Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2005 3:04:43 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  Gonna make the move out to Az (Phoenix area).  I want to live close to were I plan on working (Phoenix) but also want to live close to family (in cave creek and scottsdale).  We want to live in a nice little community.  Not hick, but not thriving metropolis.  What towns are nice and quiet, and well, uh....populated with nice middle class family type people....not retired.  

thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Fountain Hills or Rio Verde would be my picks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply

Fountain Hills looks good geographically....what's it like as far as shopping, restaurants and Home Depot type stuff?
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
lots of illegals at home depot... well, most of em anyway
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing wrong with Cave Creek in my opinion.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
lots of illegals at home depot... well, most of em anyway

Hmm, didn't think of that.  So I probably wouldn't want to live too close to one huh?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
What are you looking to spend?

Will probably take at least 400k to buy anything in the North Scottsdale/Cave Creek/Fountain Hills/Rio Verde areas.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a little town left in Maricopa?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:14:45 AM EDT
[#8]
As much as I hate to suggest it, with an LEO's salary I think Anthem might do you ok.  They have both the cheaper, cookie-cutter houses and the higher-end custom homes.  Not the best area, but growing, and it seems most that live there are middle-class (real) people.  Being right off the 17 and only 10 minutes North of the Loop 101, Cave Creek and Scottsdale are only 20 and 30 minutes away, respectively, and Table Mesa road (for desert shooting) is only 15 minutes North.

Fountain Hills and Rio Verde are incredibly expensive, as is North Scottsdale.  Paradise Valley has some beautiful homes in some very well maintained areas, but their prices are skyrocketing.  If you don't mind North of the city proper, there are some nice places out about 99th Ave and Union Hills - again, right off the Loop 101 for easy access to downtown Phoenix.   In Phoenix, look at an area called Moon Valley.  I lived there on Greenway Parkway and 7th Avenue and there are some beautiful, affordable housing communities.  More than a few cops live in those houses, which helps deter bad stuff in the area.  

I work for some awsome realtors - honest and informed, if you shoot me an IM with your current information I can hook you up with several who can probably give you more details to meet your needs.  

Welcome to AZ, bro!  

Richard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top