Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2005 12:40:55 PM EDT
Just got off work, nice weekend coming up, gunshow weekend, 3 weeks left of school, tunes jammin on the CD player, windows down, dry pavement, little traffic, It's finally friday!

and I meet one of "Ohio's finest" coming around the curve at 78 mph & he's got one of those radar do-hickies!

Well, it's still gonna be a good weekend. I'm just not going to have $95 to spend on ammo!

Ya live and learn. (Hey, he didn't look old enough to drive, much less be a trooper! I think I made him nervous, being all cooperative and all, and asking how his shift was going. (ARFCOM plate holder, & battlebpack of 7.62 on the backseat) I did get a smile out of him when I told him I would like him alot better if he was in another line of work. He was professional and pleasent. (I probably would have done better if I was a tall leggy, blond chick with big boobs)

Hessian-1(back'in it down!)
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#1]
What post was he from?  Bet I know him.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#2]
well if you couldnt talk him out of giving you that ticket then nobody could
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
well if you couldnt talk him out of giving you that ticket then nobody could

Link Posted: 5/6/2005 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....

blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....blah blah blah....blah blah....big boobs

heh heh... big boobs.
and dancing bananas.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 2:52:17 AM EDT
[#5]
So I take it you got cited? I'm suprised you were speeding. I've never seen so many cops in my life since moving here from California. I'm scared to speed.

Damn, you LEO's are well funded. A guy can't catch a break in this state!
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 4:57:23 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So I take it you got cited? I'm suprised you were speeding. I've never seen so many cops in my life since moving here from California. I'm scared to speed.

Damn, you LEO's are well funded. A guy can't catch a break in this state!

Odd you mention that, only California has a larger HP force than Ohio.

Whatever cool stuff our state has to offer, I have no doubt it was paid for in large part by the OHP.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#7]
there is going to be a increase of cops, and the ticket patrol on I-71 in the medina area, this weekend.......and I'm sure every town north and south of them will have their bravest out there handing out tickets as well........so if you are traveling around there I would watch your speed.......depends of the guy, I blew past the ticket patrol going 75 on the turnpike and he didn't care. at Lindale I got stopped for doing 65..........in the 6 seconds it took me to go through there.

I'd like to buy your deadliest gun, please.

Homer Simpson
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone ever notice how speed patrol increases by about 1500% when it is a beautiful, sunny day and the roads are perfect?
But on a crappy, snowy or rainy day, when the roads are most dangerous, there is nary a revenue collector cop to be seen?
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 12:39:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anyone ever notice how speed patrol increases by about 1500% when it is a beautiful, sunny day and the roads are perfect?
But on a crappy, snowy or rainy day, when the roads are most dangerous, there is nary a revenue collector cop to be seen?

Would you like to get out and stand in the rain/snow/sleet/ hail and write a citation?  

On the other hand, if I have to stop somebody in the rain, there is NO CHANCE for a warning.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#10]
LS! Now you done went and hurt my last feeling!

And I thought we were(what's that cajun word for "brother?"..............WODIE'S!)

Link Posted: 5/7/2005 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LS! Now you done went and hurt my last feeling!

And I thought we were(what's that cajun word for "brother?"..............WODIE'S!)

But, but, JME's the one who called you long-winded a silk tongued devil.
I just noticed the word "boobies".

ETA: since that was your "last feeling", can we flame away with impunity now?

BTW: I know the feeling. Nothing like 5 minutes into a 2 1/2 hour trip up to Youngstown, and gettin pulled over for speeding on 270, like happened to me a couple years ago.  Or riding out to AIM Surplus for a Yugo M38 for $85, and paying $170 total for it instead, by violating a "no turn on red" sign.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Among the reasons,

Moving radar doesn't work well in the rain, stationary does.
LIDAR (AKA Laser speed measurement) doesn't work in the rain, or fog.

When road conditions detoriorate, it becomes much more difficult to catch up to vehicles. Officers have to go the violators speed + to catch them.

The officers are busy working at the crashes that have already been caused by the lunkheads.......

