Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:58:14 PM EDT
SWO_daddy offered to help an ARFCOM member who needed some shooting coaching.   I asked to "sit in" and pick up some pointers.  This past Saturday, he drove a long way, waited patiently while I was late (a 1" snowfall apparently paralyzes Cincinnati), and spent half a day coaching me in shooting over iron sights at 200 and 300 yards, offering advice, encouragement, and tips on equipment.  We abandoned the thought of going to 600 yards due to concern over other club members (MPRC) finding our frozen corpses the next day.  He gave up most of a weekend day to do this, in bitterly cold weather, and the benefit to me was enormous.  Truly he is a stand-up guy, and I am thankful there are ARFCOM members like him who will encourage the shooting sports.  Hope I haven't embarrased him here, but I felt this needed to be said.

home_with_kids
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
You're welcome.  I enjoy doing it.

BTW, I just noticed your sig line.....

ETA: It was even colder on Sunday morning for the Navy match.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top