Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 4:42:45 PM EDT
Machine Guns Kelly's has been sold and is under new management.  The store sucks now.    Any other choices besides Sportsmans Warehouse?
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...the guys (and gal) at Lone Wolf Trading are great, customer service-wise, but their prices rank only OK.
Though I haven't actually dealt with them yet, the Scottsdale Gun Center, when I went in there, had GREAT prices. Might want to give them a go, or Lone Wolf.

ETA: DO NOT confuse Scottsdale Gun Center with Scottsdale Gun Club. Two distinctly different buisnesses.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I second Scottsdale Gun Center.  I've bought two guns from them and they beat anybody's price.

Talk to Steve, he's a hoot to deal with!

BTW, Steve used to own Machine Guns Kelly's.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
what  happened to machine  gun kelly's?

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Kelly's got sold about a month ago.  The same two guys that worked for old owner Marc are still there.  The new owner have not completely taken over so until they do they will not order any new inventory.  As far as how good the "new" store will be remains to be seen.

Steve over at SGC told me that he is opening up another store on the west side so he can cover both ends of the valley, he did not tell me when this is going to happen.  I don't know if this will affect his prices since he is doubling his overhead by doing this.  It might not affect  the prices at all since this means he will buying twice the inventory getting a better deal from the distributors.  Who knows.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:33:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Sportsmans Warehouse has good prices. I like Randall's and Bear Arms alot. Havent been to the Scottsdale Gun Center though. And stay away from the Scottsdale Gun Club if you arent a millionaire!!!

Rob
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I forgot about Bear Arms in Scottsdale. They're worth a look also.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well...the guys (and gal) at Lone Wolf Trading are great, customer service-wise, but their prices rank only OK.

Actually the girl there is the only good costomer service they have, she's very helpful, everyone else stands around looking like they hate you untill they see your wallet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]

For North Phoenix Sportsmans Warehouse on 27th Ave. in front of Costco parking lot. That's HWY 101 exit South on 27th Ave.

Another is Arizona Sportsmans at Bell and Cavecreek Rd. Northwest corner. Arizona Sportsmans has come down on there prices to compete with Sportsmans Warehouse.

If your shopping for lowest prices then go to Steve at Scottsdale Gun Center. Located on East side of Scottsdale Rd. just South of Thomas Rd.

If you want an AR then go to Cav Arms  or  Ameetec for AR lowers in Mesa. If you want a FNFAL go see AZEXARMS in Mesa next door to Cav Arms.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]
That sucks about Machine Gun Kelly's.  I'm glad I got my Sig when I did.  They were real cool and willing to deal on a trade in.

Lone Wolf does have some stuffy people who work there.  The girl is nice as you said.  Another place I'm not real fond of is Bear Arms.  For some reason they seem fitting in Scottsdale.  A certain air about them I don't like.  I've noticed though, that so many people who work in the Firearms section at stores (or all the staff when it's just a gun store) are pretty pissy.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I really wish Marc the best with the sale of MGK.   I hope the new guy does well.   Marc inherited a bunch of BS when got the store and did a pretty good job.  Craig and Count work pretty hard and are valued in the phoenix gun community.  
I see the gun club getting bashed and I think that's a shame.  They aren't out to be the cheapest.  They can't.   Those guys work hard as well and it's not like they have an easier job.  
Anyway.  I can't say anything bad about Sportsman's warehouse or MGK.  They both seem to be pretty good shops.  

-luke
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually the girl there is the only good costomer service they have, she's very helpful, everyone else stands around looking like they hate you untill they see your wallet.

Man, I have TOTALLY found that to be true!  I have bought 2 guns there, and there WON'T be a 3rd!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top