Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2002 8:23:40 AM EDT
I want to plan a shoot sometime soon, but need some possible ranges in the area. Anyone with any suggestions or comments please post them. Looking for mid-Jan or so. (A good shooter ignores the weather!) Let's hear your input!!!!!

Looking for an all-day type scenario. Food before/after etc. (for you, mmsig)
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:56:46 AM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not traveling for business, I'm in.  Let me know what you come up with.  Unfortunately the ODNR range in Trumbull county is closed during January and February.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I will see if I can get this to the hands of the appropriate parties that may be able to think of a place.  I'm sure many would be up for it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I would be interested in a NE Ohio shoot.  Unfortunately, there are not that many public ranges around here that are open in the winter.  A&A is a possibility, but it is expensive (although maybe their price for a full day would be manageable, if we could work it).
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely interested in a shoot in mid January.  I think Tusco would be a nice place to have it.  Any idea for a format or does Bob want to get "BulletFest, The Winter Games" started?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Count me in, especially if there's food involved!!!!! I go to mids next month, a Sunday afternoon would work for me....BustinCaps, check your IM.......
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]
A&A is closed a couple of days during the week. Maybe on those days we could make special arrangements to rent the range for 3-4 hours. They usually charge $8.00 an hour. Their PH# is 440-548-8752 if someone wants to check into it. We could stop at the Auburn Inn 422/SR44 for a beer and a burger after...Last time I was there, they had cleaned the place up a little. We would have to bring our own junk to shoot....
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I am in for sure. I have been waiting for a guy at Tusco to get home from vacation to get a Feb date myself for an AK and C&R bolt gun match.
I wonder if we could also get the Mapleton Range (BFest site) with clubhouse access??
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#9]
RS39, an excellent idea.  Either Tusco or Mapleton would make a great venue for a mid winter  get together Now we could combine things if us AK/AR only types could hang with you FAL guys. The Bolt gun thing is also a great idea.  I'm sure most of us would gladly kick in a few bucks to whichever club would be willing to host us.

For those who have not been to either of these facilities they are fantastic and both great clubs with great people.  I only wish they were located closer to Cleveland.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Where is Tusco and Mapleton located? I havn't been shooting around here to long and am kind of ignorant of ranges. A+A sounds like a possibility, I will give them a call monday and see what anyone up their can tell me. Anyone with contact info for other ranges, please post so I can try to organize something.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#11]
I have secured Tusco for Sun Feb 9, to hold a C&R bolt gun class and AK class match. Bustin and I will sort out details soon. Main range, 200 yds has been reserved for the Cabin Fever Winter Games. Initial expectation is any C&R bolt gun with irons, and any AK with any sights. Fun is the point of the event, so it will take a lot of shooters to get the classes broken up any more.
Covered table area and shooting area, so unless it rains too hard to keep paper targets up, the event is held.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Who would be interested in RS39's date? I am in (check your IM RS39) Also, anyone interested in a carpool scenario in the Cleveland area, sign in. I would be willing to drive, and could haul 3 comfortably. Any other drivers interested, please post.

P.S. I am not a drunk!
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
C&R and AK?

Those are two of my (many) favorite things.  OK, I'll take the challenge.

I'll need directions to Tusco.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#14]
SWS, if I'm not already there from working the night before we can ride down together.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm a wimp and don't venture out into the cold or rain unless there is money or hot naked women involved...
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:28:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm a wimp and don't venture out into the cold or rain unless there is money or hot naked women involved...

Mug:

If it happens that I'm working the night before and can't drive SWS, you can follow me up from St.C. It should take you about an hour or less and you won't get that cold.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#17]
http://www.geocities.com/tuscorp/

Near New Philadelphia. Details getting ironed out quickly, full posting coming by the weekend. I need to clear the main post board that I refer other sites to with Admin.

Timed 3 position shooting, get strippers for your C&R. One class per 3 position relay, you may change or repeat classes on other relays. 2-3 relays as time/group allow.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#18]
keep me posted about Tusco. Any fee's etc.?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I would be in but the 9th sucks for me.  Would my Garand fit into the C&R class?  I shoot 5 stand at AA under the lights on some Thursday nights and my M1 on his 250yd. range on Sundays.  Nice place to shoot but paper targets are all that are technically allowed despite what some may think.  I work just down the road about 20 minutes.  Any meet there is great for me.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Tusco is normally a member-only club, but for special events this is waived. I expect 25% of the money to go to the club, 75% to the awards payout. $10 first relay, $5 additional relays, 2 classes, 2 pools of funds. $20 to class winner, rest is spread thin and deep as this is about fun and not cash.

Bolt guns only for C&R, mainly because the rate of fire will be an issue with timed shooting and I need to keep this simple yet fair.

The event will be similar to what worked well for a dozen FALers there last month.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#21]
So can I get another AK "rental"?  ;) I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#22]
PE- Sure you can. I am bringing my SAR2 with scope, and M39 for show and tell. And ammo of course. I'll have to get down there soon to sight in at 200 and get some reference groups to compare myself to the contestants. Care to join me next weekend?
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#23]
sure, but it will have to be sunday.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top