Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 11:57:08 AM EDT
4x8 I put in the front yard!(My wife wanted a big sign) No problem, but it's almost as big as the yard!
My buddy and I are putting it up last evening and my next door neighbor says "I don't think I can see to back out of my drive way." AFTER watching us put it up on the street side of the sidewalk. I tell her "I'm sorry" and she mumbles something and goes in her house. Today I get a call from the City Zoning Inspector telling me "it" needs to be moved to the "north side of the sidewalk."(6 feet closer to the house) I don't have a problem with that but I wish I'd have known before I pounded the stakes into the ground!(Come to think of it, I've never seen any "Bush" signs on her property. Maybe she's a "closet liberial" or worse yet [shudder]"A Kerry Supporter"[shudder]

Just had to share

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#1]
4 foot by 8 foot?! Id like to see that. This thread is worfless wiffout pics!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Hehe, I'm thinkin of putting out a Perot sign I found the day after the election years ago.

We're a split house, so no party signs here...
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#3]
pics?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I took a drive thru the country yesterday on my way to my favorite fishing hole....
I shoulda started counting...I bet I saw at least 15 4x8 footers and several dozen smaller yard signs.

And this is on the BFE roads!

In fact, one 4x8 footer was in front of a buffalo ranch...so just because of that, I stopped in and bought some ground buffalo (on the way home). I made it a point to state that's why I stopped in....the owner just smiled and said thank you.

Our subdivision has covenances that prohibit us from putting signs in our yard.....however, in our windows or on the porch railing (or on the garage door for that matter) wasn't ruled out!
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
4 foot by 8 foot?! Id like to see that. This thread is worfless wiffout pics!

+1

I'd like to see pics too!  That's a big sign.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll have to get a few pictures taken & posted!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:37:42 AM EDT
[#7]
i saw a sign, about the same size, for kerry the other day

next to it was a little hand lettered sign that said:

'flip-flopper'

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
do you live near kent?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 8:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
do you live near kent?

Findlay, NW Ohio, south of Toledo on I-75
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Hessian, did you see how some jagoff destroyed the Bush sign out on Bright Road, down toward Brinkman's? The only other road in that area I can think of is called Pheasant Run Drive or some stupid shit. You know where I'm talking about? If you're headed toward Tiffin Ave. on Bright Rd., come over the bridge by Brinkman's, first curve, there was that ginormous sign there. Some jerkwad decided to knock the center out of it, then it disappeared entirely a couple days later.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:28:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hessian, did you see how some jagoff destroyed the Bush sign out on Bright Road, down toward Brinkman's? The only other road in that area I can think of is called Pheasant Run Drive or some stupid shit. You know where I'm talking about? If you're headed toward Tiffin Ave. on Bright Rd., come over the bridge by Brinkman's, first curve, there was that ginormous sign there. Some jerkwad decided to knock the center out of it, then it disappeared entirely a couple days later.

I'm not surprised.  Lately, Findlay is being overrun by liberals.  

Remember when the newspaper was called the Republican Courier ?

Ahhh, the good ol' days.

ETA -  Good ol' days? - Dammit, I must be getting old.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Hell, lately EVERYWHERE is being overrun by liberals. Its starting to really suck.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hell, lately EVERYWHERE is being overrun by liberals. Its starting to really suck.

"well you better start swimmin or you'll sink like a stone, for the times they are a changin"/

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hehe, I'm thinkin of putting out a Perot sign I found the day after the election years ago.

We're a split house, so no party signs here...

A split house - so your wife cancels your vote? That hurts. I couldn't live with a liberal/Democrat wife and try to raise kids.
Finnbear
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Someone swiped the big 4x8 Bush sign by Mike Gilb's house on E Sandusky St. also.

I'm not sure who's property it is but after that happened(the one you're talking about) he got another and put it on the side of that big barn in the field, small signs on the roof also.

Hey did any of you guys see the thread from "PennvilleBill" in GD dtd 10/12/2004 102:07PM? It's a hoot! Poetic justice! (would link it but I'm  "puter" ignorant!)

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:15:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I just went to the Bush Cheney HQ here in Lima to pick up a sign and they are out... AGAIN.  Was in the other day same story.  They claim they will have more tomorrow.... have to wait and see...
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Is a big sign a sign of a small dick?

Ever wonder if a four foot by eight foot sign actually does anything other than look silly and make the guy with it feel good (for having a small dick?)?

"Oh Mr. Hessian has a silly big sign in his yard for George W. Bush, I guess I'll change my vote and vote for Mr. Bush then"

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Is a big sign a sign of a small dick?

Ever wonder if a four foot by eight foot sign actually does anything other than look silly and make the guy with it feel good (for having a small dick?)?

"Oh Mr. Hessian has a silly big sign in his yard for George W. Bush, I guess I'll change my vote and vote for Mr. Bush then"

They're just harder to steal, drives the skerry supporters crazy!

I'm not out to change anyones vote, just supporting my President.  Besides, I wouldn't want the party "contaminated" by any "flip-flopping mental midget" that would even consider voting for Kerry given his "record!" As for the size of my "Johnson,"  I've never had any complaints (especially from Callgirl429) but I am concerned as to why YOU would or should worry about it?  Is there some deep repressed homosexual obsession you have with men who support President Bush?  (Don't answer that, I'm sure there's no one here who really cares) BTW, nice name, "Troll."  It suits you!

(And, sorry if I used too many "BIG" Words!  You can go away now,...... and "Play nice!" or someone will have to "spank you!"  Of course, you would probably enjoy it!)

Hessian-1(feeling like I'm back in High School)OUT!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Stopped by the HQ again tonight and they still have NO damn signs.  This is starting to get annoying.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Move the damn sign -- you Bush lover.

I can't see when I back out the drive.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:45:01 AM EDT
[#22]
yeah that's a great sign, I've seen tons of those.  A little hard for some to get home but heh.
To go with those I just saw a bunch of Bush supporters rally wearing the big 4x8 sheets of house insulation cut in the shape of a foot with pool noodles plugged in to look like flip-flops.  Clever, wish I could have taken pics.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
yeah that's a great sign, I've seen tons of those.  A little hard for some to get home but heh.
To go with those I just saw a bunch of Bush supporters rally wearing the big 4x8 sheets of house insulation cut in the shape of a foot with pool noodles plugged in to look like flip-flops.  Clever, wish I could have taken pics.

Huh?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top