Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:17:11 PM EDT
 Okay I'm working with Derick from AZEXARMS on location by Flagstaff. This will be a camping adventure if you want to(suggested). This will also be the weekend after the Crossroads Gun Show. So no excuses for not having plenty of ammo.

We are going to try to be as isolated as far as we can so the tanerite won't be a noise problem to anyone.

The only thing that can mess this up would be a Forest closure due to fire hazards or a monsoon storm. We will be roughing it for the weekend(no porta potties)or no running water. I've asked Derick for a location that won't require 4X4 but may require a truck or SUV.

As I get more details of location I'll be glad to e-mail a map to those interested. I don't want to let everyone that visits this site to know our location.

8-20-03 UPDATE:  Hope this date works for everyone.

TreeTop would you please tack this thread?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, Are US car people gonna team up with SUV and truck people for rides? I have some pretty good camping equipment. If I can get a lift from 35th ave and bell I can bring my cabin tent<big>, 2 burner propane stove and heater, coffee pot, 2 folding chairs, cooler, and a lantern, as well as other misc shit. I have not had to buy any new stuff for the last three trips so I think I am pretty well complete for equipment. I will trade the use of my HUGE tent and WARM propane heater for the ride up there. I also make breakfast!!!

IM me to set up arrangements.

my addy is 35th ave and bell road, right by the I-17. I know some of you are in the north valley here.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If I do end up going, I can take 2-3 people with me.  I have a 4 door Tacoma truck.  I'll let people know when if gets closer to the time.  I never know since my work schedule changes about every week.

Ian
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

my addy is 35th ave and bell road, right by the I-17. I know some of you are in the north valley here.

You live about a block from where I work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]
If my wife and I go, we will have room for two people.
Or better yet, their ice chest!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
DevilsAdvocate,
COOOL! You work at SUBWAY!!!!!!!???????
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#7]
cant make it, that sux!! ill be in Ireland... arrrrggghhh!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#8]
And ill probably be in San Diego at the SIGGRAPH convention... dag nab it
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Godammit! My baby boy is due to be born on the 4th O' July, and I think to wife would not let me bring him to a shoot being all of three weeks old. Dammit!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#10]
sniff....looks like I am gonna miss this one....sniff.....I wish I had a crying smilie.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Tagged for follow up. I'm trying to decide on going to the CG shoot. Going to be hot as hell late June! This one sounds awsome!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
We talked about it, and Steve is doing his own thing on this one, as I, for one, have NO intention of spending a day outside in friggin' June.

Derek Huffman, azexarms

www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#13]
It's in Flag. Should be VERY nice, compared to Phoenix, heat wise..

My only question, "What kind of ground clearance is needed"?

Meplat-
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#14]
CG sounds rough, but being in Flag in June seems like it would be fairly pleasant. Hell, better than a day in Tucson!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#15]
i think that's the weekend my girlfriend and i plan on camping up near flagstaff...coincidence or ESP?
actually we'll be up there about a week, so we should be able to make it.
this is a much better idea (weather-wise) than the CG DeathMatch....
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in...Just need to get some ammo....no wait..LOTS of ammo. Only thing that sucks, is that the crossroad show on the 12-13 July falls on a drill weekend. Might be time to order some ammo from Ammoman. Reminder to self, don't get anymore of that Olympic 223 CRAP...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#17]
... This might be doable for me, hopefully I'll be home by than. Exactly where will the shoot be? If I go, I'll probably be camping; like gentlemen, at Little America in Flagstaff.
By then, we should be two weeks into the monsoon season and the ground will be moist (woo hoo).
Pinged to keep track
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Pipeline + Tannerite = adventures beyond your imagination.

Sounds like fun.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Little America sounds tempting!  Forget the CG shoot in June!  That's Nuts!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Carbine10, What is your status? Over.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#21]

We are still working on location. Trying to find a place big enough to compensate a good turnout.

As soon as Derek gives me location I'll drive up and check it out. Then get maps e-mailed out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:45:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Great!  I found that other bag of Mil brass I told you I had.  If we get a shoot going I'll bring it to you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 1:07:43 AM EDT
[#23]
The wife said she would take me to Vegas that weekend for my birthday and she would pay for it...Or, if I want to go to the shoot, I'm on my own...

OK..A weekend at the Mirage with free gambling money, lots of free drinks laying poolside with a bunch of babes in bikini's or going shooting in a desolate area using behind the tree as a crapper...hmmmmmm...Tough decision

And markm, I thought you were coming to the June shoot to sit under the canopy's with the fat guys...I'm sure one of us will share..

OK, who needs brass? IM me..I have a good and cheap source for military brass and media.. I hate reloading military brass though..Gotta swage em..sucks
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 3:37:40 AM EDT
[#24]
originally quoted by Az-Redneck:

And markm, I thought you were coming to the June shoot to sit under the canopy's with the fat guys...I'm sure one of us will share..

Don't worry, Sweetie, I'll be there!!!!  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

markm, I thought you were coming to the June shoot to sit under the canopy's with the fat guys...I'm sure one of us will share..

NO WAY!  Night shoots only in June, July, and Aug for me.  Unless it's raining.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

markm, I thought you were coming to the June shoot to sit under the canopy's with the fat guys...I'm sure one of us will share..

NO WAY!  Night shoots only in June, July, and Aug for me.  Unless it's raining.

