Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 4:04:09 PM EDT
… Some of you guys have asked me before. However, it’s been really difficult to get private tours post 9/11. So here’s a chance.

… This Saturday (11:00 AM – 1:00 PM) is Boeing – Rotorcraft open house and I could take a few folks through a tour if you’re interested.

… It’s a chance to see how/where military fighter aircraft are designed and built. See manufacturing facilities, cannon assemblies, airframe assembly line, composite labs and engineering advanced development center. See some models of future military aircraft we’re working on,.

… I can’t take a huge crowd (maybe 5 or so folks) but if you’re interested let me know. Perhaps we could grab breakfast first and head out for a couple hours.

… Lemme know!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Myself + 1? Sent an you an "IM".
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#2]
IM SO THERE!

Edit to add, dad committed too if theres room.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Ann and I would really be interested.
No cameras, right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
... OK folks, you're all in. But I'm gonna have to cut it off here, I'm not sure they'll believe you are all my cousins, nieces and nephews.

... True. No cameras, recording devices, laptops, weapons or PDA's. There will be an opportunity to have your picture taken in front of an Apache if you want.
There will be drinks and some food but it's best we meet for breakfast beforehand for some real food. Location TBD when we all agree on the meeting place.

... I just got back from a blind date, so in addition to those above, she may come along too.

... I think you'll like it, even though it's open three hours, I think we can keep it down to two. they do have a Company store if you so decide to get a shirt or something like that stuff with the logo or aircraft on it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#5]
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't fucking believe you didnt call me Win....

You know I'm a "rotary retard" to the 10th power.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you reschedule that open house?

The Colorado group is having a 'shoot' this saturday.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:58:56 PM EDT
[#8]

My bro-inlaw works there.

Say hi to Marc for me.

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:35:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Dammit, always a day late!!! Hey Wolf, let me know if someone cancels.....

Thankyou, Rob
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 6:09:38 AM EDT
[#10]
... OK. We'll meet in Mesa near Val Vista and the 60 Freeway (several decent restaurants near there) at 9:30 AM 8:45 AM this Saturday 10/25 for breakfast. We'll depart from there no later than 10:45 AM 9:45 AM. . So if you're not meeting for a bite, be there by time we leave.

... I'll IM the place to those that wanted to go.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Winston, do you work there?

Rob
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Winston, do you work there?

Rob

Uhhh YEAH!
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Your guys are really going to enjoy the tour. I went on a company sponsored tour through the Boeing Mesa facility a couple of months ago. One of the area's I enjoyed most was seeing the aircraft that were sent in for R&O. Some of these birds had taken a serious beating and still got the crew home safely.

You guys will have fun, wish I could make it again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
... OK. We'll meet in Mesa near Val Vista and the 60 Freeway (several decent restaurants near there) at 9:30 AM this Saturday 10/25 for breakfast. We'll depart from there no later than 10:45 AM. So if you're not meeting for a bite, be there by time we leave.

... I'll IM the place to those that wanted to go.

Thats cool I live @ Val Vista and Broadway. Let me know where.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#15]
... Alrighty then!

... I moved the meeting up an hour after I found out the doors open at 10:00AM (meet at restaurant @ 8:45AM

... I sent an agenda to those that wanted in.

... IM me if I missed you
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#16]
hey winston,

Make sure you keep them off the flight line.

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
hey winston,

Make sure you keep them off the flight line.

members.cox.net/randy3gun/Aug045.jpg

... hehe, we got "resources" that ensure that part. No, I'm not a bit concerned, other than the fact of BS'ing our way in by virtue of the fact I have to convince we're all "family".

... I'll get'cha in. If anyone else wants to go please IM me tonight.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Winston,

I'd love to go, but have to work in the morning.. I haven't been in there since like '87. Maybe next time; maybe you can get a tour for Derek and myself sometime in the near future.

Here is some footage of the Apache over in the real Afganistan from this month.... both are the same just different res.

www.warriorswithwrenches.com/apache1.wmv this one runs ~10 meg

www.warriorswithwrenches.com/apache2.wmv this one runs ~52 meg

enjoy...
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Here is some footage of the Apache over in the real Afganistan from this month...

... Thanks! I've not seen that before. My only problem with it was that for the most part those Hydra-70 rockets missed their targets!
So much for the legacy "A" model. I'm a Longbow guy myself.

... We'll have fun though, you guys can catch the next one if you can't make it tomorrow.

... Been working there 21 years now, and they still give me Goosebumps.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#20]
I cant sleep I am to excited!!!!!! I am gonna be dead tired tomorrow..... I have to work all night..

Rob
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#21]

How was the tour?

I would of loved to have gone. But I was suppost to go to work, which I ended up not working.

This may had been a good thing though.

I had to go out to my work van to get a phone number. I stepped outside and my downstairs neighbors two year old son was outside by himself. He even had the keys to their jeep and was trying to unlock the door. So I had to bang on my neighbors door to wake them up to take their son back in.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks again Winston, I had a great time.  Its was nice to get out again, see some familiar faces and meet a couple new ones.  Sometime in December we need to get together for lunch or dinner again somewhere.  What ever happened to that idea?

Steve

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Winston I had an awesome time, thankyou very much. It was great to finally put some faces to the names...

Everyone, it was great to meet you! I hope to hang out alot more in the future.....

Rob
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

... How was the tour?

... I thought it went quite well. I believe there were ten of us.
We started out with a nice breakfast which was great to meet some folks as well visit with friends. Was well paced and everyone behaved except me .

... Glad you guys and gals enjoyed it, I like "showing off" from time to time.

... Thanks all for making it an enjoyable time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#25]
LOLOL i was gonna post and ask if someone could grab me a shirt while there, but then i noticed the dates on the posts...hehe a little late.  Anyone know where i can get one after the fact?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks again, Mr Wolf.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top