Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2006 12:59:20 PM EDT
Hello,

I use to shoot at Reddington, but it has become crowded in that area... do people even shoot at mile marker 7 anymore?  Last time I shot there a bunch of cyclists flipped us off!  

Last time I shot off of the Sonoita Highway on Empire Ranch Road, there was a really nice area to shoot.  However, there were ranchers always watching (they did not seem to care since I collect all brass for reloading and all targets came home with me).

I hate being the center of attention, so would rather not return to the aforementioned places or public ranges to plink with cousins... I like to feel free if I decide to double or triple tap.  Earlier on AR15.com some of you said that there were other areas North of Empire Ranch Road off of 83, could you please elaborate?  Is the CG park service shooting area still open?  Probably have the place all to myself on a weekday.

Any help appreciated, shoot me an email if you would rather not post.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The Casa Grande public range has been vastly improved.  It now has real berms, and has been graded.  I understand, however, that they're putting in gates to keep people from shooting after hours.  Still no rangemaster, though.  And no bathrooms.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Casa Grande range does have a port-a-john.  

azski
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks alot, I will try Casa Grande, I love going to the ranges here in Tucson, but sometimes I just want to plink.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks alot, I will try Casa Grande, I love going to the ranges here in Tucson, but sometimes I just want to plink.

You will be very satisfied.  I prefer that range to my members only range that is closer.

azski
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:07:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Are there any target restrictions other than tannerite?  I understand that what comes... goes.  Is there a fee (honor system) of some sort?  I tried to look for a website but had no luck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are there any target restrictions other than tannerite?  I understand that what comes... goes.  Is there a fee (honor system) of some sort?  I tried to look for a website but had no luck.

No fee, just clean up after yourself.

Oh, and no .50BMG, either.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey NBC_LT, do you know how to get there?

I'm thinking about going there Sunday, March 19.

azski
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top