And what some other guy said about staning around in the rain.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1.  I just got back from Georgetown, Kentucky and saw 8 cars in a 15 mile stretch on I-75.
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Among the reasons,

Moving radar doesn't work well in the rain, stationary does.
LIDAR (AKA Laser speed measurement) doesn't work in the rain, or fog.

When road conditions detoriorate, it becomes much more difficult to catch up to vehicles. Officers have to go the violators speed + to catch them.

The officers are busy working at the crashes that have already been caused by the lunkheads.......

And what some other guy said about staning around in the rain.

I'll add one more glaring example to the list....

On nice holiday weekends, out of staters and other casual drivers are out in force....so unwitting revenue sources speeders are easy prey.

Or, in the words of my friend who was a cop in a speed trap town, "Shoot an arrow into a thick herd and you'll hit something. Shoot 20 times and you hit 20 somethings."

[Arfcomese]More thrusts per squeeze[/Arfcomese]
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

On nice holiday weekends, out of staters and other casual drivers are out in force....so unwitting revenue sources speeders are easy prey.

Or, in the words of my friend who was a cop in a speed trap town, "Shoot an arrow into a thick herd and you'll hit something. Shoot 20 times and you hit 20 somethings."

Or alternately, the usual crimes, shop lifting, domestics, fights, road rage, etc. seem to occur less, at least on the initial "holiday commute". Fewer stores and businesses are opened.

But, somehow when people go on vacation, or away for a 3 day holiday weekend they seem to think the usual laws about driving, and drinking and driving, also go on vacation. There are generally fewer cars on the road holiday weekends, but monumental bad driving abounds. Most holidays see a large jump in serious or fatal traffic crashes. A lot of it has to do with simply stupid driving.

If you are in charge of your state's highway patrol, and you know every "holiday commute" results in a signifigant increase in serious or deadly crashes, would you tell your Troopers to be on the back roads taking it easy, or on the main roads watching for reckless, drunken, or stupid driving?

If every July 4th the local shopping mall is the scene of 3-5 murders, would you think the police chief was competent if he didn't redeploy some of his officers to keep an eye on the mall?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#16]
OK, some logic.
I like that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or alternately, the usual crimes, shop lifting, domestics, fights, road rage, etc. seem to occur less, at least on the initial "holiday commute". Fewer stores and businesses are opened.

But, somehow when people go on vacation, or away for a 3 day holiday weekend they seem to think the usual laws about driving, and drinking and driving, also go on vacation. There are generally fewer cars on the road holiday weekends, but monumental bad driving abounds. Most holidays see a large jump in serious or fatal traffic crashes. A lot of it has to do with simply stupid driving.

If you are in charge of your state's highway patrol, and you know every "holiday commute" results in a signifigant increase in serious or deadly crashes, would you tell your Troopers to be on the back roads taking it easy, or on the main roads watching for reckless, drunken, or stupid driving?

If every July 4th the local shopping mall is the scene of 3-5 murders, would you think the police chief was competent if he didn't redeploy some of his officers to keep an eye on the mall?  

good post.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 4:04:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough, it's a public safety issue....saving lives, for the children, all that.

I can buy that logic, except it sounds like a politician selling "more cops on the highways" to his constituants. No, strike that, it sounds like the head of the  Highway Patrol justifying even more troops under his watch.

I wonder why then on the big picture, if we're going to talk about saving lives, aren't the inner cities - where about 90% of all murders and serious crimes - literally crawling with police? Since Ohio has more troopers than the other 48 states not counting that other model of good government, California, don't you think it could spare some law enforcement to keep the inner cities from becoming a bloody warzone? Why do so many people seek a job in the HP, patrolling the highways, when the real work to be done is elsewhere?

How could you compare, even for a second, the protection of people from accidents that MAY take a life on a highway, to willful, deliberate murder or people committing serious crimes? Which is the "greater good" here? Wholesale crime carried out daily by gangs, drug dealers, thieves and thugs, or some vacationers going too fast to get to mom's house in Terra Haute?

The reason is, simply, that the state, the cities and most of the public sector aren't really interested in this greater good nonsense. There is money to made on those highways, and lots of it.

