Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:05:35 PM EDT
I posted some pics & a range report over in AR discussions.
In case some of you don't venture into that section much, here's the link:
ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=274634

enjoy!  

Also:  The pics are not that big, so it should be OK for 56k.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice carbine and range. As someone else posted, I'd love to have a range in my back yard.

I am left eye dominant also but shoot rifles left handed. Handguns I learned to shoot right handed mostly because all my holsters growing up were right handed.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:40:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nice carbine and range. As someone else posted, I'd love to have a range in my back yard.

I am left eye dominant also but shoot rifles left handed. Handguns I learned to shoot right handed mostly because all my holsters growing up were right handed.

Shooting with both eyes open is still new to me, but It seems easier to hit what I want to hit.  
For some reason I still have to close my left eye when I shoot my scoped 10/22.  

As far as pistols go, I have no idea really.  I'm left eye dominant and right handed so...I'll figure that out toward the end of april when I get my G19 & SW.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice Rifle Bro...
Im jealous of the Range also! Strange about your trigger? Maybe you did unknowingly bump fire?
Im trying to get an eotech or aimpoint for mine...so I can shoot both eyes open, and eliminate single eye dominance..Maybe one of those types of sights would help you out.

BTW:  Is that the truck from the Fall Guy show? Is your stepdad Lee Majors?   lol
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice Rifle Bro...
Im jealous of the Range also! Strange about your trigger? Maybe you did unknowingly bump fire?
Im trying to get an eotech or aimpoint for mine...so I can shoot both eyes open, and eliminate single eye dominance..Maybe one of those types of sights would help you out.

BTW:  Is that the truck from the Fall Guy show? Is your stepdad Lee Majors?   lol

I tend to follow through by holding back on the trigger till after the shot is made, maintaining sight picture, then release and hear the "click" of the trigger reset.  My guess it that the stock wasnt in my shoulder properly for the first shot and it just bounced and caused me to bumpfire the 2nd.  

I've been out 3 times now using both eyes open with irons.  It's becoming easier and easier the more I do it.  Not sure if I'll get a red-dot sight for this or not.  For the money, I'd rather buy ammo and new targets...thinking MGM steel auto-poppers    I'll worry about optics later.  

Fall Guy show? Lee Majors?  hahah I havent watched tv in a long time, I have no idea
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top