BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/10/2005 11:14:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Some mods just don't know when to give it a rest.

Expiration Notice:
Your Team Contribution benefits have expired and your account will be downgraded within the next 30 days. If you feel this is in error, please contact the webmaster as soon as possible.

For information on Team Contributions and payment options, click here.  
Membership Level:
Bronze Member  
Membership Expires:
1/3/2005  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
You had better be shitting me.  

I was saving for one.

If this has any truth, I am out of here.

What a waste.  

And no, I'm not kidding.  WTF is going on?  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To our valued customers, friends, and colleagues,

Due to recent policy decisions by AR15.com site staff and moderators, we will no longer be actively participating on the forums.

Those of you who have placed orders for SEBRs, they will be filled as quickly as possible.  

If you would like to place an order or have questions regarding the status of your order please call us at 480-833-9685.

The Cavalry Arms Staff members will no longer be posting on AR15.com in an official capacity.  For technical questions and support please call or e-mail us.

If you have any questions regarding this decision feel free to e-mail us at [email protected]

I'm sorry to  hear that. You guys are a huge part of this forum... I definitely appreciate your views and support your decision. I am not renewing my membership this week, as I had previously considered. Thanks for all of your help and updates on local happenings SR and Cavalry crew.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I just joined this site and now I really feel like I've been cheated...........

Very sad......
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:30:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Fucking weak...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#6]

I don't blame you guys.

In fact, I respect you guys even more.

Innocent-Bystander hit it square on the head: "Some mods just don't know when to give it a rest."

FM.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#7]
what were the "policy decisions "?

What happened??

sorry to see you leave.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What happened??

sorry to see you leave.

Chris

Pick any locked thread in the AZ-HTF.

I wonder if anyones surprised at how we (AZ crew) come together to support our own. I think it's time to clean out the Mod woodshed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What happened??

sorry to see you leave.

Chris

Pick any locked thread in the AZ-HTF.

I wonder if anyones surprised at how we (AZ crew) come together to support our own. I think it's time to clean out the Mod woodshed.

You know, I was staying quiet on this because it'd Ed's choice regarding what language he wants at this site.  His house, his rules-- I completely respect his right to run his site as he sees fit.  It's then incumbent upon me to either respectably follow the rules or to leave his site.

But there WAS and IS value to a discussion of lights and lighting methods.  I live in an unincorporated area of Pinal County with one specially simmed streetlight per street as per HOA regs.  Frankly, the discussion of lighting goes well beyond "tactical" or weapons attachments-- it helps me in my everyday life just wandering around my neighborhood.  Also, it would be nice to be able to discuss the defensive techniques that can be used with a flashlight as we DO have coyotes (the four legged variety) in the area and a few rabid ones have turned up as of late.

If this thread would have popped up in the general discussion forum, a LOT more posts would have come up joking about bonking people over the head, jokes about skulls splitting, etc. and nothing would have occurred.  

I am very disappointed that this thread was locked- frankly, trying to get any sort of information about lighting is very hard because there are very FEW experts in the matter.  The other option is to speak with a dealer-- and they're often biased toward the model that has the biggest profit margin.

The lighting thread was needlessly killed.  I ask that you please reopen it and allow our discussion to continue.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#10]
not sure I agree with the reason for leaving. but I wasn't involved with any of that.

good luck with the move. sorry to see them leave.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
not sure I agree with the reason for leaving. but I wasn't involved with any of that.

Chris

They Banned the owner of the company from this forum, there isnt anything to agree with the actions of Aimless and Thebeekeeper1 forced this.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

They Banned the owner of the company from this forum, there isnt anything to agree with the actions of Aimless and Thebeekeeper1 forced this.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#16]

This is the most pathetic display of childish behavior I've ever witnessed from "adults".

I wholeheartedly agree.......the mods responsible should be ashamed.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

This is the most pathetic display of childish behavior I've ever witnessed from "adults".