I'm all for the "greater good", ya know (sarcasm), but I'd like to know that the men behind the badge realize that 4 deaths on the highways due to irresponsible behavior is not a public health crises compared to the thousands of meth labs poluting our state, violent inner cities, and thieves.

I'm not condemning law enforcement officers - they do a tough job, one I wouldn't do, and they're asked to do it thanklessly. What I question is the reason that Ohio has too many State Troopers and our crime problem is not overweight truckers and speeding travelers. That's all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#19]
swingset, since they're putting red-light cameras in the inner city, maybe the "esteemed" Mayor Coleman and the "honorable" city council are thinking along the same lines as you.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
swingset, since they're putting red-light cameras in the inner city, maybe the "esteemed" Mayor Coleman and the "honorable" city council are thinking along the same lines as you.

Hey, if it saves one life, then it's worth the destruction of personal liberty.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Fair enough, it's a public safety issue....saving lives, for the children, all that.

I can buy that logic, except it sounds like a politician selling "more cops on the highways" to his constituants. No, strike that, it sounds like the head of the  Highway Patrol justifying even more troops under his watch.

Every holiday we have WSP and other agencies talk about "more eyes watching". WSP are 30% understrenght. What usually happens on holidays, is they have the same number of Troops "on the clock". But they stay strictly on the interstate. They are only doing traffic assignments. No catching up on paperwork, or running down leads, or doing truck inspections.

My deparment often says the same thing, it's generally a bluff.

The idea is to make wahtever number of officer that are out there highly visible, and make people aware that officers are out there.

It's a ounce of prevention saves a pound of cure....................

I wonder why then on the big picture, if we're going to talk about saving lives, aren't the inner cities - where about 90% of all murders and serious crimes - literally crawling with police?

That's incorrect, 90% is a huge exageration. Crimes in denseley populated, economically depressed, areas are certainly disproportonate, to either the population, or square mileage. But 90%, no.

My area has 3-5 homicides per year. I want to say there were 3 last year. There were 55 deaths from car crashes. That was a bad year. The year before there were 5 homicides, and 43 crash related deaths.

Since Ohio has more troopers than the other 48 states not counting that other model of good government, California, don't you think it could spare some law enforcement to keep the inner cities from becoming a bloody warzone? Why do so many people seek a job in the HP, patrolling the highways, when the real work to be done is elsewhere?

Because it has to do with wages, conditions of employment, etc. It also has to do with what individuals feel the police should be doing. Oh, and the biggee, who is hiring when the person is looking for a job.

Look at most state's state patrol/police, Troopers generally have a reputation of being very professional, well trained officers. A lot of people like to be part of an organization with that kind of a reputation.

How could you compare, even for a second, the protection of people from accidents that MAY take a life on a highway, to willful, deliberate murder or people committing serious crimes? Which is the "greater good" here? Wholesale crime carried out daily by gangs, drug dealers, thieves and thugs, or some vacationers going too fast to get to mom's house in Terra Haute?

One the one hand you are right. On the other hand, dead is dead. On another hand, most of the people killed by drug dealers, gang memebers, etc etc. are other gang members, drug dealers, etc. etc. The people getting killed or injured in car crashes are often not the at fault driver, and are generally law abiding citizens. Who would you rather try to protect?

Next, murder in the inner city, or anyplace is often like trying to predict where lightning will strike, on a clear day. Car crashes are far more predictable.

The reason is, simply, that the state, the cities and most of the public sector aren't really interested in this greater good nonsense. There is money to made on those highways, and lots of it.

If 1 Trooper sits in the median on a US highway or interstate for 2 hours during rush hour, how many people see that trooper? If a city officer spends 2 hours at a business investigating a burglary, how many people see him?

I'm all for the "greater good", ya know (sarcasm), but I'd like to know that the men behind the badge realize that 4 deaths on the highways due to irresponsible behavior is not a public health crises compared to the thousands of meth labs poluting our state, violent inner cities, and thieves.

I'll let you in on a little secret, thieves, robbers, murderers, and a whole bunch of other ne'er do-whells, DRIVE. If they can't obey the laws prohibiting felonious acts, do you think they drive responsibly? They generally stand out when driving near law abiding citizens....................

