Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 11:28:45 AM EDT
also related to this AZHTF thread: What happened downtown today?

=============================================

Reprinted from NewsMax.com
www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/3/28/93445.shtml?s=icp

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:32 a.m. EST

Illegals Demand Apology From Phoenix Mayor

Organizers of last week's pro-illegal immigration rally in Phoenix are demanding an apology from Mayor Phil Gordon after he complained that their surprise demonstration had disrupted his city without notice.

Hector Yturralde, leader of the group Unidos en Arizona, issued the demand during a press conference outside City Hall on Sunday, according to the Arizona Republic.

Yturralde also demanded a meeting with Mayor Gordon, setting a deadline for 6 p.m. Wednesday.

Unidos en Arizona sponsored the protest which filled the Phoenix business district with 20,000 pro-illegal demonstrators.

Yturralde said he was irked by the Phoenix mayor's complaint that organizers had given the city no notice that the march would be so big, disrupting local business and leaving many residents stranded as demonstrators blocked streets.

"It's shameful," Gordon said hours after the march. "You can't tell us that you're going to have 2,000 or 3,000 people march on the sidewalk and then turn 20,000 or 30,000 people loose in the streets.

"That's not reasonable," he insisted. "That's not safe. Yes, you can march, but you must also obey the law and exercise good judgment. That didn't happen, and too many businesses and residents had their rights trampled on."

Phoenix Councilman Greg Stanton told the Republic that his office had been bombarded with calls and emails from local residents who were upset by the massive crowd and deadlocked traffic.

"There was frustration [from businesses] that there was no notice about shutting down the streets . . . . Customers couldn't get to them, and customers could not leave if they got there before the march began."

"The way this whole thing went down did not give Phoenix an opportunity to prepare," he complained.

The mayor's office has yet to respond to Yturralde's demand for a meeting and an apology.

=============================================

You fuckers should be ashamed of yerselves.  You are not very gracious hosts.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
"That's not reasonable," he insisted. "That's not safe. Yes, you can march, but you must also obey the law and exercise good judgment. That didn't happen, and too many businesses and residents had their rights trampled on."

Oh, the absurdity of expecting supporters of ILLEGAL immigration to obey the law.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, the absurdity of expecting supporters of ILLEGAL immigration to obey the law.

...... "unlawful aliens but otherwise lawful citizens."

What, you ain't drunk the kool-aid yet?

Jake.

P.S. I was hoping I could at least rile an answer out of you, Mac.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If by apologize you mean open fire, reload, and open fire again....

...then yes, I am ready to apologize.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#4]
we apologize for letting our "alternative lifestyle" governor thwart the attempts of rightious minded citizens to take care of this problem themselves.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
yes, I am ready to formally apologize.

I am sorry for not stealing a garbage truck and going through the protest at 80 MPH. I don't know what I was thinking
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I am sorry for not stealing a garbage truck and going through the protest at 80 MPH. I don't know what I was thinking

You were probably thinking, "I wish this thing would get up to 90"
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You were probably thinking, "I wish this thing would get up to 90"

If we could get it to [MarkM standard] 87 mph, and some random arfcommer were to give it an obligatory "+1," (for the obligatory 88 mph required for time travel) and the flux capacitor were working properly, you might could get that garbage truck to go back in time early enough to build a wall...........

ETA: I dunno; it sounded funnier in my head.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

...... "unlawful aliens but otherwise lawful citizens."

What, you ain't drunk the kool-aid yet?

Jake.

P.S. I was hoping I could at least rile an answer out of you, Mac.

You're mean.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top