Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 8:40:39 PM EDT
Former #2 at LVMPD Steve Waugh is now radio unit #1 in Yavapai County.
Very pro active, and will continue to sign off on class III stuff.

We got who we wanted,,, now we'll see if we want what were gonna get.

One anti cop board of supervisor gone (Bye Lorna [finger]),,, the other anti ran un opposed, so 2 new BOS's, one is former Arizona Treasurer Carol Springer.

Hopefully, the 2 new ones will nulify the anti POS.

Plus, I got an outstanding on my yearly eval:
Should translate to about +8% in my pay  

Very hopeful of the future.

Hell, I might even go to the polls in November:
O.K. ,,,,, let's not go over board.

See everyone next tuesday.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]

We got who we wanted,,,

Like the guy that makes his prisoners wear pink underwear and eat bologna and live in hot assed tents in the desert?

gotta love a cop like that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Like the guy that makes his prisoners wear pink underwear and eat bologna and live in hot assed tents in the desert?

Yeah, especially when he does it to folks who are in pre-trial detention, which is what makes up a lot of county jail population.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, especially when he does it to folks who are in pre-trial detention, which is what makes up a lot of county jail population.

Yeah.  Those folks are all there by mistake, I'm sure!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not the point.

Innocent UNTIL proven guilty.

Or, do we prefer the BATFE method of guilty until proven innocent?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
More attrocities by the evil Republicans!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:50:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

We got who we wanted,,,

Joe is a dick to the 'enth degree.
Very few of his people like him.
Maybe he should make them wear pink underwear as well.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#7]

unless i misunderstood, Joe is pretty anti gun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
unless i misunderstood, Joe is pretty anti gun.

You misunderstood.  I was torn between Saban and Arpaio.  So I just put aside the rhetoric and voted for Arpaio based on my personal experience.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Fair enough.  I'll stand corrected.  It was a pretty old piece of interview I thought I recalled.  Being down here in the liberal-like Tucson, I don't get too much on those issues either.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not the point.

Innocent UNTIL proven guilty.

Or, do we prefer the BATFE method of guilty until proven innocent?

Mike

Darn straight.

Innocent UNTIL  proven guilty.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#11]
WIMPS!  I wonder how you'd feel if it was you that was victimized by these roaches.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
WIMPS!  I wonder how you'd feel if it was you that was victimized by these roaches.

i wonder how you'd feel if you were innocent of a crime and put in the same conditions as them?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Amazing the number of "fair weather" constitutionalists there are when it affects them.  If not, then f**k them all, right?

Just as bad as the liberals, who see that pesky Second Amendment as an anathema to our Modern Way of Life...that surely the Founding Fathers couldn't have imagined M-16's and such...so why NOT interpret it in a way that makes us safer....

First Amendment? No...can't touch that...it's inviolate.  The Founding Fathers were ADAMANT that "Congress shall make no law" and "separation of Church and state" and all that.

And I see the same damn thing when it comes to the "law and order" types...if they're in jail, they must have done something to be there.

No, LEO's never make shit up or make mistakes, right?  I mean, people never wrongly get sent to prison or jail...yet we've seen that very thing happen here in Arizona numerous times.

Our form of jurisprudence is based on the presumption of innocence, not Napoleonic law as it seems some of you hold/wish.  Just remember, that you should be careful what you wish for...you might just get it.

Got a stray .22 casing (empty) in your car and go into Mexico? oops...you're fucked.  No ill intent, though, so you shouldn't be in prison South of the border...but you are because of their Guilty until proven Innocent system.

Whether you like it or not, these folks deserve the exact same presumption of innocence you or I would if we'd purchased a post-ban that someone had installed the wrong type of muzzle brake (until the 14th, at least).  Because it you are not willing to make sure the system works for vermin like robbers and rapists, then you don't deserve the system to work for you if you're ever involved in it.

The BOR applies to everyone, or it applies to no one.  Sorry, it's not an a la carte choice.

TimW
Phoenix
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#14]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top