Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 3/27/2006 12:31:24 AM EDT
Man, I had a cluster of a week.

It started with a malfunctioning furnace, 3 inept repair men (2 of whom I was so mad at their incompetance I sent them packing), and a costly part that accomplished nothing. $300 in the hole.

Then, I hit a pothole and bend a rim on my car, worse it's a 17" factory alloy and I can't find a good replacement. I've been vibrating to work all week. $200 to replace, if they don't shred my tire swapping it.

Thursday night a local (insert your own slur here) broke into 5 cars at work, mine included. Shatters my window, even tho I keep the door unlocked for just such an occasion. He bends the shit out of my molding too. I drove home in 35 degree rain....hitting me on the side of the face for 45 minutes. $214 until insurance reimburses me.

That's ok tho, I'm home and safe right? Wake up the next morning to lights and commotion at the end of my driveway. Go out to investigate and I hear fighting and yelling. Figuring there's drunks out there, I call the OHP. They show up, arrest driver (he was skunked). When the sun comes up, I see they demolished my culvert retaining wall, launched their car into the ditch, and there's 500 little pieces of Honda Civic to clean up. And, the charming youngsters were kind enough to throw empty beer bottles all over my yard trying to hide them from popo, some of them shattering in the driveway. The OHP gives me the kid's insurance info, I call to find out he's not covered anymore.

And, if you think that's the end of it you're wrong. Wake up before coming into work and hear a howling sound coming from the computer, one of my drives sounds like it's coming apart. After rebooting it's offline. $120, at least.

Good god. If I go take a pee and my dork falls off into the urinal, I will not be one bit surprised. I'm going to have to sell a kidney to pay for all this shit. Anyone want a kidney? Mint condition, not many rounds through it!

So, how have you guys been??
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry about all that.  Doesn't mean much but I really feel for you.

I haven't had a bad week like that in a long time.  Well, I really haven't ever had that bad of a week.   But, I'm going shooting today so I will shoot something for you.  How's that sound?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn Craig, that sucks.

I would definitely notify the cops that the kid's insurance coverage is bogus.  They'll need the extra criminal charge as "payment" for not covering your loss.  Your insurance company will go after the kid/family to get restitution for their expense in repairing your yard.

That's a potload of crap to have happen in a single week.

Don't think I can help you with the kidney or dork though.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]

I wouldn't know what to do if my life was 1/10th as exciting as yours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:12:59 AM EDT
[#4]
They say things come in three's.... That's five.   Either you had a really bad "three,' or the second "three" isn't complete...

That really sucks.

Which gun did you stuff in your pocket when you went out to investigate?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:41:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, sorry to hear about your luck. Look on the bright side, maybe you just got a year's worth of crap out of the way and the rest of 2006 will just glide by without another upset.

My new truck was broken into earlier this year. Fortunately, most of the damage was repaired and paid for by my insurance company. The only part I didn't have fixed was the nicks in the paint on the door. I figured touching them up was better than repainting anything. The thief also got my digital camera (which was out of sight.) That wasn't covered by my insurance because of my high homeowner deductible.

Enough about me. I hope you come out OK on the vandalism and the pothole casualty to your car and the damage to your property.

Cincylance
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:11:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:18:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, sorry to hear about all that.  The good news is that things can only get better, right...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok swingset........that sucks! Lets see if I can cheer you up a bit.

I was talking to a couple guys the other night, and they were conversing over the strange circumstance in which they had met. I guess they both had worked for furnace repair companies, until being unexpectedly fired last week, when owners found out, they both were sent home off a job, when a angry customer was furious over the lack of intelligence.! I was talking to them, of course thru Window #2 of the local McDonalds they both now work for!

Then I read in the paper, that the local councilman, who turned down the budget increase, to fix roads and potholes, ALSO hit the very same pothole you hit, spilling steaming hot coffee on his crotch. He was being treated at the hospital, for 3rd degree burns to his penis!

