Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 4:17:44 PM EDT
Stop by today it's behind the dairy queen on allentown.  They had a few AR's and a few other nice guns. They also do FFL transfers for 20 bucks..  Didn't get a chance to really poke around didn't have enough time. Shot the shit with owner and he seems pretty cool. Nice to have a gun shop around here again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm gonna have to check that out. Hopefully its better than TNT up in Findlay. They've only got a couple EBR's, the rest is damn duck guns. Typical.

Where's Allentown (Rd., right?)? Over there by the mall?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:42:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Allentown is the road the tom ahl is on. Where it crosses cable road there is the bp, speedway,  used car lot, and walgreens. They just opended this past saturday and didn't have a lot in stock.  I do thing they will be selling mostly EBR's.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:29:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Tom Ahl?

OK, keep in mind, I go to Slima as little as possible, and usually not further west than I-75.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Agree.  I know Lima well enough to find the funshow at the fairgrounds.  How about an address for us Findlayites?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
320 N. Kenitworth ave..
Suite 203

Lima OH 45805

419-225-8496
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. I'll do a Yahoo Maps search next time I'm headed over to Slima, which might be tomorrow. Might not make it all the way to the city, though. Depends on how much money my wife wants to spend over at Stites.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I just called them.

They open at 1400 Saturday, 1200 Sunday and 1800 Monday thru Friday.

I don't know how late they are open.

I think I'm going to drop in tomorrow afternoon and recon the place.

(Don't worry, I'll go heavily armed!)
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just called them.

They open at 1400 Saturday, 1200 Sunday and 1800 Monday thru Friday.

I don't know how late they are open.

I think I'm going to drop in tomorrow afternoon and recon the place.

(Don't worry, I'll go heavily armed!)

So, whats the verdict?

Lemme get this straight, they OPEN at 6 p.m.? Must be a part-time gun dealer, full-time something else.

I think they had a table at the Oct. show at the Allen Co. Fairgrounds. When you walk in from the covered part between the two buildings, first table on the left. Had like an M-11 with a godawful long barrel and some other stuff.

Was that them?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, part-timer. VERY limited inventory.  No mags, no ammo, most of the new stuff was Hi-Point and the like, the used stuff was BEAT and overpriced.  Their shop is in an office building, it is split into four seperate rooms, makes it kinda awkward to shop.

On the plus side they were nice folks, transfers are $15, and they are just getting started.  Opening any new business is a major undertaking and a gun shop has to be a real challenge.  I'll stop back in a few months and check them out again.  We need more (local) dealers, so I'll try to support them if they stock stuff that I need/use.

It will be interesting to see if they can make a go of it.  With virtually no local competition, they have a big advantage.  Their location is not going to help much, though.  The store is hidden behind the Dairy Queen. (Come to think of it, that is another plus in my book - Guns and ice-cream in one stop! )  If any of you remember Reiff's Sporting goods, Tactical Arms is about 200 yards west, on the other side of the street.

Actually their hours might be a real plus. A lot of shops are closed by the time I get off work, and are  open with limited hours on the weekend.

I didn't make the gun show, so I don't know if they were set up there or not.

Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top