Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 7:18:14 PM EDT
Well Boy & Girls,

We're here! Spent the evening at the "Woodlands" drinking scotch, "sweet tea" and eating Carolina BBQ listening to Gene Goforth pick and sing(You don't know him, he's local and he's good! Kinda like a cross between Gordan Lightfoot & Jimmy Buffet)
Then a little "jacuzzi time" etc.
Friends will start arriving tomorrow. Went shopping for "breakfast food"(Getting ready for some of JME's famous breakfasts!) This house is awesome! 3 stories,  2BR& bath upstairs; master BR & bath main floor; Game room & BR & bath downstairs(I was wrong about the pool table) wet bar & jacuzzi, pingpong table, air hockey, electronic dartboard, putting thingy, 6 TV's, DVD, high speed internet, just about anything you could want! so secluded you almost get lost trying to find it! Yet ten minutes to just about anything you want or need.
I think I'm being paged, more later!

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
 LUCKY DOG!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Providing Im not forced to partake in fine stout beverages I will be up at the crack of noon dawn to cook breafestez for all yawlz

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Where in NC are you?

We are renting a beach-front house the week of Labor Day.  Kill Devil Hills.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy Crap!

Sit still for a minute.
Southern Ohio, Northwest Ohio, Lake Erie, NC

Do you sleep?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Holy Crap!

Sit still for a minute.

Southern Ohio, Northwest Ohio, Lake Erie, NC

I "sit still" during the school year! I can't wait till I retire(if I'm ever able to!) I told CG I'm spending spring summer and fall on a boat & all winter in a cabin in the woods!

Don't you know the faster you go the slower time passes and the longer you live!(it's a physics thing)

JME:   Stout beverages are a requirement of vacation!  Cowboy up!

illigb:  Between Boone & Blowing Rock NC
          (Killdevil Hills can get a bit windy that time of year, Have a good time!)

Damn, fellas some of these Carolina girls make me feel real old!

Gotta go! CG's calling from the hottub!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, JME & Chris & Sean(My two boys) hit town at the same time. Chris is already in the hottub, JME is taking a nap.
The girls called(Ashley, Jessica, [daughters], Lauren, Rachel,[nieces]Barbara,[sister-in law]  and they are "south of cincy, shopping!" I figure they'll get here about "Oh Dark-thirty!"

Going to see about arangeing a rafting trip tomorrow.

Later

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Poker, Scotch, BBQ, Trout,Hottubs,Fine Ceegars,more later!

Sunday Morning:  Family Reunion @ 1300/ 11:30,most everybody is moving.....slowly
JME didn't make breakfast this morning(too much "culture" last night) Chris is still down for the count(He doesn't drink) The "girls" are putting on makeup, etc.(I stole all their clothes last night when they went to the hottub and had them going for a while but I was the "gentleman" and returned them) After all, they are family and we ain't in Kentuckee(or on Jerry Springer)
Well we're off! More later,

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread is depressing me!

Just to let you know you're not the only ones having fun, I just changed the oil in my truck, mowed the lawn in the heat, and cleaned some guns. Ugh.

Have fun guys! I hate you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Just to let you know you're not the only ones having fun, I just changed the oil in my truck, mowed the lawn in the heat, and cleaned some guns. Ugh.

Well, at least your grass is growing.
Mine has not grown for 2 weeks now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, at least your grass is growing.
Mine has not grown for 2 weeks now.

The trick is to despise your lawn - really hate it and hate maintaining it. It'll grow really good, and often.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Just to let you know, It rained all day here. Family reunion was ok. Good food, most everyone is in good health, and nobody died since the last one!(I know that sounds cold but I have some really old relatives!) I have a cousin that's selling some pre & post samples 2 A model Uzis and 3 HKs. (I told him I'd get back to him for details. I might just have to become an FFL or manufacterer!)
Came "home" and had ribeye steaks & wine (shiraz) with "brownies" for desert. Chris & Sean took off tonight, the girls will be leaving tomorrow AM.  I think JME is heading back sometime tomorrow as well. Hope it quits raining soon as I have some photographs and measurements to take on the property.  It was nice to have everybody here, but I'm ready for some "adult activities," IYKWIM!
I think everyone has had a pretty good time,(even with the rain). There were no major arguements, and everybody got along ok.
Later
Hessian-1

edited to add:  Average temp here, 65-70. and lots of trees! I promise I'll get some pics soon!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Boy what trip. I cant believe how much cooler it is in the mountains. I got into Kentucky on my way home and the temps went up 10-15 degrees. I saw a couple potential wrecks on the way home and had to change out a battery at walmart but I made it back in one piece.

It was the best little vacation Ive had in a long long time and I miss it aleady. The cabin was beautiful and the company couldnt have been better.

I cant thank you guys enough for having me

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:24:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Boy what trip. I cant believe how much cooler it is in the mountains. I got into Kentucky on my way home and the temps went up 10-15 degrees. I saw a couple potential wrecks on the way home and had to change out a battery at walmart but I made it back in one piece.

It was the best little vacation Ive had in a long long time and I miss it aleady. The cabin was beautiful and the company couldnt have been better.

I cant thank you guys enough for having me

Tell me about it.  I was visiting my family over the weekend in Madison county- a couple of hours from where you guys were.  I actually turned on the heat for a little bit when I left yesterday afternoon.  I almost forgot what it was like driving at "cloud level".  

Even with the cooler weather there, my dad's farm looks like a jungle with all the rain they've had.  It's nice to look at, but I don't miss living there at all. Give me my rolling hills and heat
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Give me my rolling hills and heat

Oh yes the whole way home I was all excited to get back and work in 90+ heat and humidity

Theres alot of beautiful country in the US but theres just no place like home.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Give me my rolling hills and heat

Oh yes the whole way home I was all excited to get back and work in 90+ heat and humidity

Theres alot of beautiful country in the US but theres just no place like home.

Yeah, I can't wait to get back to "wrangling middle schoolers" in the "heat and humidity" much less "school politics!"

Update:  Callgirl is sick(Flu-like symptoms) and I'll probably get whatever it is! So we're just laying around chilling(literally) watching TV. CG told me to just go ahead and go do stuff, but I can't just leave her here sick by herself.  I'm playing "nurse" sort of.
This place is big for just the two of us. Since CG is sick I guess I'd better start straightening up the house so it's not too big of a job tomorrow when we leave.

Good News is my cousin just got "hired" as 911 coordinator for the county. He was the assistant to the assistant of the coordinator.  Coordinator has heartattack and passes away.  Her assistant takes over and is soon caught up in drug charges and a sexual harassment scandal. So they promote my cousin!  It's about a 10K per year raise. I saw him and his wife last night.  They are pumped!  We are all excited for them.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Last post from this AO:

Spent all day yesterday in bed recovering!
Got to load the jeep and head on out.
Probably spend the day with my Dad putzing around then head north.
I guess I had a pretty good time(Didn't get anything accomplished on the property though! Oh well, it ain't going anywhere!)

Hessian-1 & Callgirl429
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]
We're Home Pictures later.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
We're Home Pictures later.

Its about time. I thought I was gonna have to come track you down and drag you back. Did the women folk make it back ok or did they screw up like I did?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Its about time. I thought I was gonna have to come track you down and drag you back. Did the women folk make it back ok or did they screw up like I did?

I really didn't want to come home!
Man! Elk River Falls are awesome!(I also got a few pictures of the local "natives" if CG didn't delete them!)

Hessian-1
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top