Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 3:57:46 PM EDT
Ya know the cold weather is past when you find cute little guys like this in the driveway.
Baby Gopher Snake.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
sweet, now I can resume my "Snake Catcher Dude" duties at work
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hrm... I've always wanted to try out that "snake shot" ammo
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Not until these F'n snowbirds are in full migration!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Good looking snake, I really enjoy catching gopher snakes since often they are calm enough to hold and take pictures of.  I went hiking today trying to find some speckled rattlers but no luck.  Saw a few lizards, bunnies, and quail but thats it.

Better luck next time...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#5]
i was out at sycamore today.  i saw the head of wicked lookin snake and aced him with the glock.  when it was all over, it turns out it was a horny toad peeking out of a bush.  i felt kinda bad after that, i like the horny toads.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i was out at sycamore today.  i saw the head of wicked lookin snake and aced him with the glock.  when it was all over, it turns out it was a horny toad peeking out of a bush.  i felt kinda bad after that, i like the horny toads.

I thought Horned lizards are protected species in Arizona.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#8]
It's about time. Let the party begin.    
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It is spring indeed. Spring means ground squirrel season here in Idaho, the ground squirrels are up like a plague of locusts right no. The last two days I have put over 500 rounds through my suppressed SBR .22LR AR. About 25% kill ratio. The non-suppressed .223 upper went through 150 rounds with a similar success (or lack of success). If the wind will die down to something below 30 MPH I promise to do better. Ahh, how I love spring, death is in the air.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good thing it was a rock then.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

good thing it was a rock then.

Rocks are out of season now.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]

We have alot of gophers down here. But once the weather starts getting hot. They move North.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ya got a lot of gophers down there?

Don't get me started.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

no, just meddling outsiders
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Why don't you gopher a walk or something?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Shooting snakes for no good reason is officially asshole behavior.  Shooting lizards with a Glock is something the lowest sidehill redneck in Paulden wouldn't do.    Please refrain in the future.  Thanks.

Oh, and....

IBTTITE

(In Before The 'Take It To E-Mail')
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:48:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I never did understand why people kill things for no reason epically ones that aren’t bothering them.  If your going to eat it, or its in a place in which it poses a threat too you okay, but if its hiding then just leave it alone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#20]

here's the way I see it.

If I am crossing the desert and see a rattlesnake, I leave him alone, because it is his place.

If Ipitch a tent i nteh desert, and see a rattlesnake in the campsite, I kill him. I own that land while I am there.

Same thing at my house. If Isee a non-poisonous creature, he gets a pass. If Isee a poisonous one, he dies. It is my house/property, not his. By killing him, the non-poisonous creatures have more to eat, and might even become the dominant ones.

If it bites, stings or chews, it dies if it is in my 'home' or property that is under my control.

Natural selection.

TRG

Well put and I agree.  If its not in your way leave it be.
Top Top