I'm not condemning law enforcement officers - they do a tough job, one I wouldn't do, and they're asked to do it thanklessly. What I question is the reason that Ohio has too many State Troopers and our crime problem is not overweight truckers and speeding travelers. That's all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn! All this because I was happy to get off work and caught speeding!

Just for the record,  I think everything comes down to the "almighty dollar" the officer asked me what I did(for a living) and then said "you know you're getting cited for this?" I told him I fiqured he had a job to do, just like anyone else.
I've known some fine people who wear a badge. I've also known some real assholes. I think "karma," "God," or whatever, will take care of the assholes. There are good "cops" and there are some that should never be trusted with a gun and a badge, just as there are good and bad people in any profession.
I'm sure there are some fine officers doing a good job,(I worked with alot of them while working my way through school as a wrecker driver) but for the most part I think everybody looks at the OSP as glorified "tax collectors."  

on!

Hessian-1
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#23]
even my old pontiac grand prix has cruise control,  as Ron Popeil says "set it and forget it"  cruise control turns gas (and speeding ticket) money into ammo cash.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah I saw alot on my way up to wooster from cinci on friday, passed one going 75 and it didnt seem like he cared to much. Alot of folks seemed to be crusing at 80, for once I was one of the slower ones on the road. Got to keep up my record of 0 citations.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Lots of answers to my questions....

I appreciate the comments, some things I hadn't considered. Some I have.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I think the reason that many seem to come down as anti-LEO, even though they really aren't, is that we are anti nanny-state government.  And the large enforcement agencies are run in a way that seems to conform to that "let the government protect me from everything, icluding myself" mentality.  And, along the same lines, Detroit today announced 2% sales tax on fast food is on the agenda.  That's my problem with LEO's.  It's not the individual, it's the dept that causes me pause.
Link Posted: 5/8/2005 10:51:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I think the reason that many seem to come down as anti-LEO, even though they really aren't, is that we are anti nanny-state government.  And the large enforcement agencies are run in a way that seems to conform to that "let the government protect me from everything, icluding myself" mentality.  And, along the same lines, Detroit today announced 2% sales tax on fast food is on the agenda.  That's my problem with LEO's.  It's not the individual, it's the dept that causes me pause.

+1000.

There's a difference between an officer of the law, and the beurocratic, boondoggled culture of law enforcement he works under....which is what all citizens have a problem with.

At the end of the day, tho, when some POS anti-personal liberty law comes down that really tramples on people, it's the individual who either carries out bad enforcement or says no.

You can justify something like random stops with a whole littany of "common sense" excuses....public safety, driving is a priveledge, if you don't have anything to hide, on and on....but it's still a sickening violation of the 4th amendmant and I would walk off a job that asked me to conduct one.

But, then I never claimed I'd make a good cop. The first hot blonde looking to get out of a ticket that I stopped would probably be the end of me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:28:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Just got off work, nice weekend coming up, gunshow weekend, 3 weeks left of school, tunes jammin on the CD player, windows down, dry pavement, little traffic, It's finally friday!

and I meet one of "Ohio's finest" coming around the curve at 78 mph & he's got one of those radar do-hickies!

Well, it's still gonna be a good weekend. I'm just not going to have $95 to spend on ammo!

Ya live and learn. (Hey, he didn't look old enough to drive, much less be a trooper! I think I made him nervous, being all cooperative and all, and asking how his shift was going. (ARFCOM plate holder, & battlebpack of 7.62 on the backseat) I did get a smile out of him when I told him I would like him alot better if he was in another line of work. He was professional and pleasent. (I probably would have done better if I was a tall leggy, blond chick with big boobs)

Go to the CB shop at Beaverdam and get yourself a used, peaked & tuned CB radio for under $75.  Turn it on and listen to the truckers.  They'll tell you where the cops are....

Or, you could always just slow down.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Hey Oly - here's a hunting tip for you.  The drunks are almost always on the back roads - not the highway.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:36:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Oly - here's a hunting tip for you.  The drunks are almost always on the back roads - not the highway.  

