Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 10:59:48 PM EDT
Do any of the clubs or ranges reasonably close (within an hour) hold regular 3 gun matches?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:59:07 AM EDT
[#1]
PCSI in Circleville has one left for this year. PCSI
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:01:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
PCSI in Circleville has one left for this year. PCSI

Hey, Exccept for Mscott these are some really nice people that do this over in Circleville. you will not be disapointed.

You know I'm just yankin your chain Mscott
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:49:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Any sub-gun shoots in the Dayton area (as long as we are talking about it)?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I guess I need to check Circleville out next year. When do things start up again?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#6]
The matches put on by PCSA are top notch.  I finally made it out to one last month and it was a blast.
The stages are interesting and challenging, with lots of targets.  I think we had 22 shotgun targets in one stage.
I drove up all the way from the farthest Southwest corner of Ohio, and it was worth the trip.  
Do it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a link to the stages so you can see what it's all about. There's still one in November, so get you gear ready now. If you need something or other info just ask. Don't stay home due to lack of gear or guns. We'll help you along.
PCSI Stages
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a pistol/holster/mag pouch, Ar15 w/ optic and mags, and a pump shotgun. What else do I need? I am not looking into being competitive, just a good time and fun running my guns. And how far do the rifle shots go out to? Thanks for all the info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a pistol/holster/mag pouch, Ar15 w/ optic and mags, and a pump shotgun. What else do I need? I am not looking into being competitive, just a good time and fun running my guns. And how far do the rifle shots go out to? Thanks for all the info.

The range only has 1 bay we use out to 100 yards, so that's as far as you'd have to shoot and the smallest target would likely be a 6" steel plate. You'll need enough pistol mags to get through a 32 round stage. A shotgun magazine extension is helpful, but not required. (tactical allows 8 in the tube +1 in the chamber) You will also need a method of carrying everything through the stages .... pistol mag pouches, rifle mag pouch (pockets work well for rifle mags), and a way of carrying up to 30 shotgun shells. It will be November, so jacket pockets might be useful for shot shells. I use shell strippers made by Choate for carrying shells, but some use side saddles, trap bags, or shell belts. Just buy the cheap 7 1/2 shotgun shells for this stuff. You'll also need some rifle ammo with NO STEEL CORE for any steel targets. You will probably need some slugs, but I'm not sure yet since each match is different. No slings needed for the long guns. I'll start a thread on the match when it gets closer to November.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top