Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 9:12:33 AM EDT
I'll be going there on business next month and it seems that with various activities going on at the time I'll be in town, hotel rooms are at a premium.  The only room I can get (within my agencies $ ceiling) near where my meetings are is near the airport, the Clarion to be specific.  What kind of neighborhood is this?  The only other room would be at Ina and I-10 - about 25 miles away from the meeting site. Thanks!          
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is anywhere close to the airport than the area is mostly airport parking lots, a few gas stations, fast food resturants and hotels.  Not much residential neighborhoods as far as I know.  The Motels/Hotels are full this month and the beginning of February due to the Tucson Gem and Mineral show which is one of the biggest convention type things going on down here.  Dealers set up all over the city and rent motel rooms all over town to stay in or sell out of, along with the show at the convention center or baseball spring training park and tents set up all across the valley.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:23:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The Clarion by the airport is in a light industrial and high tech manufacturing area. There's not much to do in the immediate area with the exception of a strip club across the street.  There are a few fast food and convience stores within walking distance but it is only 10 -15 minutes from downtown by car. It is not a bad neighborhood, just kinda dead at night. Hotel rooms are almost impossible to find during the gem show in February, if the room is available you should probably take it.

DDubbb

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
A relative stayed at that hotel for three nights a few months ago.
Nice place, no isues but as was mentioned, it's by the airport and not really in a neighborhood area.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys - looks like I'll go with the Clarion.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replys - looks like I'll go with the Clarion.  

It is still easy to get to stuff from the Clarion.  No matter where you are in Tucson, it will always seems to take a long time to get where you are going.  We have really long city blocks.

Desert Trails range is Valencia and Kolb, not too far from you.  Call first, his hours of ops change daily, it seems, closed Mon and Tue.

This is the time of year for conventions and conferences.  We just had our company conference at the Hilton  this past week.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top