Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2006 4:31:38 PM EDT
2002 excursion, 12'' Donahoe Racing lift kit, and 40x15.50 Toyo muds w/ 22' wheels!

It took me and two of my employees 2 days to finish her here at Universal Customs
(It was for my partners wife.....she was very happy)

BYE BYE!!

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Poor truck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That thing is going to eat U Joints like a stoner in a pizza parlor.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Niiiice!!  How about a pic of her getting in?  There's got to be a trick...  Ladder?  Stirrups???
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:13:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Poor truck.

+1  It's hideous!  Straight from the MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS society.

You definitely need a MULLET to go with that "Please Stare at ME, everyone!" vehicle!

ETA:  Along with the MULLET, the fake pair of testicles hanging from the trailer hitch will round out the White Trash Package to a TEE!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:56:48 AM EDT
[#5]
"Yo Mikey,
"vant us ta un-pimp thiz thing?
"let me hear you say 'vaught"?

"What"?

Time to un-pimp zee OW-toh! Ya”

Jay
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
"Yo Mikey,
"let me hear you say 'vaught".

"What"?

Jay

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow! That's a big assed mall cruiser.

Am I seeing things, or is the front driveshaft not even connected?

What happened to just using a 4" lift and 33 or 35" tires to get more ground clearance...you know, to actually make it more useful off-road?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"Yo Mikey,
"let me hear you say 'vaught".

"What"?

Jay

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
horrible waste of money.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
2002 excursion, 12'' Donahoe Racing lift kit, and 40x15.50 Toyo muds w/ 22' wheels!

It took me and two of my employees 2 days to finish her here at Universal Customs
(It was for my partners wife.....she was very happy)

I'm happy fo your partner's wife and revel in her exercise of her freedom of choice.

But damn, I just see another big assed vehicle that blocks my view of traffic, road signs, stop lights, an parking spaces.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
How much to lift a 2005 Avalanche 2"-3"?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I wish I had that here in Oki.  I'd be able to drive it like a monster truck bc of how small all the cars are here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats, you made a worthless POS an even bigger POS
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thanks...
It makes me good money, and you sir... an ass.

It must suck to go through life being a shmuck who doesnt have an imagination, or at least a skill such as ours to create what or costomers want, and cater to their likes and tastes.

But you can go about your blah lifestyle criticizing others and their creations, and wear a cloak all day because God forbid you might wear something fasionable...

...Idiot...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like a spider with rickets.

Way ghey.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#16]
higher isn't always better.

That thing is so high it's dangerous.

visibility is compromised and I'll bet the steering geometry and handling is screwed up.

what's going to happen the first time she has to take evasive action and make a quick turn?

she's going to lose control.

and parking??

forget about it.

and those rims are................not what I'd pick out.

but if that's what floats your boat, go for it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I'll try to say something positive becuase this thread is way too negative.  

While I wouldn't want a truck like that I think it would be fun to install a lift kit that big.  It's obviously just for looks but so are tons of things we spend our disrectionary income on.  Most everyone has something they spend thier money on that others think is stupid but thats the whole point of having freedom.  

You guys remind me of my crabby 80 year old grandfather.  His most famous quote is "what the hell do you want that for?"  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#18]
azhammer is going to add Nerf Bars on to our truck.  Then ill be getting a leveling kit.

I would love to lift our truck 6"-9"...

BTW:  why are you all ripping on the guys and the way he makes money.  Seems like he has a job that gives him allot of enjoyment and satisfaction.  When he finishes a job he can take a pic of it and post it on the net.  How many of you can do that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
That has got to be the coolest truck I have ever seen.
I'll bet there isn't another Ford Excursion or Super Duty in AZ with a lift kit over 3" am I right?
Oh I forgot, they all have lift kits in excess of 12" in AZ!
Phessor

PS: By the way, you do awesome work!
While not something I would have built I do know how much work goes into building one of these.
Definitely not a job for a shade tree mechanic.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#20]
... +1 for the freedom of choice, I like my lifted truck.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks guys....I do love my job, and MjRowley I'm glad be the one to work on your truck!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
... +1 for the freedom of choice, I like my lifted truck.

x11.putfile.com/3/7423205251.jpg

x11.putfile.com/3/7423210676.jpg

Winston_Wolf, VERY nicely done!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
While "Monster Trucks" are not my cup of tea, I'm glad you got a job doing what you like, few people are that lucky.

You guys should lift the company van
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks...

It must suck to go through life being a shmuck who doesnt have an imagination, or at least a skill such as ours to create what or costomers want, and cater to their likes and tastes.

But you can go about your blah lifestyle criticizing others and their creations, and wear a cloak all day because God forbid you might wear something fasionable...

...Idiot...

1. The excusrion should have never been built in the first place
2. Your a moron for building such an abomination
3. It doesnt take a lot of skill to intall a lift kit.
4. What exactly did you create? NOTHING, you used prebuilt parts. I am very impressed with your abillity to buy and isntall parts!!!
5. EAD
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:18:35 PM EDT
[#27]

4. What exactly did you create? NOTHING, you used prebuilt parts. I am very impressed with your abillity to buy and isntall parts!!!
5. EAD

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

5. EAD

LMGDFAO, the person who is named "counter-strike" is calling me a troll?

hahahaha...

