Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 10:25:14 PM EDT
I'm in NE Ohio (20 minutes outside of Cleveland) and currently have WOW! as my cable and internet provider. I currently pay just under $80 per month for basic cable and basic internet. I received a letter in the mail recently and the letter stated that my bill will be increasing $12 per month totaling around $92 for the basic package. That seems way too high for me. I am planning on dumping cable anyways since I rarely watch TV, plus with Netflix is used more than cable. So that leaves me with needing internet only. Do you have a provider that you are happy with that doesn't charge an outrageous amount of money? I'm open to all options and hope the top recommendations are available in my area. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to look at what is available. Where I am in Akron, only ATT Uverse and Time Warner Cable is available. I'm still with TWC because Uverse was about the same money but has a data cap with overage fees, TWC does not, yet.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#2]
In for answers.  Id like to hear what others are doing.  We have time warner and its too high.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You really have to check in your area. There is huge differences in price and speeds from area to area. Like here four miles makes the diffrence between a 20/1 Mb/s at $40, and a 2/1 Mb/s for $40. Typically the cable or phone providers will be the way to go just don't forget the Mb/s matter.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:37:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Having had Time Warner and ATT I would just stick with WOW.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
This really isn't something that can be answered without your address, honestly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Having had Time Warner and ATT I would just stick with WOW.
View Quote

Yup. I currently have WOW and am damn proud not to have to deal with the TWC asshats.

Them and AT&T are at the top of my'never to do business with again' list.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top