Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 8/18/2005 4:45:18 PM EDT
Like the topic states I'm looking for information on starting a corporation so that I can partake of NFA goodness, Mainly SBR's and Suppressors. So where should I start? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Follow the link  State of Ohio Business Link

If you need a dealer in the Toledo area drop me an email [email protected] I am a full service FFL/SOT and on file with most of the major suppressor mfgs.

You can set up the LLC online at the link above.

Any questions shoot me an email or post here.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd suggest starting here:
www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/index.htm#ffl

Ultimately, should you succeed in your quest, you'll be getting to know them, and they you, quite well.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:33:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If all you want to do is start up a corporation to own NFA items and facilitate paperwork, a single member LLC is the way to go.  $125 one time startup costs, and most banks offer free small business checking.

A single member LLC is a corporation for all purposes except income taxes.  It is a disregarded entity for income tax purposes, and is taxed as a sole proprietorship.   The only annual filing requirements is a Schedule C attached to your personal income tax return.  It can have all zeros on it if all you do is buy some toys and not really conduct anyy revenue generating activities.

No annual taxes, simple tax paperwork, and simplified BATFE paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks very much, I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep, CZJeff is right!

Get the needed  form from Ken Blackwell on his website" "Ohio Secretary of State."

G-luck, mate!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I've also been thinking about this.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top