Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 7:01:00 PM EDT
I'm looking for the cheapest place to get an FFL transferred in Northern Dayton (Around Tipp City).

Off the top of my head, I know that VRA-Ohio is $35. Anyone have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
what about olde english? or vandalia tactical? could check these out also.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
what about olde english? or vandalia tactical? could check these out also.

Olde English I'm not entirely found of, because I get continually ignored upon visiting the store. The last time I was there, there were about 6-8 guys on duty (I never did get an exact count), but I walked in to buy some ammo for my CCW, there was one other customer in there, who was being helped, while the rest of the crew sat in the back, occasionally looking out at me while I stood and waited about 10 minutes. Plus the last time I took a 1911 in there to get fixed (which I ended up finding out was malfunctioning due to a bad disconnector), after being told it was fixed, I drive back to Old English, function test the pistol, only to discover that the hammer is still falling after the pistol cycled. When I questioned the salesmen about this, he said that "some 1911's don't have disconnectors", which of course prompted a what......the......fuck...... moment from me. To top all of this off, the salesman acted like they weren't going to charge me a repair fee as if it were some kind of courtesy.

Vandalia Tactical I haven't talked to yet, so I'll try them. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#3]
You could also try Rapid Fire or Shooters Warehouse in Troy, I haven't done a transfer through either recently but in the past they've charged me $25. Shooters Warehouse would be my first choice , smaller shop and not as busy as Rapid Fire, but I'm sure  either of the two shops would go out of their way to help you out.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me have a look at your 1911.. not a whole of special about them.

What is it doing that you do not like ?

Bob at the Warehouse,  Peabody Sports in Kettering, Vandalia Tactical ?,, VRA ??,, I think I would just be happy with somebody that would do the transfer rather than squabble over $10 price difference.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Shooters Warehouse was always cool with me @$25 a transfer and even cut me slack before on multiple transfers before. But I was in there a lot too so Bob might have done it for that reason.

Mikes guns sales in Covington was charging $10 but I have never used him before. He is just a small/part-time shop in his house. So it might be worth a call too. (937-473-3584) day hrs [email protected]   (from his card)
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me have a look at your 1911.. not a whole of special about them.

What is it doing that you do not like ?

Bob at the Warehouse,  Peabody Sports in Kettering, Vandalia Tactical ?,, VRA ??,, I think I would just be happy with somebody that would do the transfer rather than squabble over $10 price difference.

I fixed it a while ago and ended up selling it. The hammer would fall back down to half-cock after the weapon was fired. I replaced the disconnector myself and it worked fine. :/ I just brought it up to explain why I wasn't fond of Olde English.

I talked to the guy in Shooter's Warehouse guy in Troy, and he told me $35, Ohio Rapid Fire was only asking $25, so I'm going with them as of right now.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top