Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 9:23:48 AM EDT
My daughter goes to college in Columbus.  She worked a temp job last year.  She han't sent me her W2 yet but was reading some stuff from her check stub and I'm not sure what's up.  Does Ohio have a state income tax?  There was also a deduction that sounded like the abrievation for Whitehall.  Does Whitehall have a local income tax?  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
yes and yes. You need to file for the state income tax, but the city taxes you don't have to worry about filing (unless you might be able to get some money back).
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Check to see if it is a "RITA" City. Reynoldsburg is a rita city and I had to file for 5 f@cking years worth of back taxes.

RITA.to is the website but Whitehall isn't a RITA City.

Does she live in the City of Columbus School District? Several municipalities have School District Income Taxes as well. City Of Columbus doesn't. F@cking Reynoldsburg does!link
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top