Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 1:10:24 AM EDT
Hi all friends,

i saw the site of scootdale gun club, AZ and i would to know if somebody know it............if i should come to visit Arizona could i try to shoot with some of the guns or machinguns who they rent?

I wonder if this gunclub have a cal 500 revolver to rent too?

I send to scottsdale gun club a mail but they did not reply me about these questions

......to fulfill my dream of shoot a cal 50 rifle where could i go in arizona?

thanx all
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Bring me a bunch of those Italian made Beretta 92fs mags!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#2]
You can shoot an M2 .50 BMG machinegun @ The Scottsdale Gun Club.  I believe the S&W .50 cal is also for rent.  Lots of other machine guns to shoot/rent.  You'll like it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:40:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been a member since they opened the Club. It a very nice clean well stocked and well run club . When I have visitors to Az who haven't fired full auto  I take that them there and rent the M4 and a bunch of mags.The visitors are all a little nervous but after the crank out a couple of mags it end up being the highlight of their visits
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can shoot an M2 .50 BMG machinegun @ The Scottsdale Gun Club.  

.........but any cal 50 rifle i guess, isn'it?......
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#5]
As someone who lived in AZ and will be moving back Soon I had a verry nice time there last year when I was in town looking at realestate they do have the S&W 500 as my buddy wanted to shoot it and did . I almost definitly will end up being a member once I move the place was well run,clean,stocked + the staff was professional.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:.........but any cal 50 rifle i guess, isn'it?......

Yes.  I think.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#7]
A few years ago, before the new building, my son and I rented the M240 belt-fed machine gun
(FN-MAG 58) and it was a blast. The RO (Scott?) took us out to the dessert to shoot it and we had a great time.

If I lived in AZ I would be a member. We plan to go back next trip.

Might consider moving to AZ after kids are out of the house in a few years...

Be safe,

Flyer
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a member. They waved the initiation fee($100) for me!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I doubt the let you shoot 50 cal indoors.  I'm a member and they dont even let me shoot mil surplus 5.56.  SGC is awesome for handguns, but I never shoot rifles there.  Boooring.

The best part about SGC is watching rich people do the dumbest things imaginable with guns.  I saw a guy successfully shoot 3 9mm rounds out of a Steyr 40 before I had to go over and tell him that he was about to kill himself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#10]
This quote is taken directly from their website.

All of our shooting lanes are completely rifle capable and can be shot with any firearm that generates less than 8100 foot pounds of muzzle energy! Note: No armor piercing ammunition is allowed.

Not sure if the 50bmg falls in this category.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I doubt the let you shoot 50 cal indoors.  I'm a member and they dont even let me shoot mil surplus 5.56.  SGC is awesome for handguns, but I never shoot rifles there.  Boooring.

The best part about SGC is watching rich people do the dumbest things imaginable with guns.  I saw a guy successfully shoot 3 9mm rounds out of a Steyr 40 before I had to go over and tell him that he was about to kill himself.

They let you shoot the 50 in there.

Kind of pointless at an indoor range, and they are picky about the ammo.  But they will let you shoot it nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They let you shoot the 50 in there.

Kind of pointless at an indoor range, and they are picky about the ammo.  But they will let you shoot it nonetheless.

Remind me NOT to go there the day someone is shooting .50 cal indoors.  It is annoying enough at Rio, le alone in an enclosed place like that.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]
...................If i should came to USA and i would try a 50 cal rifle, where, in your opinion, i have to go???'....thanx
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#14]
... Ha!

... I'm visiting Italy soon, you gotta let me know where to go shooting near the Dolomites!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
... Ha!

... I'm visiting Italy soon, you gotta let me know where to go shooting near the Dolomites!

Mumble, mumble.......i'm thinking on...............i will tell you soon.....but i need to know the EXACT PLACE where you shall be.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top