Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 11:55:28 AM EDT
Ok, my friend bought a AR not too long ago after shooting mine.  He wants to go out next saturday and go shooting...

WHERE CAN WE SHOOT????

I live East and he lives West so where ever.  My usuall spot out East was shut down, and our spot my Miller Rd West was shut down...  I don't know where to go now.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you Phoenix folks helpless?

I see this same post once a week it seems.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Miller getting closed really hurt me, since I have a car, and that was the only road that I would be willing to take it on.  Table mesa road was fine when I drove a Lumina, but my del sol wouldn’t stand a chance on that road
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
How about you go to a range?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Take I17 north the the ben avery range.

Careful, they are NAZI's. yell at you for every lil thing!!!

OR

Take I17 north to Table mesa road, get off the freeway there and go left, then 1st right.

take that dirt road like 2-3 miles.

Find a nice spot drowning in brass and shotshells. usually on your left.

Its like the second fork.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Go in to the hills North East of  Florance, its BLM land
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:12:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I hear there's a lot of shooting going on around 25th Ave/Broadway.

AB
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:48:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to go to Table Mesa, I know spots where your car will make it just fine.  And I have Tannerite.  And I can pay for gas.  And I have Tannerite.  And I'll bring lunch.  Did I mention I have Tannerite?  

What I don't have is a DL.  But I have Tannerite.  

Lots of guns, but lots of Tannerite.

Lots of ammo to blow up Tannerite.

PM me if you want to set up a time, bro.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#8]
The new range by the Fairgrounds is really nice.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You mean the ones where the SAR show is held in Dec right?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What new range?????
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you want to go to Table Mesa, I know spots where your car will make it just fine.  And I have Tannerite.  And I can pay for gas.  And I have Tannerite.  And I'll bring lunch.  Did I mention I have Tannerite?  

I'll let you know, I talked with my friend and now he doens't know if he will be able to go this weekend, might move it to next weekend...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could be wrong but I think its a Tucson thing
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll let you know, I talked with my friend and now he doens't know if he will be able to go this weekend, might move it to next weekend...

I really wasn't inviting myself, LOL, just sounded that way.

Anyway, I-17 North to Table Mesa road, about 2 miles North of New River.  Exit West and then take the North road.  Follow it the first Y and take the right fork.  Take that to the second Y and take the left fork.  Head about a mile down that road and you hit BLM land.  Not the prettiest area to shoot thanks to the asshats who throw their garbage everywhere, but it's only about 40 minutes away and relatively safe if you get there early morning and pack it in before 1000.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Are you the Tannerite Kid?

I need Tannerite...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What new range?????

I think he means the one in Tucson...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:37:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need Tannerite...

No.  But I have done business with him and I will tell you he is a stand-up guy and is very pleasent.  I highly recommend him.

On arfcom, he is mjrowly (has a Calvin avatar that says, "Mmmm...  Tannerite.").  On azshooting.com he is actually the Tannerite Kid, same avatar.

Very good guy.  I bought 2 cases of Tannerite from him and he was nice enough to drop it off at my house for me since I can't drive.  Got a great price, too!  Again, I highly reccomend him.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:46:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I could be wrong but I think its a Tucson thing

it is in tucson, but there was nothing in the post to say he only wanted to shoot in tucson
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Go in to the hills North East of  Florance, its BLM land

+1

Some areas get quite a few quad-runners around..but after you blow the first bottle of Tannerite, you never really see them anymore.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Table Mesa Rd. is just fine if you can manage to go during the week.

However, unless you get out there at O-dark thirty or before on a weekend day, forget it. The quad/motorcylce/rail crowd has not only taken over the place but is slowly destroying as well. My shooting buddy and I went there a few weeks ago-during the week-and counted at least 12 new roads that the offroad crowd has created.

I expect the BLM or the state to close off the area to all activities except access to northern Lake Pleasant in the very near future.

