Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 3:37:22 PM EDT
A Civlilian Marksmanship Program Rifle Clinic featuring the AR-15 Service Rifle will be held at MRPC on May 13th from 8 AM to 3 PM.  Shooters must bring appropriate eye and hearing protection.  Registration is limited to 20 shooters. The club will provide (4) AR-15 rifles on a first come-first served basis to those who do not have an AR-15 but still wish to participate.

Cost is $5 for MPRC members and $20 for non-members.

As an option, shooters may bring their own AR-15.  The club will supply 223 Remington ammunition.

If participants with to bring and shoot their own M1, M14/M1A, or M1 Carbine, they will need to also bring 60 rounds of the proper ammunition.

The club will provide shooting jackets, mats, and hearing protection.  Please bring a bag lunch.

To register please provide name, address, date of birth, and whether you are a club member or not to: Michael Voto at 513-625-0933 or [email protected]

Miami Rifle & Pistol Club
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Question???
What kind of info will be covered. Will a shooter with prior military experience (USMC Expert X 4 yrs) benefit from the class??? I have shot at MRPC many times for USPSA and think it is a great club.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know what will be covered, as I have never attended one.  I am a self taught highpower shooter.  

I suspect that if you qualified expert in the Marines several times, then you know how to use a sling, how to run targets, how to assume a stable prone, standing, sitting, and kneeling position, how to zero your rifle, and how to adjust your sights for windage and elevation, which is most of what I think will be covered.

I was going to volunteer as an instructor, but I'll be at Camp Perry at the state service rifle championship.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.  I've been looking for a Garand Clinic on this side of the state.

IIRC Garand clinics are about 5 or 6 hours long and cover basic safety, operation of the Garand, and an opportunity to fire 50-60 rounds.  Quick way to fufill the requirements of buying from the CMP.

Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for the heads up.  I've been looking for a Garand Clinic on this side of the state.

IIRC Garand clinics are about 5 or 6 hours long and cover basic safety, operation of the Garand, and an opportunity to fire 50-60 rounds.  Quick way to fufill the requirements of buying from the CMP.

This is actually a service rifle clinic.  Same thing you have described as a Garand Clinic, but the emphasis is on today's service rifle.  Still, if you want to bring a Garand or M14 clone, you are welcome.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
If someone there can get my oprod off my M1A, I'd show up for that reason alone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If someone there can get my oprod off my M1A, I'd show up for that reason alone.

Does your rifle work?  Then shoot it!

I bet someone there knows how to get that off.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh, it works alright.  I just can't stand the fact I can't break the rifle down far enough to make simple repairs or replacements.  Especially with all the hubub about M1A's needing replacements with USGI parts.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top