I read on till I get to the police blotter, and recall two interesting stories.
A man was found dead under a freeway overpass, late sunday. From what investigators can find, apparently the man had been on crime spree lately, burglarizing dozens of local cars. County coroner reports the man contracted tetanus, when a shard of glass, from the car windows he was smashing, lodged in his hand. Overnight the tetanus spread to his brain, driving him insane just moments before he took the fatal leap over the side of the overpass.

Then I read on to a story, about two young men, arrested after a man calls local police to report a disturbance. The two juvenilles were arrested after officers found a wrecked honda civic, and found both youths to be heavily intoxicated. In a related story, one of the drunken youths is filing a complaint with police. Apparently the young man passed out after being placed in a holding cell, and awoke to a horrible case of genital warts on his scrotum, and an itchy, pussing, bleeding anal cavity.
Police are questioning a 420lb toothless Kentucky man named Terrance, who shared the cell with the youths on the night in question

The computer....well I don't have anything for that..Computers F*$#in Blow..can't help you there

BTW:  If you go to the shitter and your tool falls off into the pisser...trust me you WILL be suprised
     And as far as the Kidney....try the guys on the survival forums. Somebody will buy it, put it on ice, and pack it away with their solar panels, MRE's, and space blankets

See now don't you feel better! Whenever you get mad about those issues, just make yourself believe, that those were the actual outcomes!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll see your tragedy and raise you one!  While for most parts my life is a parade of misfortune, I believe the best (or worst) is when my second floor apartment flooded...

Was back in January of '04 when we had that really cold snap.  I came home from school, parked in the parking lot and meandered over to get my mail.  The whole time I swear I hear rushing water.   It was the sound that you hear when literally gallons upon gallons of water are rushing into a storm sewer. At fist I thought this was kinda weird as I had no idea where the water could be coming from.  But, after obtaining all the junk mail from my mailbox I start walking to my apartment and notice that the lawn in front of it has now become a reservoir which could, by those not from the area, be mistaken as an extension of the Olentangy River.  At this point I'm starting to get a bit nervous as something is CLEARLY amiss.  A few more steps and I now notice the torrent of water cascading down the stairs of my apartment building.  Now, I'm completely flipped out, my eyes are about as big as they can get and I run up the stairs to my second floor apartment to hopefully escape the insanity which is raining (literally) down around me.  After getting drenched running up a flight of stairs and passing through the waterfall which is in front of my front door, I swing open my front door to reveal a horrific scene.  Water is pouring out of all of the recessed lighting fixtures in the ceiling, there's at least an 1" of standing water which has turned my carpet into marshland, the outline of all of the drywall panels in the ceiling are visible and squirting water from the joints.  I attempted to put out some pots, pans and garbage cans to catch the water, but two of the pots floated away.  At that point I moved my electronics to higher grounds, covered up all my important documents, got my guns and left.

I later found out that I was the first resident to get home, and that was around 1430 hours.  Evidently the Landlord had seen fit to save a few dollars by not heating a third floor apartment and during the cold snap one of the Fire Suppression System (aka sprinkler system) pipes froze and burst.  Now, while any pipe freeze and burst does suck, its truly horrific when the pipe that bursts is pressurized.  So, when that pipe burst, the sensor down the way saw that the water pressure had dropped and signaled to the pump to turn on to get the water pressure back up.  Approximately 4 hours and several thousand gallons later I came home and saw my little world floating away from me.  It was horrible...  

But, that’s the story of how my second story apartment flooded.  Which always reminds me that no matter what happens, it could be worse.  Such as the apartment collapsing from the weight of the water on the third floor, or something like that...  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Here's a prescription for you:

10 lbs of tannerite (or ALAN-targets - homemade equivalent), spread over 6-7 targets, to be shot during one afternoon range session.  Must be used with rifle of choice (preferrabbly 5.56 or larger).  Must bring at least 400-500 rounds of ammunition, some of which may be bump-fired for giggles' sake if you desire, but not required.  Other targets to bring may consist of clay pigeons, gallon jugs filled with water, or melons.  Note:  May also bring handguns of various calibers, but not to be used with tannerite.

