Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 12:27:28 PM EDT
Columbus City Council's Mike "Cock Holster" Mentel:
"To the citizens of St. Louis, a word from your friends in Columbus: Don’t cash the NRA check yet.  We send you our very best wishes."

This guy is such a DICKHEAD!!!!  I hope it turns out he's involved in that mucked up coin deal or something else equally career ending like being hit by a bus.

Mentel's a Fag LINK
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Typical arrogant liberal.

I will be driving to St. Louis. I will be at the 2007 NRA Convention.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
ROAD TRIP!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill be heading to St. Louie also! I just finished looking at a map and it looks like a straight shot from Columbus to St. Louis on I70. Hell with Columbus, Ill take my money there and spend it!

BKVic
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
So what the hell is he trying to say? That the NRA is going to cave and move the convention to Kolumbus because HE says so?

What an ASSHAT!

It never ceases to amaze me how condesending some of these Assholes are!

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:27:48 AM EDT
[#6]
He's referring more to the twisted idea that, "Hey St. Louis, the NRA screwed us by backing out of a done deal, they could screw you too."
(His thoughts, not mine)

Even though in reality its Mental that screwed everybody by going on his crusade to save the children.  I'm sure to him the NRA pulling out was just an added bonus.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#7]
And once again, a politician shows why he must be a politician.
If he tried to run a business like he runs the city, he would be out of a job in less than a year,
These guys cannot function in the regular world.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:32:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd call this guy a scumbag but of course that would be an insult to bags filled with scum!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Mental(and all the rest of you feel good liberials):

Actions Have Consequences!

It would be good for people & politicians to remember this come election time!

m499: As long as the "people" don't allow Mental/Koleman to sweep this under the rug, It is "Career ending!"  Politicians are elected because of their "decision making skills."  These two "gentlemen" cost the merchants in city of Columbus, thousands if not millions of dollars!  Most people will vote their "pocketbooks" before they will vote their "conscience!"(Maslows Hierarchy of needs, basic psychology)  The only people to whom it will not matter are those who are on the "dole."

These idiots need to quit wasting our money!

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
ROAD TRIP!!

Road Trip? Hell, We'll organize a Team Ohio Caravan!

Until then Boys, We have some work to do!
Can you imagine the impact it would have on the convention if a caravan of ARFCOMMERS from Ohio, Penn, Kentucky, Mich, Indiana, NY, Va, WVa,(forgive me if I missed you but you see where I'm going) Caravaned into St Louis and occupied two or three floors of a major convention hotel for this! It would make national news, and may well start a grassroots groundswell for the RTBA.  And we've got over a year to save & plan for it...........

Or maybe not. I guess it depends on what is important to you. But it would be fun!
(Read my Sig line)

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Received this email from a friend who is a police captain. It's kind of long, but humorous.

Ohio Constitution Defense Council
Dennis Walker                                 Laus Deo
GRPC NATO Doctrine in defense of the Second Amendment.
Subject: FW: Columbus City Council to Iraqi Government: "Ban Suicide Bombers!"

Columbus City Council to Iraqi Government: "Ban Suicide Bombers!"

23 Jul 2005 by Antonio Ciaccia

This week, in a shocking turn of events, Columbus City Council voted unanimously to ban suicide bombers within city limits. After most council members arrived over an hour late to the meeting, they announced that after Aug. 11th, that all suicide bombers would be outlawed.

All current suicide bombers will have 90 days from Monday night to register themselves with Columbus' Department of Public Safety or face a first-degree misdemeanor charge.

Columbus City Councilman, Michael Mentel, seemed optimistic that this piece of legislation will prevent suicide bombings in the great city of Columbus.

"The laws on the books were not enough,” said Mentel, “We had to do something; to sit and do nothing was not an option. I can’t believe nobody ever thought of just banning the bombers. All politicians should know that banning stuff is the first and best option for dealing with any problem."

When asked what he was going to do in light of the new ban, Kyle McCrazy -- a man with dreams of becoming a suicide bomber -- said, “Um, still blow myself up. I’m a criminal, I break laws anyways.”

The ban is reminiscent of the 1998 “mask ban” than effectively banned all scary masks because they could frighten children.

In 1998, Mentel proclaimed that, “In the interest of the common good, the right to wear masks is hereby prohibited. After all, no right is absolute! And while we’re at it, no more free speech either! Who needs free speech in order to speak freely anyway?”

Concerned citizen, Ralph McRandom, was disappointed in 1998 and he’s disappointed again.

“I had the scariest mask of all time- it had fangs and everything. I used that mask to scare away criminals and Jehovah’s witnesses. After I turned in my mask in ’98 like every other law-abiding citizen, my family was mask less and defenseless. Just like that ’98 ban, now only law abiding citizens won’t blow themselves up. The criminals have us out-bombed.”

Mentel is optimistic about his latest ban. Many are calling this ban the most provocative piece of legislation since the 1996 ban on horror films. Even though many citizens complained about being labeled criminals for simply watching horror films, the Council stands behind the legislation as “sending a strong message that Columbus would not tolerate frightened citizens in their streets.”

About the new suicide-bomber ban, Mentel said, “The Iraqi government should take notice,” he went on to say, “They may have laws on the books against suicide bombing, but how many more laws have they passed since those ones? Have they banned masks? Have they banned boots? Have they banned beards? These are all tell-tale signs of a suicide bomber. Criminals may not respect our laws, but they will respect more laws… That, my friends is how you stop crime.”

Councilwoman Tavares added, “Today, I cast my vote for the 180,000 children of Columbus… as well as our great city’s 20,000 cute puppy dogs and furry little kittens… and for the great game of baseball… and Oprah.”

Council had capitalized on its past couch bans, smoking bans, and assault weapon bans in passing newer legislation like house bans, walking bans, and now, suicide bomber bans. Next week, Council seeks to act again, this time with its most anticipated ban of all -- the people ban. If passed, all citizens will be jailed to cut down crime. It is said that an alarming 100% of all crimes are committed by people, and Council seeks to do something about it.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top