Go back to your air-soft forums...

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought this was ARFCOM, not Arizonashooting.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

5. EAD

Ahh....Whats that old saying again? Everyone has an opinion, and yours is an asshole.

Okay, just this once I'll concede and say...sure some people have "ugly taste" as you might put it, but you sir have an ugly attitude

Once again, you have made your lack of intelligence apparent and thank you for gracing ARFCOM with your vast knowledge of.......NOTHING.
Anyway, I'm sure you can do this kind of work on any given day, right........
Maybe something like an 05 Nissan Titan 12'' lift. I mean after all, this stuff is easy....its all just bolt on anyways. It sure makes me wonder why people are coughing up to $1500 in labor on such a lift kit, I dont know maybe their just trying to make you look like an idiot, OR... maybe you just are.

Rant off you poor bitter man
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:37:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Lot's of people think that's cool.  Well, at least these guys do.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#33]
What the hell is wrong with those guys?

Everyone knows El Caminos are the best ones for the Power Wagon frame!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I never had Tonka toys when I was little either. VRRRROOOOOMMMMMM, VRRRROOOOOMMMMM, VRRROOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  To each his own.

AB
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Thanks guys....I do love my job, and MjRowley I'm glad be the one to work on your truck!

Thanks for the great work on our truck.  Glad we went with the black Nerf bars, they blend into the truck really well.

We will be getting a "Leveling Kit" soon from you all.

I highly recommend this shop.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the great work on our truck.  Glad we went with the black Nerf bars, they blend into the truck really well.

Thanks for the good word Mjrowley!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Pictures Mikey!

... To Hell with all these loser, sorry-sort, sand in what's left of their manigina types !!!

... Pictures bro, we need pics !!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Pictures Mikey!

... To Hell with all these loser, sorry-sort, sand in what's left of their manigina types !!!

... Pictures bro, we need pics !!!

Ill get pics tommrow.

I did not lift the truck, just put the bars on it for the wife.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#39]
If the price is right I'll have these guys put a 6" w/ 37's on my Dodge 3500 diesel....

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Trucks like this are a-dime-a-dozen in the Phoenix area. I don't get it. It is the equivalent of putting a strobe light and a 35” jeweled barrel on your AR with a buttstock Chinese-star carrier and an over-under Roman candle flamethrower. I do plenty of off-roading in my 97 Tacoma and couldn't imagine driving one of those, on or off-road. I guess it is good for cruising Mill and South Scottsdale. Word-Up G!  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Thanks...

...Idiot...

Your freudian slip is showing...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Here is the side steps installed...

Good JOB!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:31:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah that lift is way too high and very dangerous.  Not practical at all.  No offense to AZhammer, you're just doing your job and that's noble, but I would have told them it was a stupid idea.

Good luck taking turns in town.  I hope they don't off-road, although those kind of people never see dirt beyond a good rain.  I just laugh at those kind of vehicles personally.  The 80's are over.

WW, you're truck looks good, but it's lifted to a realistic height.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/tanneritekid/DSCF3004.jpg

Good JOB!!!

... nice!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/tanneritekid/DSCF3004.jpg

Good JOB!!!

... nice!

x11.putfile.com/3/7923304497.jpg

Im likeing this...

Can you lift it another 2 "?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:20:12 AM EDT
[#46]
WTF folks?  You have a right to your opinion, but if you haven't anything nice to say...

azhammer

Personally, I agree the lift is excessive, but I do appreciate good work even if I think it is in bad taste.  

Is the front differential driveshaft not hooked up, or is that just the angle of the picture?

How do you transition the new angle for the differentials?  I mean, I know U-joints will flex, but when do the joints themselves get torqued out of spec angle-wise?  Do you have to throw another shaft on, or will the stock shafts actually allow that much of a change?

I need a leveling kit on my F-150 XLT.  But I don't have (or want) a lift of any kind...  Just want the front as high as the back, LOL.  

Where is your shop at?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
WTF folks?  You have a right to your opinion, but if you haven't anything nice to say...

azhammer

Personally, I agree the lift is excessive, but I do appreciate good work even if I think it is in bad taste.  

Is the front differential driveshaft not hooked up, or is that just the angle of the picture?

How do you transition the new angle for the differentials?  I mean, I know U-joints will flex, but when do the joints themselves get torqued out of spec angle-wise?  Do you have to throw another shaft on, or will the stock shafts actually allow that much of a change?

I need a leveling kit on my F-150 XLT.  But I don't have (or want) a lift of any kind...  Just want the front as high as the back, LOL.  

Where is your shop at?

Hey Richard, Yes both drive shafts are there and the 4wd is fully functional. Both front and rear driveshafts had to be rebuilt.

What year is your truck, I'm sure there is something more we could do than just a leveling kit
Anyways...yeah we can do that and anything else you might have in mind to your pickup. We are in Mesa, on Baseline and Country Club. Just shoot me an IM, we'd love to work on your truck!

-MATT-
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Now this is a waste of money...

BWAAHAHAHAHA! .....BLING* BLING*
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Thats cool.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top