Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 1:12:40 PM EDT
I am trying to find someone  to do a build on my SAR 2.I have a Krink style sidefolder,a 74 gas block and a 74 brake.I am trying to get these parts put on my SAR 2 to make a AK-74 clone.
Do any of you know of a gunsmith in Ohio who does this kind of work or someone who could do this work on the side.The side folding stock will require some receiver modification but I have the templates and all of the parts needed to complete it.The 74 gasblock will require a gas hole to be drilled in the barrel and the old gas port closed.These 2 things are beyond my skill level.
I am not interested in hearing that the mods are not worth it!It is worth it to me.This is a ban rifle,and is ugly!It has no bayo lug and has a non threaded barrel
Please respond if you know of anyone in Ohio who does this kind of work or if you are interested in doing the work let me know your price.Thank You.    [email protected]  or [email protected]
**also I am located near Cincinnati,Ohio.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#1]
hi
dont know if this is too far for you, but i can recommend this guy ---

Glen Riddle - Magnum Gunsmithing - Youngstown Ohio
[email protected]

good guy to deal with
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
My SAR2 has the AK47 style gasblock,I have a 74 gasblock so I would like to add it to the SAR 2 to make a more realistic clone.Anyone else know anyone?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
ohio rapid fire, ohio rapid fire, ohio rapid fire . The people who make Black jack buffer probably knew me by name. Of course some springs did break and had to replace the piston 2 times and a couple rivets but , I put well over 15,000 rounds through a cheap wasr10 they built. They're very knowledgable and friendly and he probably has the parts on hand to do the job if not they can get them if it can be done, they can do it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Something to consider...  For a short period of time here, you can still purchase AK74 kits.  Do the build or hire it done.  The extra parts you currently have will help pay for the receiver and build.  You end up with an AK74 and a SAR2.  Two guns that will use the same ammo and mags.  Two guns will always be 'better' than one.

In the future, if money grows tight or you just tire of them, you can sell one or both.  As a buyer of a used firearm, I like to keep things simple.  Example:  I approach you at a gunshow and ask if your AK is for sale.  I look at it and see that the recever says that it is a SAR2.  But it's not.  You explain that it started as a SAR2 and you added this piece and somebody else added that piece.  My interest level is going down with the length of the tale.  I now have to factor in the typical SAR concerns (canted sights and gas block), used gun concerns (condition and how much use/abuse) and whether the modifications were done right.  I offer a fair price for a used SAR2.  You get offended because you've put all this extra work and money into your rifle.  No deal.

Alternative scenario:  I ask if one or both of the AK's you're carrying is for sale.  One is a nice kit build AK74 with compliance parts.  Looks good, and is just what I want.  Deal.  Or, I don't have quite enough cash but I can afford the stock SAR2.  Deal.  I'm happy.  You're happy because you only needed to sell one rifle to pay for your unexpected car repairs and you still have a rifle to shoot.

Hope you are happy with whatever you decide.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:25:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
ohio rapid fire, ohio rapid fire, ohio rapid fire . The people who make Black jack buffer probably knew me by name. Of course some springs did break and had to replace the piston 2 times and a couple rivets but , I put well over 15,000 rounds through a cheap wasr10 they built. They're very knowledgable and friendly and he probably has the parts on hand to do the job if not they can get them if it can be done, they can do it.

i would have to echo what predator 611 said, ohio rapid fire is a great company to deal with. they get a little busy at times but you have to ask yourself why. i have had work done by them and have always been satisfied.....

retdet
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top