Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 9:54:12 AM EDT
I just called jensens on Prince rd. (indoor range jensens) and asked if they had any 13 round Glock 23 mags.  she of course said "no, we dont have any high caps in stock"  I of course replied "what about your LEO mags that are now legal to sell to regular citizens?"  and I get the reply: "Oh, we're not letting go of those just yet"  
WTF guys? get an effing clue.  Murphy's on the other hand says that they just ordered a pile of them and they should be in within the next few days.
guess I know who I'll be buying stuff from
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Where is Murphy's?   I'd like to do business with someone like that.   Screw the others, time we rewarded shops with good ethics.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't blame J-Mart.  The ATF has decided if a mag is stamped "FOR MILITARY/ LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY" you still can't use it.

Murphy's is at Country Club and Ft. Lowell.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The ATF has decided if a mag is stamped "FOR MILITARY/ LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY" you still can't use it.

Q: Are Semiautomatic Assault Weapons (SAWs) and Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Devices (LCAFDs) marked “Restricted law enforcement/government use only” or “For export only” legal to sell to civilians in the United States?

A: Yes. SAWs and LCAFDs are no longer prohibited. Therefore firearms with the restrictive markings are legal to transfer to civilians in the United States and it will be legal for non-prohibited civilians to possess them. All civilians may possess LCAFDs.

More here

You might also want to read here
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I can't blame J-Mart.  The ATF has decided if a mag is stamped "FOR MILITARY/ LAW ENFORCEMENT USE ONLY" you still can't use it.

You gotta love people who speak without knowing what the hell they are talking about.    

Really, man, read up before you go spouting any more disinformation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

STFU NOOB!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

LIES ALL LIES!!!!!

anyway, my copy of the
"Changes in federal law as of september 13, 2004 relating to semiautomatic assault weapons (saw's) and large capacity ammunition feeding devices (lcafd's)"
that I got from the BATFE website says that they are okie dokie in the 3rd paragraph.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Ranger_SXT is wrong!

www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.pdf

Read the third paragraph.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuckin-A.  You don't have to make it personal.  I'm just  replying with the information that  I have. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Frickin' airsofter.

Go back to your Tacpoint.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Try Diamond Back Police Supply off Kolb and Broadway.

They had a bunch of pistol mags when I was there yesterday.

there out of glock 17's thu.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#12]
yeah too bad the G17 mags dont work for me, oh well.  

and by the way WILL YOU KIDS JUST GET ALONG?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I think a lot of what you are see is based on the size of the company. Each place set policies that they follow. smaller dealers can cange the policy at their will where somewhere bigger has to wait for someone higher up to spread his policies down. You have to expect some cover your butt tactics being employed for the first month.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think a lot of what you are see is based on the size of the company. Each place set policies that they follow. smaller dealers can cange the policy at their will where somewhere bigger has to wait for someone higher up to spread his policies down. You have to expect some cover your butt tactics being employed for the first month.

nah its just jensons being greedy as usual trying to see how much they can stick it to people who dont know any better.

Its there right to do it and its my right not to shop there.

Theres alot better gunshops in Tucson IMHO

Murphys,West of the pecos and Diamond Back police supply just to name a few.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top