Hey, if a fat guy like me can do it, so can you! And if it was raining, desertmoon wouldn't be able to make it. He's made of sugar and would melt..(see above post from him)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be there on Saturday for sure. I'll probably have to leave Sat night.  I'm bringing my friend and trying to get my Brother-in-law to go since he is just getting into guns.  Once we get a map or directions, let me know!  See you all ther!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Update!  I spent last weekend in the Coconino National Forest by Flagstaff. I'll be going up their for the next few weekends. I'll just post a map on this thread when I confirm site. I have two spots but would like to see if something is better.

Also note most of the forest dirt roads aren't that rough. I had people in mini-vans flying by me as I watched a heard of Elk run from me.

Also pray for some rain up their before the shoot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:00:56 AM EDT
[#29]
... Yes Carbine10, if you hear cicadas chirping on or before Saturday, July 12, it will rain in Flagstaff.

... With a little prayer, Navajo medicine men rain dancing, seasonal gulf moisture and cicadas singing we'll have that rain.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh Hell yes!  East of Flag off of 89 there are some decent places to shoot, off Townsend-Winona road.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#31]
We've been working with some of my contacts in Flag to find a place that is....

A. accessible by car
B. has real trees for shade and shelter from any of the mild afternoon rains.
C. has good open areas too for shooting
D. isnt CLOSED due to fire danger.

Problem is folks, it doesnt look too good right now. There are already fire restrictions in the forest. If we don't get some real rain and I mean like starting today, this deal probably will not happen.

I'm not too pleased either. We've done some real legwork and pow-wowed with some friends up there to make it happen.

We could do it at another location, but no shade, no forest, what is the point? It's cooler but still hot this time of year up there.

Pray for rain.

D.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:46:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I heard rumors of rain Friday, at least down here in Tucson
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Howdy from Casa Grande.

I work for the Power company.

We have a big sub station east and south of the  Winona road exit.

There is a cinder pit as you exit Winona east and south of IH 40.

There are some houses west of there, but further than 1/4 mile.

People shoot at the pit all the time.

Have you checked it out?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#35]
I used to shoot there all the time, please check my above post.

D.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#36]
no map yet? ANy one still going?
I got deer meat.....

(crickets:  chirp CHirp)

hello?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Azcopwannabe.  If you notice in the above threads. Coconino Forest is closed for open camping. We are still looking for a site but without lots of rain. It may not happen. Pray for rain. And we'll get a date and map set. Once the rain comes. If it ever does. Possibly in August or September.  I'm not giving up on this shoot yet, but we need rain up North to make it happen.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#38]
ok. that sucks. Ill just watch tv.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#39]

azcopwannabee,  

Derek was out of town this weekend. I'll be talking with him on a date to be set now that the forest is open again. I'm sure it will be in the later part of August. I still have some areas up their to drive to find a prime spot.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:49:40 AM EDT
[#40]
... At the risk of sounding selfish, August is better for me. I should be home from this assignment in NYC by mid month.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
... At the risk of sounding selfish, August is better for me. I should be home from this assignment in NYC by mid month.

It's all about you! You..You..You..

Just hurry up and get out of that God forsaken place before Hillary and Chuck start turning you into a liberal and we have to have some sort of intervention and kidnap you in the cover of darkness to bring you back here...Then one of us has to slap the shit out of you to convince you that you are NOT a MARPAT wearing gay liberal trying to post BOTD pics (Boy-Of The Day)...

We also need Winston's Weenie Wagon for the shoots. Without it, everyone would starve..

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#42]
End of August?  Mmmmkay.  Thats better.  Not too endish though.

Yeah, I'm selfish too.  I leave Aug 27 for Asia.  And I will be east coast Aug 9-15.  Sooooo, it might work.

With these rains, how do tracers sound?  

And uh, how rough is roughing it?  I have no truck, 4wd, tent, nothin.  I'm a house guy not a camper.  I could probably deal with  a night out and no shower.  God help anyone riding back with me.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Deermeat? Hell, I might show up for deermeat! And will certainly be towing the Barrett!

I'm travelling to Winslow on the 31st, and if the opportunity presents itself I'll try to detour to a few spots I used to frequent around Flag.

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#44]
... You guys getting rain yet?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Just came back from a weekend at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Last night it rained so much there that I had visions of building an ark. Not sure if Flag got any or not but it was dark and cloudy as we drove through Monday afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I live in northern Cave Creek.  It pissed down last night.  This AM the moat in front of my house had a foot of water in it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#47]
It rained pretty good the last two days in Flagstaff.

Good, long, hard rains.

There is hope.

Jay
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Ok..So, when are we going camping? I just bought a new heater, because I am a wuss when I camp, and I ordered a changing room type tent for my personal latrine...

The Wal-Mart here in Casa Grande is moving down the street to a Super Wal-Mart and they have lots of stuff on sale..Like I said, I got a new propane heater for $10...I'm ready to go! except for a pump for my air bed.. Hell, I can even bring a 5000w gennie if needed....

I suggested to carbine10 that we go into a camp ground because they have heads, fire pits, benches, water, and some even have showers...(For you diehard anti stinkers) and after we wake up and have our coffee, we go shooting outside the campground somewhere...

Last I heard, it was 75' in Flagstaff during the warmest part of the day...That would kill us for sure..We might want to stay...

Who else is ready to go? I even got permission from the wife to go, I don't wanna waste this opportunity while I have it...(For those of you who know her, I will deny the above statement if you rat me out)
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#49]
We need to set something up, this is the perfect time of year, (between forest fire and snow seasons).
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Lets get this done! But one thing, If your drinking, can we have a RULE about SAFE handling? Drunk guys with silenced class 3s make me nervous.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top