BTW, we went to a common ARFCOMMER spot and there was a guy and his son or whatever and he was a fucking jerk and refused to let us shoot with them. He and the young guy had stacked up a bunch of shit (read:garbage) to shoot at and didn't want us to shoot at the stuff. We weren't interested anyway, because we wanted to shoot at things FARTHER AWAY THAN 10 YARDS . The assclown was driving a white Excursion or similar large Ford SUV and hey, dude, if you're here, FUCK YOU. I hope that you're proud that you can hit things right in front of you . I didn't argue with the fuckwad because it wasn't the wisest thing to do when we all had weapons.

BTW, I should have videotaped the amount of shit the guy had there and returned later to see if he carted it all away. Otherwise, I would have turned him in for littering.

Doesn't pay to be an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#20]
East Valley = Usery Mountain Rifle Range (Rio Salado)
South Phoenix = South Mountain (Phoenix Rod & Gun Club)
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I need Tannerite...

No.  But I have done business with him and I will tell you he is a stand-up guy and is very pleasent.  I highly recommend him.

On arfcom, he is mjrowly (has a Calvin avatar that says, "Mmmm...  Tannerite.").  On azshooting.com he is actually the Tannerite Kid, same avatar.

Very good guy.  I bought 2 cases of Tannerite from him and he was nice enough to drop it off at my house for me since I can't drive.  Got a great price, too!  Again, I highly reccomend him.  

Awe gee wizzzz.  you are to kind.  I need to order some more here sometime next week.  I'm trying to get him to make "AZ TACTICAL TANNERITE".

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:02:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Sycamore Creek.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
 I'm trying to get him to make "AZ TACTICAL TANNERITE".

A little black spray paint and an A and a Z stencil.  Paint it black, call it tactical, they'll be beating a path to your door.  Add something like 5.11 to it and you'll be rich in no time.  

But yes, I really do appreciate the great price and the delivery service.  Refreshing doing business with someone like that.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:21:42 AM EDT
[#24]
There was a place I went a few years ago just the other side of Superior.  There was a road you could take just to the east of town going north.  I think it was a road for a mine or something.  Anyway, it was up on a ridge overlooking Superior to one side and a little canyon on the other.  Found it by taking the road less traveled on the way to Rogers Trough.  Wasn't bad for the uncle's Jeep GC but my full size Dodge didn't fit quite as good.  If you are past due for some AZ pinstriping then this is the place for you.  

Jester
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

would you happen to know where I could find someone who has some tannerite to play with?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

would you happen to know where I could find someone who has some tannerite to play with?

PM mjowrley - he said he needed to get another shipment this week.  You're welcome to borrow some of mine, but I won't sell it, as it would be wrong to undercut him.  You can take some if you promise to replace it, though.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
BTW, we went to a common ARFCOMMER spot and there was a guy and his son or whatever and he was a fucking jerk and refused to let us shoot with them. He and the young guy had stacked up a bunch of shit (read:garbage) to shoot at and didn't want us to shoot at the stuff. We weren't interested anyway, because we wanted to shoot at things FARTHER AWAY THAN 10 YARDS . The assclown was driving a white Excursion or similar large Ford SUV and hey, dude, if you're here, FUCK YOU. I hope that you're proud that you can hit things right in front of you . I didn't argue with the fuckwad because it wasn't the wisest thing to do when we all had weapons.

BTW, I should have videotaped the amount of shit the guy had there and returned later to see if he carted it all away. Otherwise, I would have turned him in for littering.

Doesn't pay to be an asshole.

Turn me in huh?  Real fucking nice!  My son and I are part of a covert SEAL team, and were told to practice somewhere remote so we wouldn't be seen.  We were practicing what our team calls a "Close Flash Strike".  It's when you try to disable your opponents eyes from the flash in case you miss.  

Just kidding of course.  Yeah, last time I was out there (2 years ago) the place was flooded with ATV jerk-offs who were pissing and moaning about us shooting.  Lame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top