He now has the rest of his life taken care of. He will no longer be a transient and have to scrape for existence. He will have a comfortable home, three hots and a cot, best medical/dental care there is, and it will all be on the taxpayers dime. Not sure how a "transient" has the where withall to possess two "military type assault rifles" but then I've long ago quit believing ANYTHING  I read written by a newspaper "journalist.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 10:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahhhh, Jake O' Mines!!!

LOL!!!!

I used to live a stones throw from there.  One time a good buddy of mine and I were returning from Rio Solado and were dropping off my gear at the house.  At Jake's there were about a hunderd cop cars and fire trucks surrounding the joint.

My buddy says, "What the hell is going on there???"

I replied to him, "Ah, it's Jake's.  Someone prolly just got killed.  No biggie."

LOL.....I WAS RIGHT!!!!  Hee hee....some guy from Texas came into the bar and started shit....didn't seem to realize he wasn't in Texas anymore.  He stabbed the bouncer, as I recall, for trying to boot him out.....the patrons killed his ass.   Allllll of them.

Dumb ass.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
The old guy was just trying to show the other people the rifles he was proud of.....what a bunch of tightasses for getting upset about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top