Save at least one 2-lb charge as the last thing to shoot during the range session, just for a good "send-off".

This prescription should not be taken with alcohol.

Anytime I get bummed or have a bad week, tannerite and throwing lead always seems to make me feel better.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would definitely notify the cops that the kid's insurance coverage is bogus.  They'll need the extra criminal charge as "payment" for not covering your loss.  Your insurance company will go after the kid/family to get restitution for their expense in repairing your yard.

Yup, already called the OHP about no-insurance boy. I already fixed the culvert, luckily I had extra railroad ties back at the range so that's not a big deal other than hassle.

Quoted:
Which gun did you stuff in your pocket when you went out to investigate?

hehe...you know me so well. Mossy 500 with TAP 00 buckshot, Surefire on board. Didn't need it, but in retrospect it would have fun to play "college kid skeet" when they were throwing the beer bottles into my yard. "Oh shit, I shot the launcher by mistake. 5 times."

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Hopefully your through the thick of it for 2006

Hope things start shaping up for you. I always get a little nervous when things get going too good for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
BTW:  If you go to the shitter and your tool falls off into the pisser...trust me you WILL be suprised
     And as far as the Kidney....try the guys on the survival forums. Somebody will buy it, put it on ice, and pack it away with their solar panels, MRE's, and space blankets

i dont mean to laugh in your thread, swingset, but  thats hilarious  

as for your week, all i can say is  

hope this one is better  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
i got a 40gig drive you can have as soon as i check for stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Atleast you still have your health. ANd thats all that really matters in this life.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Atleast you still have your health. ANd thats all that really matters in this life.

Well, health is a general term.  I'm still crazy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm way ahead of you.

I'm in the process of trying to buy a house, so I have to track down and pay all the creditors that my ex-wife got pissed off at me. (and lied to me about paying off)

So far, this week, I'm in for about $1400 and it looks like I have around $860 to go, IF I can find anyone who works for these guys who actually WANTS the money.......

Damn bitch is still pissing me off........

At least I only have one more to pay off, according to the credit reporting agancies. Then I'm finally free.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Two Thanksgivings ago I hit a pothole and took out 2 rims and tires,  I went to "You Wrench it", the next day, and hour of walking around I found 2 new (close enough to matching) rims for about 30 a piece.  they don't inventory so ya haft to go down and pay a buck or two to walk the yard.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#19]
So how much are you asking for the kidney?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

yes you are, without a doubt......  Don't worry you have plenty of "friends" , even if everyone else can't see them.

Remember that retarded girl you had sex with in the Speedway bathroom with last year?? You know the one with the big hooters and cleft palate??  I told you not to do it,  tried to warn you that the retardo gods would take vengance but you wouldn't listen...  Just be glad that the "smart" bomb they sent ended up in the ditch

Hang in there man, it will get better!  or,  we'll just get drunk!

Mike

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I was going to give you my story, but I decided to focus on the positive. My wifes car broke down last night so now she is forced to drive a new BMW convertable while her car is in the shop. When my car breaks down, I have to borrow a car, then it blows up. But on the up side, I didn't sleep last night and I didn't even strangle anyone today at work! Oh yeah, my new to me van needs breaks (I'm sure it has nothing to do with getting stuck in your yard). No mention of the giant ruts in your backyard?(mental note: Minivans are heavier than they look) I hope this week goes more smoothly for you. Maybe joining the gang saturday in circleville would raise your spirits.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes you are, without a doubt......  Don't worry you have plenty of "friends" , even if everyone else can't see them.

