Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 8:15:33 PM EDT
I have been hearing on 550 Kfyi's news this weekend that this group is pushing for the renewal of the assault weapons ban in 2004.

http://www.azgs.org/index.html

I am tired of just siting on the side while wacos like this try to take our guns away from us.  Is there a group called "Arizonans for Assault Weapons"?  If not i say we sould start one.  Im being dead serious.  Im tired of this crap.  Im also worried that with our Gov.  It will only get worse for our gun rights.  Any one have any ideas?  What about you "Cav Arms" guys?

Mike "The Tannerite Kidd" Rowley
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for the Cav Arms guys but personally I'm too busy paying my bills, utilities, taxes and living expenses to be politically active against some group of choads who's "opinion" really doesn't hold much sway in this state.

Except with Yuppie Starbucks-swilling dickheads and Hippy assholes in Tempe.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I realy hope that they do not hold much power, I  really don't.  It just worries me to see the "Anti-Gun" people in the news but not a "Pro- Gun" group.  Kfyi usually has a "Pro-Gun" news room. I really hope that we will not lose our rights by us doing our everyday stuff. Oh, yes im a NRA member.
Mike
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I can't speak for the Cav Arms guys but personally I'm too busy paying my bills, utilities, taxes and living expenses to be politically active against some group of choads who's "opinion" really doesn't hold much sway in this state.

D.
AZEX

... Fortunately, this is offset by the fact that it's the same excuse most yuppie Starbucks-swilling dickheads and Hippy assholes in Tempe aren't actively pursuing the legislation. Another way to look at this man, if they succeed, you won't have those "problems" to worry about any longer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]
The won't succeed, because the legislation WILL expire Sept 14, 2004.

There's no "maybe" about it.

New legislation must be passed by both houses, taken to conference, hashed out and a final version taken to the Prez's desk.

I dont see it happening. The first ban took almost 2 years to make it.

For all you die-hard Repubs out there, it WOULDN'T have made it through the House w/o traitorous GOPers voting for it.

Can you say, (then) Rep. Jon Kyl (R), Hmm? I knew you could.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The House is by all means, not short of traitorous fellers. Your confidence is refreshing, but I'm still very cautious.

I do think though the Senate is safe, despite our very own traitor.

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Well thats good to know.  It just seems like the "Anti" side gets the press.  Im just getting tired of these wack jobs getting all the press.  An I fell sometimes I need to do something besides standing on the sidelines.  I just really dont know what to do.
Well then I guess I will take a deep breath and relax.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

D.
AZEX

dont you mean Scotsdale?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well thats good to know.  It just seems like the "Anti" side gets the press.  Im just getting tired of these wack jobs getting all the press.  An I fell sometimes I need to do something besides standing on the sidelines.  I just really dont know what to do.
Well then I guess I will take a deep breath and relax.

The best you can do is write letters....spend your weekends hellping recruit new members to the GOA at gun shows...I did that for a couple years.

... and march in circles en masse around Patriots Park when they congregate. That was a hoot!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Next time you need a few people for a rally let me know.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top