Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 7:50:26 PM EDT
Can any of you reccomend an HVAC guy?

I just bought a free standing AC unit for my garage.
I need someone to cut a hole thru the garage wall for the inlet and outlet of the unit.
Also need the controller hooked up, the 220 is already hooked up.
Then test function of the unit after hook up.

Im in Chandler.

Also need an annual check-up on my house unit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There is an Az HVAC guy on here somewhere,  cannot recall the name.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Talk to Carbine10, I believe HVAC is his game. Not to mention hes a stand-up guy.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]
What size unit did you use.  I had my garage insulated when the house was built so I can put a seperate unit in the garage.  I was looking at some with flexible ducting that require a small dryer sized vent.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#4]
IM sent
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I thought an AZ member was an AC tech.

I dont remember the size, it is plenty big for my garage though.  I got it thru a company that bought a bunch for a job then didnt need them all.

It is a free standing unit about half the width of a refrigerator, it has a plenum on the bottom and one above that for push and pull.  I plan to dump the airflow right into one side of the room not run any ducting around the garage.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks, I thought an AZ member was an AC tech.

I dont remember the size, it is plenty big for my garage though.  I got it thru a company that bought a bunch for a job then didnt need them all.

It is a free standing unit about half the width of a refrigerator, it has a plenum on the bottom and one above that for push and pull.  I plan to dump the airflow right into one side of the room not run any ducting around the garage.

As a bit of warning, it's important to properly size an HVAC unit for the task at hand.  If you don't, you'll stress the unit - even if you have too big a system.  It's a waste of energy, so you'll probably end up using more power than if you had a properly sized system.  In a garage or workshop, I'd recomend a spot cooler - don't try to cool the whole space, just cool you.

But since you already have a system... I'd probably just find someone to install if for you.

IM me if you need a name.  I work for a coil manufacturer, so I know the industry, but I don't really know many local HVAC guys.  I'm usually working on bigger stuff - you don't replace coils in residential units (the unit is just too cheap to worry about it), so I don't have much experience with the 'little guys'.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Kuhlewulf                                                                                                                                                                                            How many square feet is your garage?

You need A/C help?

Just give me a IM/E Mail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top