Hey here's a tip for you, you are wrong.

I listen to the WSP Troopers make arrests every night on the interstate.

One of the things you are thinking, is that the drunk driver is going to be wiley.................... Often times they ain't.

Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey here's a tip for you, you are wrong.

I listen to the WSP Troopers make arrests every night on the interstate.

One of the things you are thinking, is that the drunk driver is going to be wiley.................... Often times they ain't.

I'll take your word for it.  When I was much younger and stupider I NEVER took the highway.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'll take your word for it.  When I was much younger and stupider I NEVER took the highway.  

There are people that know that they shouldn't be driving after drinking, and try to keep a "low profile".

There are others who for a variety of reasons, don't care. It's amazing to catch a drunk driver from 3 states away, who tells you he drove from wherever, plowed. Or to catch drivers in big rigs well over .08, and they tell you they haven't drank for hours................ yet they are hundreds of miles from where they started driving.

For some drinking and driving is common place, and they will drive anywhere a sober person would.

We have people drive to police departments drunk to pick up there friends that have been arrested for DUI............................................
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
We have people drive to police departments drunk to pick up there friends that have been arrested for DUI............................................

Damn.  Just.....damn.  "You got picked up for DUI?  Yeah - I'll come up and spend the night with you."

Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:03:42 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn.  Just.....damn.  "You got picked up for DUI?  Yeah - I'll come up and spend the night with you."

In WI people arrested for DUI can be released to a sober responsible person, or jailed for 12 hours, or until sober.

Lots of people have real trouble understanding the term "sober".
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:10:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Lots of people have real trouble understanding the term "sober".

Roger that, Oly.

But what is so hard to understand about the word "Police"?

I swear - I've done some stupid shit in my life no doubt about it - but some people don't realize that there's a time and place for stupid shit and it ain't in front of the cops.  I don't understand people who can't stay out of trouble.  How hard is it????

Link Posted: 5/9/2005 7:35:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Since we're on the subject of speeding...... I was just curious, does the PHAZER 2 (radar/laser jammer) really work? I've heard some truckers swear by them.  But if it's one thing I've learned never believe a trucker.
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#37]
http://www.radartest.com/article.asp?articleID=8501 as far as i have read they dont jam anything. http://www.lidatek.com/ best thing for laser protection.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I got this from the author of the subject via e-mail:

http://www.subguns.com/boards/sword.cgi?read=534201

Ohio CCW alert State Highway Patrol encounters

Posted By: Dolphin_Shooter
Date: 5/10/05 21:17

I got pulled over on the way home from work today..I have everything ready as the patrolman came up to my truck. Then he asked me why I did'nt declair my self to be a CCW holder ( the dispatcher alerted him to this fact) I told him I had no weapon in the vehicale so I didn't think I had anything to declair.He inform's me i'm suppost to declair myself to be a CCW holder weather I have a weapon in the vehicale or Not. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT! He asked if I had any weapons in the vehicale several times and I kept telling him No. he wasen't as big a dick as he could have been I figured I had a full vehicale search coming
but he did'nt bother with it. I learned two things out of all this, the State definatly has a CCW holders data base.Two your in a specail catagory once you have your CCW one so specail you your suppost to declair it to any LEO you encounter. We need to bust some political ballsack and get our fucked up CCW law changed!
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I got pulled over on the way home from work today..I have everything ready as the patrolman came up to my truck. Then he asked me why I did'nt declair my self to be a CCW holder ( the dispatcher alerted him to this fact) I told him I had no weapon in the vehicale so I didn't think I had anything to declair.He inform's me i'm suppost to declair myself to be a CCW holder weather I have a weapon in the vehicale or Not. WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT! He asked if I had any weapons in the vehicale several times and I kept telling him No. he wasen't as big a dick as he could have been I figured I had a full vehicale search coming
but he did'nt bother with it. I learned two things out of all this, the State definatly has a CCW holders data base.Two your in a specail catagory once you have your CCW one so specail you your suppost to declair it to any LEO you encounter. We need to bust some political ballsack and get our fucked up CCW law changed!