+ eleventy billion
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Just a nice way of ARFCOM giving back to its life blood. Banning an Industry partner goes quite far in showing this community how much appreciation staff has for them. Pretty damn sad state of affairs, for sure.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Your destroying The mods destroyed this forum over a fucking word.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Your destroying this forum over a fucking word

Thats odd.......the only people using THE WORD are mods......
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#22]
What's funny is good industry partner gets banned over a fucking word, but in other cases like Georgia Precision, they keep fucking one customer after another and absolutely nothing happens.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the actions of Aimless and Thebeekeeper1 forced this.

No they didn't. They were doing what the owners of this site asked them to do.
The people here who think this is their own private playground and chose to ignore Ed's requests are the ones who brought this situation on.
Your destroying this forum over a fucking word.

Exactly what word is it that caused THIS thread to be locked?

Or THIS one?

This has gone WAAAAAY beyond simply banning the "T-word" and now ya'll are banning any discussions involving the use of flashlights as batons and now even banning questions over the ever-expanding vague criteria for lockings and bannings taking place.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What's funny is good industry partner gets banned over a fucking word, but in other cases like Georgia Precision, they keep fucking one customer after another and absolutely nothing happens.

Wow... GOOD point!!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the actions of Aimless and Thebeekeeper1 forced this.

No they didn't. They were doing what the owners of this site asked them to do.
The people here who think this is their own private playground and chose to ignore Ed's requests are the ones who brought this situation on.
Your destroying this forum over a fucking word.

Hmmmmmmm, some would say the opposite is true.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Let's talk about something educational..........

The organs on the honey bee are almost entirely internal.

The reproductive organs are only developed in the drone and queen. They are present in the worker bee, but small in size.

That is todays lesson boys and girls

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#27]
It's not the word that's at issue anymore..It's how the mods and staff have been treating this situation. It really has nothing to do with the word now... But, it looks like it's on! Look what the mods and staff have done. The shit has hit the fan and I can only see it getting worse... TBK1 has stated many times how much he has loved this site.. Watch, I give it less than a year and there won't be a site if it continues like this..But, that's just my prediction and I don't even own a crystal ball...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#29]

This place is getting more and more tragic by the minute.

I'm starting to like the "old" AR15.com a bit more than this one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#31]
reading Eds post on the subject. it did say people would be banned. and from some of the other threads begged for it. (reguardless of the reasonings, the owner asked politely.)

Ed said he'd ban anyone who posted the word and stood by what he said.

Like I said, I have no leg in the fight, but it seems the mods did what the owner asked.

sorry to see the owner got banned, but the warnings were there that it was going to happen, they were not only unheeded, the uses of it were ratcheted up.

what choice did the mods really have?

JMHO, take it as you will.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow... GOOD point!!!

+84
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:29:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn.....look at all the out of staters showing up to tell us all how bad we are.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I asked this in another thread and like I said there, maybe I'm just slow (you know how we are down here), but what in this post was so bad is got a site sponsor ( and I thought a friend of the site) banned?

Quoted:
Ok...

Let me get this straight... We can "Wax Poetic" about which bullet kills a man the best and what reticule is best to use when shooting at people...but if we talk about what flashlight works best for both illumination and as a mêlée weapon...well then we've crossed the line...WTF!?!?!? That actually was a reasonable/legitimate question for this web site. If I am going to carry a large flashlight in my car, it’s going to be dual purpose. What about the new features for all the sure fire flashlights? You know the meat tenderizer/cookie cutter looking stuff they put around the bezel so when you strike someone with it, you mangle their faces? No one on this sight seems to have a problem with vendors selling them in EE…

ASP Baton w/ Flashlight

I make and sell products that have killed/maimed the enemies of this country and it’s people (foreign and domestic). I am proud of that and hope that our Tel-Stocks dent skulls & break jaws better then any other on the market (and this has been field tested in Iraq, Afghanistan and by LEOs in this country).

Please lock/ban/flame as you see fit...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Although there has been some posts that seem to purposely be near the line, I strongly believe the actions and words of BK1 caused most of the uproar from the AZ group.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is being dealt with.

Whatever....

It still makes no f'ing sense.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps, but I'd think the staff here would be a lot more concerned with an idustry partner fucking their customers than an industry partner that doesn't agree with some discussions being banned. That was taken care of instantly, but Georgia Precision has been screwing people for months.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Although there has been some posts that seem to purposely be near the line, I strongly believe the actions and words of BK1 caused most of the uproar from the AZ group.

