Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 2:43:52 AM EDT
Very Interesting! Want to see what an "enlightened" country looks like run by Liberals?

The blokes "down under" apparently get tired of "foreigners" leering/assaulting their female beach lifeguards, so they go nutzo and riot in Sydney.

Aussie newspapers are reporting "LARGE CATCHES OF WEAPONS FOUND!" so yours truly reads on. Come to find out in Australia, since you can't have guns, the "weapons" the police found are (get this) boxes of stones. WOW! Here we are in the 21st Century, and the Aussies are dumbed down to acting like David and Goliath--rocks are now "weapons!"

Aussie police have been given "new powers" during the riots. How'd ya like to get busted for a "Carrying a Concealed Rock"

OUTRAGEOUS!

Your local neighborhood goes up in a riot, and you can't even have a stone, let alone an AR15?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:36:15 AM EDT
[#1]
on 60 minutes along time ago. they were trying to get guns restricted/banned. they asked an older man what he thought? he snarled back  WHATS NEXT THE BOWS AND ARROWS? i went good for you old timer. if we get a liberal in office like in australia the bows and arrows and spears may be next. this should put the fear of god in us.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,178522,00.html

On Monday, police said they discovered weapons including firebombs and rocks on the roofs of some houses in the beachside suburb of Maroubra. Some of those arrested were armed with machetes and baseball bats.

The issue looks to be more complicated overall, though fairly typical compared to some of the things going on here in the U.S. and in Europe too.  But the whole idea that if you take away guns people won't find ways to attack and kill each other is once again proven to be false.  

Time to ban all those dangerous rocks laying around!  Imagine just how easy it would be for an innocent 8 year old kid to get hurt by one of those evil weapons!!!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
on 60 minutes along time ago. they were trying to get guns restricted/banned. they asked an older man what he thought? he snarled back  WHATS NEXT THE BOWS AND ARROWS? i went good for you old timer. if we get a liberal in office like in australia the bows and arrows and spears may be next. this should put the fear of god in us.

I thought they did get rid of bows and arrows.  I think they can be kept at a hunting club or similar though.  I did read in the NRA magazine a year or so ago they were registering swords and spears that were in private collections.  I guess a rock is the only game in town.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
thats sad but, kinda funny to. registering swords now thats funny.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Very Interesting! Want to see what an "enlightened" country looks like run by Liberals?

The blokes "down under" apparently get tired of "foreigners" leering/assaulting their female beach lifeguards, so they go nutzo and riot in Sydney.

Aussie newspapers are reporting "LARGE CATCHES OF WEAPONS FOUND!" so yours truly reads on. Come to find out in Australia, since you can't have guns, the "weapons" the police found are (get this) boxes of stones. WOW! Here we are in the 21st Century, and the Aussies are dumbed down to acting like David and Goliath--rocks are now "weapons!"

Aussie police have been given "new powers" during the riots. How'd ya like to get busted for a "Carrying a Concealed Rock"

OUTRAGEOUS!

Your local neighborhood goes up in a riot, and you can't even have a stone, let alone an AR15?

I've lived there for years,......It's not that bad at all.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top