When we run your plates, if you are a CCW holder it will come back with your OL.  If you don't say something to the officer, he is going to ask you about it.  Probably the best course of action is to mention it even if you have no weapon with you.  Just say "I am a CCW holder, but I am not carrying today."  that would work for me!
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I dont have a problem with getting a ticket for speeding. I dont think I should have to wear a seatbelt though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#41]
When I had my accident back in January I told the Franklin Co Sheriff I had a CHL, when I handed him my DL and registration, etc..., but wasn't carrying.  He said he wasn't worried about that stuff.  That was cool, at least.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I dont have a problem with getting a ticket for speeding. I dont think I should have to wear a seatbelt though.

What? You don't think the State should be able to tell you how to take care of YOU??

[Jerkoff Socialist]But, when you have an accident, we ALL pay for you![/Jerkoff Socialist]

I like to ask people who defend seatbelt laws to explain the motorcycle. It has no restraint system, it is literally a body-launching device waiting to be hit by a 4,000 car. Also, there are no laws requiring helmets....splain that!
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 5:03:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What? You don't think the State should be able to tell you how to take care of YOU??

[Jerkoff Socialist]But, when you have an accident, we ALL pay for you![/Jerkoff Socialist]

I like to ask people who defend seatbelt laws to explain the motorcycle. It has no restraint system, it is literally a body-launching device waiting to be hit by a 4,000 car. Also, there are no laws requiring helmets....splain that!

I'm with you on this one.  Never understood the logic behind having a seatbelt law and NOT a helmet law.

If you want my honest opinion, it comes down to money.  Not because they are raking in the fines for the seatbelt violations, because they get a LARGE chunk of federal grant money by having a seatbelt law.

Same applies for the newly lowered OVI limit to .08  If the state had not lowered the limit to .08 a VERY large chunk of grant money would not be filtering into Ohio.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 8:04:17 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My CCW instructors advised us to inform the officer

a.)  That we had permit for CCW

and

b.)  If we were carrying and where the gun was located.

The one time I've had contact w/ LE (Allen Co. Deputy) he thanked me & told me I did everything perfect.  Haven't had a bad experience yet.

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm with you on this one.  Never understood the logic behind having a seatbelt law and NOT a helmet law.

If you want my honest opinion, it comes down to money.  Not because they are raking in the fines for the seatbelt violations, because they get a LARGE chunk of federal grant money by having a seatbelt law.

Same applies for the newly lowered OVI limit to .08  If the state had not lowered the limit to .08 a VERY large chunk of grant money would not be filtering into Ohio.

I agree, it is all about the money.  We can thank the insurance industry for seatbelt laws.  The insurance companies figured out that the average claim is lower when a seatbelt is worn.  Their lobbists line the pockets of our legislators, and we bear the burden of yet another 'feel good' law.

As for helmet laws, it's like I used to tell my girlfriend - "The way I ride, the only difference in wearing a helmet or not is open casket or closed."

Link Posted: 5/12/2005 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#46]
The real bad guys don't pay when they get caught, so the rest of us have to pay for it. It just sucks that the minor stuff gets you the ticket. Although I must say that the last 2-3 times I've been pulled over I had very polite officers and got warnings (over 4-5 years). If I'm wreckless pull me over, but if there is no one on the road leave me alone. Pull over that female dog that thought she could race past me to the merge today and almost caused an accident , I,m shure she would like to subsidise some inner city (and elsewhere) crime fighting. (sorry for the poor spelling)
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Damn MRW, I don't think I've ever seen an OSP trooper that looks like that!
( Just as well, I would probably be in jail right now for soliciting begging!)
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Wow....never seen a popo like that.

I'd almost let her shoot my dog, if you know what I mean.

I'd let her treat me like a king. Rodney King.

I'd assault her precinct 13, if you know what I mean.

I'd.....

I should stop.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Wow....never seen a popo like that.

I'd almost let her shoot my dog, if you know what I mean.

I'd let her treat me like a king. Rodney King.

I'd assault her precinct 13, if you know what I mean.

I'd.....let her use her nightstick on me if you know what I mean

I should stop.

I was with you until the last line. Some of you guys are just downright kinky!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top