Remember that retarded girl you had sex with in the Speedway bathroom with last year?? You know the one with the big hooters and cleft palate??  I told you not to do it,  tried to warn you that the retardo gods would take vengance but you wouldn't listen...  Just be glad that the "smart" bomb they sent ended up in the ditch

Hang in there man, it will get better!  or,  we'll just get drunk!

Mike

You mean screwing retarded chicks is bad luck? Is mildly retarded half as bad?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#23]
not good.  the g/f and i broke up earlier this week.  kind of a "break" thing, we'll see how it goes.  a few things need fixing, and if they can be fixed it will be absolutely amazing.

if not, there's no point in trying anymore.  sigh.

and as far as my prescription goes, i'm goin home this weekend to finish fixing my car, possibly ride my dirtbike, and go shooting at the range.  if thats not therapy, i dont know what is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Man craig I thought I have a stressful week.  Oh well ain't like your hair is going to fall out or anything.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Man craig I thought I have a stressful week.  Oh well ain't like your hair is going to fall out or anything.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:32:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that's some funny shit right there. mmk

Kirk might sell some of his to swingset.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that there is funny

Craig, we love ya man
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now that there is funny

Craig, we love ya man

Thanks, you guys know how to kick a man when he's down.

You do know tho, that the reason men's hair falls out is because of an abundance of Testosterone right? And, that's what makes a man manly?

So, all you long haired fellas are, on the manly scale, way down near the bottom....right below Madonna and Yanni.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Thats rough Craig. Will you be up to workin on the range tomorrow?
I can load up the chainsaw and we can get to work on it tomorrow. Maybe even try to fix your gongs.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Thats rough Craig. Will you be up to workin on the range tomorrow?
I can load up the chainsaw and we can get to work on it tomorrow. Maybe even try to fix your gongs.

Yup, I was out all day today working, still got a bunch left to do. If you wanna come out, feel free.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, Ill call ya around noonish. I should be out there by 12:30 to 1
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Sorry to hear about your bad week Craig. I hope this one is better.

About the hard drive... What brand and size is it? If you have data on the hard drive that you want to recover you might try putting it in the freezer for an hour or two. Then hook it up and copy your data over to another drive. I also have 2 80GB IDE drives I'm not using anymore if your interested in one. Based on your quote of $120 though it sounds like you lost a 300+ GB drive.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear about your bad week Craig. I hope this one is better.

About the hard drive... What brand and size is it? If you have data on the hard drive that you want to recover you might try putting it in the freezer for an hour or two. Then hook it up and copy your data over to another drive. I also have 2 80GB IDE drives I'm not using anymore if your interested in one. Based on your quote of $120 though it sounds like you lost a 300+ GB drive.

It was a Seagate 260 gig. I normally use WD drives but this one was on sale somewhere. It only lasted a year, and I have WD drives that are 10 years old and still cooking. Oh well.

Luckily, I have a Ghost image of the drive on my other system, so I didn't lose data only the drive. It really crashed good, it spins but it sounds like gear grinding.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#35]
How times have changed.  Seems like yesterday when my dad bought a brand new on the market Power Mac 7100/66, with a 250mb HD and 16mb RAM.

"Son, that's 66 MILLION cycles a second.  Man that's fast!!"

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

It was a Seagate 260 gig. I normally use WD drives but this one was on sale somewhere. It only lasted a year, and I have WD drives that are 10 years old and still cooking. Oh well.

Luckily, I have a Ghost image of the drive on my other system, so I didn't lose data only the drive. It really crashed good, it spins but it sounds like gear grinding.

I personally like WD drives also. I have 5 WD drives running in 3 different computers at home. I just bought 2 250gb 16mb cache drives for $91 a piece with no shipping or sales tax.

At least you didn't lose any data. That’s why I bought 2. I have them setup in Raid 1 so if I lose 1 I don’t lose all my data.

www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=101220-12

Up to $92.90 but still no tax or shipping.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top