True..........the issue was far from forgotten but in another week it probably would have been for the most part.

But no........the hall monitor control freaks had to play Goderator.

I guess always getting picked last for Dodge Ball really does have a lasting effect on the weak......
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:35:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps, but I'd think the staff here would be a lot more concerned with an idustry partner fucking their customers than an industry partner that doesn't agree with some discussions being banned. That was taken care of instantly, but Georgia Precision has been screwing people for months.

screwing people = OK
using offensive terms != OK

Got it?
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Damn.....look at all the out of staters showing up to tell us all how bad we are.

Shut up SPECTRE...They have a right to be here just like we do THEIR forum and shit all over it with our useless and unwanted opinions!

Plus, you're typing like......words and stuff..You KNOW they'll be banned someday...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:40:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
reading Eds post on the subject. it did say people would be banned. and from some of the other threads begged for it. (reguardless of the reasonings, the owner asked politely.)

Like I said, I have no leg in the fight, but it seems the mods did what the owner asked.

sorry to see the owner got banned, but the warnings were there that it was going to happen, they were not only unheeded, the uses of it were ratcheted up.

HE DIDNT USE ANY OF THE BANNED WORDS GO READ THE THREAD HERE ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=13&t=191383
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:41:07 PM EDT
[#43]
This blows.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shut up SPECTRE...They have a right to be here just like we do THEIR forum and shit all over it with our useless and unwanted opinions!

Plus, you're typing like......words and stuff..You KNOW they'll be banned someday...

We're invaded by illegals in our state and carpetbaggers in our forum.
TO ARMS !!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your destroying this forum over a fucking word

Thats odd.......the only people using THE WORD are mods......

If it wasn't posted anymore after the initial dust up..none of this would be happening would it?
Along with all the newly aquired maglite avatar's and posts about what sound a flashlight makes when you hit someone,etc,etc.
It's called stirring the pot, shit disturbing,etc.
If everyone had dropped this and moved on..would we be where we are now? No.
You can't tell me that the authors of those threads and all the people with maglight avatars didn't know what they where doing.
Instead of trying to blame all this on TBK1 and Aimless how about stepping up to the plate and admitting that's what you where doing by changing your avatars and discussing which size flashlight is better for cracking skulls.
This isn't directed at you alone Biggame.

Boy, I've gotta keep copying and pasting my comments because they're so applicable to every one of you that stick your nose into this..

You just don't get it do you? I held out hope that you were just slow, but no, you're just freakin' dense.

The original use of the word TONK described specific individual(s). It was used in the context of a racial slur (or percieved that way by some). The use of the word TONK when discribing individuals was recognized as a distasteful thing on ARFCOM. Since the initial infraction, I'd be suprised if you could find another post where the word TONK was used to describe an individual, race, ethnicity, religion or culture.

Guess what? "TONK" is the sound made when hitting a metal pipe against something solid. "TONK" is the sound made when hitting rocks with a whiffle ball bat. "TONK" is the sound of the AZ crew membership numbers dropping in the shitter because of your (and others) heavy handed, micro-managing, oversensitive, premature ejaculatory locking and banning.

Plain and simple fact.

And so far I havn't seen anyone produce a derogatory reference using the word TONK since the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Chris

Damn snowbirds never know what their talking about. I don't think this is the first time he's piped in on our forum.

That's weird, I guess everybody elses own hometown forums are so boring they come in ours for action. I don't think I ever go in other hometowns.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Hopefully its not to late for all to make ammends.

Hell Cavarms has been disrespected by the staff here bigtime IMO. They are a great bunch of people who supported this site and are shown the door over some petty bullshit micromanagement.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#48]

We're invaded by illegals in our state and carpetbaggers in our forum.
TO ARMS !!!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

Damn snowbirds never know what their talking about. I don't think this is the first time he's piped in on our forum.
That's weird, I guess everybody elses own hometown forums are so boring they come in ours for action. I don't think I ever go in other hometowns.

I think this is the part that's causing most of the problem at this juncture....... this isn't "your" forum.

It's the Avilas
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top