Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/15/2013 2:41:12 PM EDT
I have a old single shot with a bent barrel and was wondering if it is legal to cut it down?
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Minimum shotgun barrel length by law is 18", ao 18.5 be fine.. the overall lenght of firearm should be 28" I think.. do prelim measures with SHARPIE and masking tape on barrel, then do total measure from end of stock to 18.5" mark on barrel
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 6:21:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Measure twice, cut once. Or you'll suffer the same fait as the folks in Ruby Ridge.  And make dam sure your over the overall length law. That's where most of the Hood Rat get them selves in trouble. The barrel length aint the only thing that gets a tape when  5-0 comes calling.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Measure twice, cut once. Or you'll suffer the same fait as the folks in Ruby Ridge.  And make dam sure your over the overall length law. That's where most of the Hood Rat get them selves in trouble. The barrel length aint the only thing that gets a tape when  5-0 comes calling.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to say something similar to the Doctor.....

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Measure, measure and measure some more.  For a first timer, I suggest cutting a bit long, try cutting to 20 first, straighten out any angle from the initial cut (typical if cut by hand) reface the crown.  When you're happy with it, do it again.  Keep in mind the extra you took off straightening and refacing.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top