Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:13:29 PM EDT
Gander Mountain in Dayton has 1000 rd. .223 federal bulk packs for 399.99, considering what guys are paying on the ammo page, I didnt think this was that bad. They had over 40 cases.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
$0.40 a round is a steal today for a brass casing round. Too bad I live in Columbus.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Just stopped by there, they still have a fair stack of 1,000 round cases.  The place was packed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never been to the Dayton GM But the ones here in CBUS area SUCK! No stock on the shelves!! no prices on the stuff that they do have on the shelves, the stores are always a  mess JUST BAD MANAGMENT PERIOD. I refuse to spend any money with them.

The thing that set me off was they moved all the reloading stuff to the Hilliard store on the other side of town. East side store does not carry reloading supplies anymore WTF IS That???

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have never been to the Dayton GM But the ones here in CBUS area SUCK! No stock on the shelves!! no prices on the stuff that they do have on the shelves, the stores are always a  mess JUST BAD MANAGMENT PERIOD. I refuse to spend any money with them.

The thing that set me off was they moved all the reloading stuff to the Hilliard store on the other side of town. East side store does not carry reloading supplies anymore WTF IS That???

this...

the GM in Huber Heights is big!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I live close to bass pro in cincinnati, I sometimes have to go to dayton so the first time I went to GM was a couple weeks ago and I would have to say its as big if not bigger than bass pro. The gun section has 2 to 3 times more guns than bass pro. and I did see some reloading stuff, and lots of bulk ammo. It takes me about an hour to get there I think its worth the trip.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I live close to bass pro in cincinnati, I sometimes have to go to dayton so the first time I went to GM was a couple weeks ago and I would have to say its as big if not bigger than bass pro. The gun section has 2 to 3 times more guns than bass pro. and I did see some reloading stuff, and lots of bulk ammo. It takes me about an hour to get there I think its worth the trip.

bass pro is full of tools at the gun counter, they label all their firearms with magazines as clips - some with 10 rounders only
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Actually, the reloading section is not that great - about on a par with Olde English including their prices.  One may have a little more in one or another area or another.   I generally go to English for primers.  They both have similar selections of powder.  Their bullet selections are hit and miss if you are looking for a particular caliber/weight.

Olde English is about 10 minutes north of GM off of I-75.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I will have to check out olde english, someday I would like to try reloading
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:49:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Gander mountain's pricing and stocking issues seem to be company wide.  Every one I've ever been to has mis labeled products, no stock and disorganized shelving.

As for reloading supplies here, I generaly go to Olde English.  There bullet selection is a little better(marginally), both suck in the tool selection, and are about on par for powders.  Except for powder and primers (which I generaly get at gungun shows any how)  I get just about everything else at MidwayUSA.  

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top