Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 7:51:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It was a pretty interesting story about 50cal BMG rifles and how the government wants to regulate and keep tabs on the sales of these firearms.  Nice interview with Mr. Barrett.

What did MR. Barrnet have to say?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a chance to see it. It was with him and some guy against the 50 Cals. It was an interesting story though.

I didn't know about it until 60 Minutes was starting. I tried to post a message here in the this forum and the GD forum but was probably too late since it was the very first story they ran tonight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Tom Diaz is such a wretched piece of shit I want to vomit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have TV.  Did 60 Minutes spin it with the tired old Evil Military Gun That No Citizen Needs To Own?

Were they semi fair minded?  Flat out full of shyte??
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
They were semi fair I guess.

They at least interviewed Barret as well as the anti gunner. But they still pulled the evil military weapon that no one should have bit
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if  ANYONE has EVER been arrested using a $9,000 Barrett .50 in the comission of a crime??? What a joke
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm surprised they were even semi fair.  Wish I could have heard what Barret had to say.  He seems like an interesting and intelligent character.

Nope.  I don't think anyone has yet to commit a crime with a .50.  Correct me if I am wrong.  

I would imagine it would not stop the basic anti firearm rhetoric coming from 60 Min.  The Fear Card is a big one these days.  

Dang.  We are about regulated to death as it is these days.  I am begining to believe that we should negate all law and start over using the Founding Fathers original documents...
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I wonder if  ANYONE has EVER been arrested using a $9,000 Barrett .50 in the comission of a crime??? What a joke

Thats not the argument they were using.

They were saying it should be banned because someone might try and perform a terrorist act like shooting down a plane.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:17:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not the argument they were using.

They were saying it should be banned because someone might try and perform a terrorist act like shooting down a plane.

Which would also be a "Crime" right??? Has that ever happened? Nope.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 12:45:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw the segment it was awesome, although the media is not worth a shit, they only put fear in people and express the negative. Even Ronnie Barrett said that ANY weapon in the hands of a terrorist is dangerous. One point that was important was that except for some designs made at the Springfield armory most guns have been designed by civilians....without ingeniuos minds and savvy businessmen you could not make innovative products...
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:03:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey, I was just giving you their argument...Don't shoot the messenger
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:36:29 AM EDT
[#12]
This is why Barrett will always have a special place in my heart.
It's a PDF file, and was acting a little slow, but once it all loads up, it's a worth while read.

I wonder if the Barrett LAPD sent back to be worked on was ever wworked on.

www.barrettrifles.com/news/AmericanRiflemanJan-2005BrattonLetter.pdf

Jay
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:46:30 AM EDT
[#13]
For those that missed the show as I did. Here is a little overview. Sounds a little one sided to me. Obviously they (CBS) want these things gone.

www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/01/06/60minutes/main665257.shtml
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top